ADVERTISEMENT

Mecklenburg loses FB Coach

I would think with practice starting in just over 2 weeks, that they'd have to. I have issues with the timing. I know Coach Hutcheson is doing what he needs to for what he wants in a career, but the timing is very bad. I'm assuming that there was a plan in place in case he got the admin position and that they will just promote from within, even if it is interim for the year and they open it after the season.

The AD there is a former head coach at Raleigh Broughton I wander if he takes it for a year

I don't think Fain made it through the 1st semester. I believe he is the AD at Dan River now.

I don't see an AD being able to serve as a head coach for football at the class 4 level. There are too many sports that they need to be overseen and too many places to be at once and not focused on football and practices.

I have not been a betting man in many, many years, but my gut tells me that they go with Coach Jackson, which would tie into another thread that was once discussed on these pages about Mecklenburg Co HS.

Interesting. I believe there is a coach on the Halifax staff that previously served as the HC at Bluestone HS, which merged with Park View to create Mecklenburg HS.

I see that there first game of the season is against Hopewell, what does there team look like this year. This is the first year for this school if I'm not mistaken.

Mecklenburg has hired LeVar Medley. Makes some sense, he was the Halifax County middle school head coach and the Mecklenburg HS principal was previously the MS principal in Halifax. I don't know much else about his resume, just that he served as the middle school football and baseball coach in Halifax in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT