ADVERTISEMENT

Maury vs Warwick

Who wins?

• Maury

• Warwick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is Maury sputtering? If you made a list of teams holding the Commodores to 34 points and only losing by 20 was Nansemond River on that list before this past weekend? I would say that performance means the Commodores might be more vulnerable to losing to Warwick than the season's results say. The Raiders have the defense and enough offensive weapons to win a close game. They don't have years of playoff experience so they will need to leave everything on the field and treat this game like it is D5 championship. Is it odd that the King George Foxes and Maury beat the Dinwiddie Generals by the same 46-29 score? What is the creme filling of Hostess Twinkies and Suzie Q's really made up of? Will the Raiders battle with Phoebus have toughened them up enough? I love underdogs Raiders 17-16. Warwick will need to sack Maury's qb 6-8 times. Or more. But not less.

Maury will be very hard to beat this year. So deep in talent their second team are starters for any team in the area.

I love an underdog story so I would love to see Warwick pull it off. I just don't know if they have enough horses in the stable down the home stretch.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
Warwick is not beating Maury. Coaching and talent edge big time on Maury’s side. I hope I’m wrong because I would definitely love to see a PD team advance.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Warwick is not beating Maury. Coaching and talent edge big time on Maury’s side. I hope I’m wrong because I would definitely love to see a PD team advance.
If you can please explain the Nansemond River game. Either NR is multiples better than advertised or Maury is overrated. We can’t have both. Maury cannot be the best team in D5 and only beat NR by 20 while not scoring 40 points.

Reactions: VolNation85
If you can please explain the Nansemond River game. Either NR is multiples better than advertised or Maury is overrated. We can’t have both. Maury cannot be the best team in D5 and only beat NR by 20 while not scoring 40 points.
They had one off game and still won 34-14 and you’re questioning them? It’s the playoffs people are playing for their season and NR was a solid football team finishing at 9-3 in the hardest district in the 757. Have you even seen NR play this year? Or are you going off the name

They had one off game and still won 34-14 and you’re questioning them? It’s the playoffs people are playing for their season and NR was a solid football team finishing at 9-3 in the hardest district in the 757. Have you even seen NR play this year? Or are you going off the name
I was at the game and people expecting maury to put up 5 plus for here on out is crazy. Also will say the NR QB(who I say is better than the Warwick QB) did a great job of extending plays and drives so yes maury didn't get the opportunity to score as much but still was never in doubt.

I was asking your opinion about the game and NR. You didn’t give it.

I have maury winning this game 35-14. Mainly on my bases that this will most definitely be the most complete team Warwick will see and most definitely this is the best offense all season that can come at you multiple ways. And if your talking bout defense this defense will get after you with dogs everywhere and let's be honest if maury had played the teams Warwick and Phoebus played they're defensive numbers would have been the same. So idk know why people think this defense isn't elite

I have maury winning this game 35-14. Mainly on my bases that this will most definitely be the most complete team Warwick will see and most definitely this is the best offense all season that can come at you multiple ways. And if your talking bout defense this defense will get after you with dogs everywhere and let's be honest if maury had played the teams Warwick and Phoebus played they're defensive numbers would have been the same. So idk know why people think this defense isn't elite
Ya know. Nansemond River and King’s Fork are the same team. They are twins. There might not be two other teams more alike than these two. I don’t know why people are getting so testy about questioning the Maury/NR outcome. Warwick beat the other twin (KF) by 29 whereas Maury won by 20. That’s +9 in favor of Warwick. If Warwick is the underdog I think D5 is much more interesting with the Raiders advancing to the semifinals with an upset over the Commodores. If Maury had an off game as the previous writer stated they certainly will not survive an off game against Warwick.

What idiot doesn’t think Maury’s defense is elite? Lol having a 5 star DE and 4 star LB is enough evidence they’re wrong.

Ya know. Nansemond River and King’s Fork are the same team. They are twins. There might not be two other teams more alike than these two. I don’t know why people are getting so testy about questioning the Maury/NR outcome. Warwick beat the other twin (KF) by 29 whereas Maury won by 20. That’s +9 in favor of Warwick. If Warwick is the underdog I think D5 is much more interesting with the Raiders advancing to the semifinals with an upset over the Commodores. If Maury had an off game as the previous writer stated they certainly will not survive an off game against Warwick.
Warwick ran the score up at the end. That game was way closer than the final score. Also your way of breaking down match ups just don’t work like that in football.

What idiot doesn’t think Maury’s defense is elite? Lol having a 5 star DE and 4 star LB is enough evidence they’re wrong.
There's a lot of them out there like they keep talking bout how great the offense is and I'm like have yall really looked at the defense 5 star DE 4 star LB. But also add the whole d line has all region or state players on it. Lb core also has a kid who was all state as a freshman last year. Then the secondary one corner going to Duke the other a 3-4 starter. Safetys one is a 4 star and other going to W&M. So I'll believe it's going to be a rough night for that Warwick offense more than it will be for maury against theirs.

Warwick ran the score up at the end. That game was way closer than the final score. Also your way of breaking down match ups just don’t work like that in football.
I predicted Phoebus winning the 01 and 02 D5 titles after the first game of the 01 season by time traveling from 2001 to 2010 and back again in a matter of seconds. I was ridiculed after they lost in week 2 to Warwick of all teams. I also predicted the Phantoms would take over D5 for 10 years. I predicted that future Phoebus teams would be heavily influenced by the first championship team. Maybe you’ve heard of Coach Blunt? I was ridiculed for questioning why Salem was picked as an underdog against Lake Taylor by VaPreps in 2015 by using the same method that I am using to ask questions about the Maury/Warwick match up. I saved some of the messages from 2015 if you ever want to read them. The senior editor of VaPreps got mad at me in 2008 when I told him ranking Stone Bridge ahead of Phoebus made no sense the week before Phoebus blasted them 38-8. While no one is always wrong, no one is always right and neither am I. I also tried to get vapreps posters to stop acting like Colorado was a good football team at the beginning of this season. Of course today no one is hyping the Buffalo team anymore. I have other ways of analyzing games but primarily I just like disagreeing with the crowd and asking questions. If 15 people say Maury will win, I say they will lose. If I am wrong I am certain the Sun will rise.

I predicted Phoebus winning the 01 and 02 D5 titles after the first game of the 01 season by time traveling from 2001 to 2010 and back again in a matter of seconds. I was ridiculed after they lost in week 2 to Warwick of all teams. I also predicted the Phantoms would take over D5 for 10 years. I predicted that future Phoebus teams would be heavily influenced by the first championship team. Maybe you’ve heard of Coach Blunt? I was ridiculed for questioning why Salem was picked as an underdog against Lake Taylor by VaPreps in 2015 by using the same method that I am using to ask questions about the Maury/Warwick match up. I saved some of the messages from 2015 if you ever want to read them. The senior editor of VaPreps got mad at me in 2008 when I told him ranking Stone Bridge ahead of Phoebus made no sense the week before Phoebus blasted them 38-8. While no one is always wrong, no one is always right and neither am I. I also tried to get vapreps posters to stop acting like Colorado was a good football team at the beginning of this season. Of course today no one is hyping the Buffalo team anymore. I have other ways of analyzing games but primarily I just like disagreeing with the crowd and asking questions. If 15 people say Maury will win, I say they will lose. If I am wrong I am certain the Sun will rise.
You predicted Phoebus to win the state title in 2001? Riiiiiight lol only way I believe that is if you predicted them to win the state title every year like Cowboy fans predict a Super Bowl victory.

• Haha
Reactions: ThevinStealberg
You predicted Phoebus to win the state title in 2001? Riiiiiight lol only way I believe that is if you predicted them to win the state title every year like Cowboy fans predict a Super Bowl victory.
I root for Phoebus over the Cowboys. Jerry pisses me off. I didn’t write that expecting belief from you. My previous profile name was PhantomFan. The day after the first 01 season game I predicted the 01 and 02 championships. But that’s not my point. The history on Virginiapreps is that people get offended at anyone with an opinion that does not mirror their own even if you are supporting their team. So no matter what you post someone will claim you are wrong but will never comeback and admit when you are proven right. Look at the state of football at the University of Colorado. You gonna tell me you don’t remember me posting that the program was pathetic and that the TCU Horned Frog victory was meaningless? Well, where are all the people on this site all hyped up about the Buffs? While Virginiapreps does not archive past a certain date, ask BoKnows about the previous site manager. I was ridiculed so badly by that site manager in 2015 that I saved the messages because just like you, people lie and say things were never said. After I suggested other national level high school football experts had better info than him on Lake Taylor and that Salem would win the championship he compared my intelligence to that of a 4 year old talking football with race relations expert; Jon Gruden. I’m just your average everyday Black American army veteran. Don’t mind me. Do you believe that? I have the messages! After Salem won he claimed he had never been wrong before and never apologized. If we catch up a Darling I will show you the messages from 2015. The same thing happened in 2008 when Stone Bridge was ranked over Phoebus on Virginiapreps. But I digress. I don’t know what people get out of wanting others to be wrong and not celebrating when they are right. Maybe you can explain that. Earlier this season I posted that there was no hope that this team named the Dinwiddie Generals was coming close to a 2023 D4 championship but you probably don’t remember that. Have you ever heard of them? I am certain I was one of the first and only people on this site to be threatened for questioning why so many Virginia high schools and mascots had race related names and honor for slave owners and bigots. I don’t expect you to remember that.

That’s what we’ve been saying all year
I haven't been watching all year. I live in Ohio and my girlfriend's son plays down in Clearwater, FL so between OH and FL HS football, VA has been put on the backburner. I'm actually in Tampa as we speak watching her son in the regional finals (theyre down 17-14 at the half). If they win tonight, they'll be playing nationally ranked top 25 team in the state semis next week.

Congrats Warwick! This is what talking gets you. Thought they would’ve learned from Dinwiddie.

Maury going to run it up even more.

• Haha
Reactions: Agibbs757
404325710_10225809542127742_4140982903767118218_n.jpg

I'm not the one to talk jive like that but Warwick got a reality check tonight and them fans and coaches learn a very good lesson also. This game could have actually been worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT