ADVERTISEMENT

Stone Bridge @ Quince Orchard (MD)

Apr 15, 2020
Shocked to see no discussion about this game yet. I think QO wins, not as convincingly as Martinsburg did but it won’t be tight like how it was with James Madison. Thoughts?

Shocked to see no discussion about this game yet. I think QO wins, not as convincingly as Martinsburg did but it won’t be tight like how it was with James Madison. Thoughts?
I think Stone Bridge did not play all that well against Madison, at least by historical standards, but the question is was that an aberration or is that who Stone Bridge is this year? Quince Orchard's beatdown of South County was a bit unexpected IMO, but then again QO is supposed to be loaded and a heavy favorite to win the MD Class 4 championship. I don't think SC is truly in that discussion here in Virginia and failing to put away West Springfield last week only reinforced that. I think QO will win by at least three scores if the SB we have seen so far is who they really are. If SB has improved perhaps they keep it closer but I would be quite surprised if QO lost.

Obviously if Stone Bridge plays like they did against Martinsburg they are going to get hammered in this one as well. Since they didn't play last week it's hard to say much beyond that. Their offense is going to have to make a big leap to have success against a stacked QO defense. QO's offense is more run it down your throat than Martinsburg's offense, so SB may be able to contain that a little better.

Stone Bridge just scored to go up 22-21 with about two minutes left. They were down 21-7 at halftime so a gutsy performance from the Bulldogs. Game is on NFHS although without working score/time graphic.

Reactions: pizzzzza
That's one of the incredibly annoying things about NFHS!
At least with this one you can hear the PA announcer and he does a good job announcing how much time is left on each stoppage.

QO with the long touchdown pass to take the lead back. QB runs it in for the two-point conversion to make it 29-22 with 17 seconds left.

Dang GUTSY performance by SB tonight - they will be fine by time we get to post-season.

One of several VA teams (Highland Springs and Maury among others) with tough opening games stretch to start the season.

SB deserved to win tonight. QO was borderline dirty and at a minimum incredibly undisciplined. Had to have been more than 5 personal fouls for QO, coaches running all over the field. Not to mention the blatant gaming of the clock rules by the HC on the final drive signaling for his player to go down to get a free timeout.

SB will be a factor in 5A I think. Doubt anybody can really threaten Maury but SB will be able to play with everybody else. If QO is the class of Maryland public ball, then Maryland is certainly a step or two behind Virginia.

SB deserved to win tonight. QO was borderline dirty and at a minimum incredibly undisciplined. Had to have been more than 5 personal fouls for QO, coaches running all over the field. Not to mention the blatant gaming of the clock rules by the HC on the final drive signaling for his player to go down to get a free timeout.

SB will be a factor in 5A I think. Doubt anybody can really threaten Maury but SB will be able to play with everybody else. If QO is the class of Maryland public ball, then Maryland is certainly a step or two behind Virginia.
I too watched that game, agree with everything that you said!

Stone Bridge will be hard pressed this year to go against 2 better running backs in back/back games than Iverson Howard from QO and Dilin Jones from Good Counsel. Howard was the difference tonight (Class of ‘25) and Jones will be just as much of a problem next Friday.

I do think SB showed the toughness tonight that we expect from them. Storming back to take a lead with just under 2 min to go only to have QO hit that long pass with 17 seconds left. Between all of the injuries, cramping, flags and ref huddles with coaches, a football game took place. Stone Bridge may limp into the playoffs with a 5-4 record but should be battle tested for sure.

Stone Bridge will be hard pressed this year to go against 2 better running backs in back/back games than Iverson Howard from QO and Dilin Jones from Good Counsel. Howard was the difference tonight (Class of ‘25) and Jones will be just as much of a problem next Friday.

I do think SB showed the toughness tonight that we expect from them. Storming back to take a lead with just under 2 min to go only to have QO hit that long pass with 17 seconds left. Between all of the injuries, cramping, flags and ref huddles with coaches, a football game took place. Stone Bridge may limp into the playoffs with a 5-4 record but should be battle tested for sure.
Stone Bridge did a similar thing against James Madison... came back take the lead with 2:36 left in the game. They were upended by a reverse on the ensuing kickoff, poor tackling, and a shifty, speedy Warhawks return man for a touchdown. (but that was the first game of the season...)

Reactions: pizzzzza
Stone Bridge did a similar thing against James Madison... came back take the lead with 2:36 left in the game. They were upended by a reverse on the ensuing kickoff, poor tackling, and a shifty, speedy Warhawks return man for a touchdown. (but that was the first game of the season...)
They could have just as easily be 3-1 at this point of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT