Hanover at Lake Taylor

Last edited:
So are these the matchups....
Woodgrove at JF
Salem at Champe

Lafayette at Courtland
Hanover at Lake Taylor
Congratulations-You-Did-It-GIF-2015.gif

With an hour and half drive I hope smarter heads prevail and it is Saturday. But I don't know what the Lafayette coaches prefer, just me! But Friday the 27th is my birthday- i know what I want.

With an hour and half drive I hope smarter heads prevail and it is Saturday. But I don't know what the Lafayette coaches prefer, just me! But Friday the 27th is my birthday- i know what I want.
It doesn't matter if it's a 3 hour drive look at GW Danville they traveled 4+ hours tonight for a game

They are real troopers with a 4 hour drive. With my work an hour and a half is my typical drive. Just rather do it daytime than nighttime. My vision at night ain't what it used to be!

Reactions: OCBoy
They are real troopers with a 4 hour drive. With my work an hour and a half is my typical drive. Just rather do it daytime than nighttime. My vision at night ain't what it used to be!

Throw all the deer in the mix and nobody likes driving at night this time of the year...

I almost took a 10 pointer out last night on the way home from Sherando!

I'm pretty sure all games are on Saturday unless both teams decide to play on Friday. If a team has to travel far I doubt they would vote for Friday...Truth!

That's absolutely not true if that's the case we wouldn't of had the mess we had with Salem and Carroll County this year
Technically the visiting team does decide but the home team must agree, which theyj usually do if traveling such long distance at night presents a safety issue for the visiting team.

That's absolutely not true if that's the case we wouldn't of had the mess we had with Salem and Carroll County this year
You're right. The home team decides and I think the FLS is right about the time and date.

If I were Courtland, I would take advantage where I could and have the opposition make the 2 hour ride to get to the game. Some stiff legs and less focus in the opening quarter would be nice (if it happens). It may have helped John Champe against those GW athletes. there's no proof that the longer ride helps the home team but I'm willing to take a definite maybe here.

I remember a StoneBridge game played on thanksgiving day. And the FLS also says that North Stafford plays at Tuscarora on Friday at 2

Everyone is off that day on Friday so I am sure they will drive up plenty early to feel comfortable. If it was a school day you may be right. But I also thought the decision needed to be mutual in the playoffs and agreed upon on Monday.

Everyone is off that day on Friday so I am sure they will drive up plenty early to feel comfortable. If it was a school day you may be right. But I also thought the decision needed to be mutual in the playoffs and agreed upon on Monday.
The gates at Courtland didn't open up til about 615 last night. And I don't think anything is official until Monday when the ADs talk.

Mutual decisions can't be right, otherwise no dates and times would ever be set. Most ADs are cooperative because what goes around comes around but there has to be a rule in place on authority for the final decision. Just has to be and it is my understanding that the home team holds almost all the cards here.

That said, one of Courtland's goals each year is practice on Thanksgiving day. They have usually been fortuNate enough to achieve that and it has become rather a tradition. I had forgotten where we were in the playoff process. At this time of year and as a home game, it's always been played on a Saturday. Doesn't mean it will continue that way but that's what I would plan on.

Mutual decisions can't be right, otherwise no dates and times would ever be set. Most ADs are cooperative because what goes around comes around but there has to be a rule in place on authority for the final decision. Just has to be and it is my understanding that the home team holds almost all the cards here.

That said, one of Courtland's goals each year is practice on Thanksgiving day. They have usually been fortuNate enough to achieve that and it has become rather a tradition. I had forgotten where we were in the playoff process. At this time of year and as a home game, it's always been played on a Saturday. Doesn't mean it will continue that way but that's what I would plan on.
The date and time isn't set they have to play this week by the 28th. If the visiting team wants to play on Saturday that's when they play. I was told that by a High School Coach. That comes into play when you get to the final 4 they do that late in the year for the fans also and they also look at the weather because it would be warmer.

Reactions: VolNation85
The date and time isn't set they have to play this week by the 28th. If the visiting team wants to play on Saturday that's when they play. I was told that by a High School Coach. That comes into play when you get to the final 4 they do that late in the year for the fans also and they also look at the weather because it would be warmer.
That's just stupid because it's warmer? That doesn't even sound right. Cold weather is football weather.

In all my attendance when we were in old Region 1 the games after thanksgiving were always on Saturday.

Lol it probably is Friday but I'm just saying it isn't official lighten up the free lance star is last paper I would believe as much as they have misprinted

Lol it probably is Friday but I'm just saying it isn't official lighten up the free lance star is last paper I would believe as much as they have misprinted

You seem to not have much faith in the Free Lance star, fair enough. What about the Star-Exponent, do they miss things? Do all papers? The point is, I have heard from multiple people not related to the FLS that the game has been scheduled for Friday 11/27. If you don't want that info, feel free to block me or anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

Looking forward to the Courtland vs Lafayette game, feel it could be a really close game. First indication and feeling is Cougars by less than a TD

You seem to not have much faith in the Free Lance star, fair enough. What about the Star-Exponent, do they miss things? Do all papers? The point is, I have heard from multiple people not related to the FLS that the game has been scheduled for Friday 11/27. If you don't want that info, feel free to block me or anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

Looking forward to the Courtland vs Lafayette game, feel it could be a really close game. First indication and feeling is Cougars by less than a TD
I'm not discrediting what your saying and star exponent is a disgrace of a paper. And should be a great game I might make the trip again depends on other games when I look tomorrow.

I am not sure but with WM playoff game on Saturday afternoon and hc and asst coach WM graduates Friday it may very well be.

Reactions: OCBoy

Not true. Your high school coach is misinformed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT