ADVERTISEMENT

Massanutten Military Academy

Aug 6, 2015
Apparently MMA just cancelled their game with Roanoke Catholic tomorrow...supposedly due to not being willing to play.

Interesting. They got pounded by Grace Christian last week, and they were not very good last year. I wondered if Grace had just improved that much or if MMA was that bad. Sounds like I have my answer. I hope the kids turn things around at MMA!

Yeah...if MMA is that bad or unwilling to play simply due to RCS being a decent team this year, then MMA needs to just do away with their football program for the time being. VISAA needs to fix this problem. AD's/coaches just nonchalantly canceling on other teams a day before the game is ridiculous.

Depending on their preference, if this situation is as you described, Roanoke Catholic should have the option to treat this as a forfeit win. They won't get any points for Massanutten's later wins this year, but it sounds like there won't be many of those anyway.

This is not good at all. The kids are looking forward to competing and getting better (Roanoke Catholic in this instance). Unfortunately the kids don't get a chance to play. What are the administrators teaching the kids a MMA!!??! Furthermore the VISAA needs to do something about these last minute cancellations. When thinking about it, I am not aware of any public school canceling at the last minute. Why is this allowed by the VISAA??? Maybe the more appropriate question is what repercussions will the VISAA put in place to prevent this from happening in the future. See article below.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_...cle_281ab0be-6fef-5e8f-bb4b-c82c8ec03b59.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT