ADVERTISEMENT

Matoaca 32 Dinwiddie 22

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Sorry this so late posters. Had to digest what I saw and it didn't taste well. Matoaca dominated Dinwiddie on both sides of the ball from the second quarter on. When I left the game I was angry, frustrated and second guessing. I sat down and read an article about Va Tech's loss and I realized how eerily similar this game was. We did not block well, did not tackle and could not run the ball after the first quarter. When I fully examined the article and assessed the game I realized it was not coaching. The defense was in position to make plays, but did not. The play calls on offense were correct, but we did not block. Simply stated, we did not execute and lost to a good team. The key to Matoaca's sucess was their pass rush and ability to cover our receivers man to man. Very few people are able to do that. Congrats to Matoaca they deseved the victory. Dinwiddie needs to work hard this week and learn from their mistakes. I know we have good talent and are capable of playing much better. Dale on Saturday will be a tough chore.

Last edited:
What happens if Dinwiddie loses to Dale? Then what??
I reckon the coaches will have to go back to the drawing board. Not going to jump off a bridge if they lose again. It's just high school football. Just expected us to be a bit better at this point. There is still time to get the ship in order. With the exception of Meadowbrook the schedule gets a little easier after Saturday.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT