ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsburg

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Will not be able to turn the ball over against Highland Springs and win.

Some of Highland Springs players
Michael Hodge 6-0 185 Wr
Quanye Veney 5'9" 160 Wr
Rashid Parnell 6'4" 250 Dl
Miles Greene 6'3" 240 Dl
Take Heath 5'9" 152 Wr
Braylon Johnson 6'155 S

Highland Springs is 0-1 after losing a close game to Chambers of Charlotte NC.

All of the above players are probably Division 1 or at least in the James Madison FCS level.

Will not be able to turn the ball over against Highland Springs and win.

Some of Highland Springs players
Michael Hodge 6-0 185 Wr
Quanye Veney 5'9" 160 Wr
Rashid Parnell 6'4" 250 Dl
Miles Greene 6'3" 240 Dl
Take Heath 5'9" 152 Wr
Braylon Johnson 6'155 S

Highland Springs is 0-1 after losing a close game to Chambers of Charlotte NC.

All of the above players are probably Division 1 or at least in the James Madison FCS level.
I don't know what to think about this game. I do believe line play will be huge. Will definitely watch this one

Reactions: freeatlast2013
You never know what is going to happen. Of the players I mentioned above and there may be others here are their offer sheets so far:

Michael Hodge Liberty VT
Quanye Veney Boston College, Liberty, Maryland, N.C. State, UNC
Rashaud Pernell has committed to VT
Miles Greene Boston College, James Madison, Maryland, VT, West Virginia
Takye Heath Boston College, Duke, Louisville, Maryland, Pittsburgh, UVA, VT
Braylon Johnson Boston College, Georgia Tech, Liberty, Maryland, Michigan St, Oklahoma, Penn ST, Pittsburgh, UVA, VT

You never know what is going to happen. Of the players I mentioned above and there may be others here are their offer sheets so far:

Michael Hodge Liberty VT
Braylon Johnson Boston College, Georgia Tech, Liberty, Maryland, Michigan St, Oklahoma, Penn ST, Pittsburgh, UVA, VT
I congratulate all these players for their hard work and effort. I've seen players that are not signed to major schools go to the NFL. Games are won in the preparation and who can execute their game plan.

Michael Hodge Liberty VT
The Sophomore QB,Kristian Martin holds an offer from ODU and Maryland

Aziz Foster-Powell 5'9" 215 lb. RB is a load! He bulled through Manchester's D line like it was butter, gaining 131 yds....and he's not alone in a dynamic back field. The Sophomore QB Khristian Martin, is getting more comfortable and he is very dangerous with several really good receivers! This will be a good game!

HSHS beat Manchester by running the ball pretty much at will & by stopping Brown. The Lancers just didn't do a good job of getting him the ball in open space. And, again the Springers got beat on some long pass plays. Heck if Manchester's Halfback pass was a tiny bit more accurate, that game would have been tied @ the end of regulation.

You can bet Martinsburg took notice. Not predicting an outcome here but given the title of another thread, I think the Springers are more vulnerable than their championship seasons. Dead, no way but they may be chasing Stone Bridge this year. We'll know more about SB after Friday's game vs Freedom (W). If they shut down the Eagles like they did vs Madison & Centreville, I'd have to say the Springers will be an underdog in an eventual meeting in Northern VA come late November.

Hats off to both teams for scheduling this game, which should be one of the best of the season. Yes, HS gave up scores on long plays, but I think most are taking that out of context. I can't find the game stats, but having watched the game, I'd bet HS was on offense for 65% or more of the game. If Chambers had more possessions, with their control in the trenches, it could have been a larger spread. I was more surprised that HS couldn't take advantage late in the game of Chambers wearing down. If the HS offense is clicking, this is a must see game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT