ADVERTISEMENT

MG v Louisa

F-nccJ9W8AAuIzO

Touchdown @GodwinFootball on short scoop and score on first play of the second half.#Eagles lead at @LouisaFootball 17-7 3Q.

2:09 4th QTR | Jayden Seaberry with a 1 yard run touchdown to give Louisa the lead Louisa 24, Mills Godwin 17

I was there tonight (a much, shorter drive than Dinwiddie last night). Mills Godwin looked poised and composed; actually much more than Louisa County which was a bit strange since Louisa County has a lot of playoff experience.

The Eagles didn't panic when the Lions were making their fourth quarter run. Louisa County was down 17:7 and ended up taking a 24:17 lead with 2:09 to go. Mills Godwin was able to hit a long pass and then punched it in with 28 seconds to go. The offside call was huge on the extra point. Mills Godwin moved the ball half the distance and called timeout to run their play and did it successfully to take a 25:24 lead.

Louisa County showed panic on the first play from scrimmage after the kickoff. It was like they had been punched in the face and were on Dream Street. A quick backwards pass that Mills Godwin read perfectly. The Eagles collapsed on the back attempting to pass and crushed him. Ball went into the end zone for a touchdown recovery to make it 32:24.

Mills Godwin acted like they've been there before. Louisa County did not. I honestly don't think they were ready to go up against a bigger and stronger team than just about any that they've seen this season. It was a war in the trenches, and I know the guys up front on both sides of the ball on both teams will be feeling it tomorrow.

Louisa County was bent on running the football. And when they absolutely needed to pass the ball, that was met with mixed results. I love that Mills Godwin quarterback. He was poised and was very patient in the pocket. He was also very well versed in progressing through his reads before throwing or taking off.

I will say this until I'm blue in the face. Louisa County needs to leave the Jefferson District ASAP. As in no looking back as quick as possible. Do Not Pass Go. Collect $200. Move on. Mills Godwin is not your Goochland or Charlottesville or Fluvanna County. Not sure if Louisa County can abandon the Jefferson District mid-four year cycle, but they should get into the Commonwealth. There's no room at the Inn in the Dominion as that's a 10 team district. The Colonial would be tough to get into as they currently have eight football playing schools. They could try to get into the Capital, but I don't know if they want to play Highland Springs each year along with six Class 4 schools and a Class 3 school. I guess it would be an upgrade from the Jefferson though. But the play I think is that they have to try to get into the Commonwealth. If they do, that would put that district at eight schools in 2025. Nine in 2026. Louisa County would then need to pick up three non-district games for one year and two for their second year if they are able to get into. Something to think about if you're in a decision making position in Mineral.

If they don't consider making a move, then early exits will continue to happen during their stint in Class 5.

Last edited:
I was there tonight (a much, shorter drive than Dinwiddie last night). Mills Godwin looked poised and composed; actually much more than Louisa County which was a bit strange since Louisa Count has a lot of playoff experience.

The Eagles didn't panic when the Lions were making their fourth quarter run. Louisa County was down 17:7 and ended up taking a 24:17 lead with 2:09 to go. Mills Godwin was able to hit a long pass and then punched it in with 28 seconds to go. The offside call was huge on the extra point. Mills Godwin moved the ball half the distance and called timeout to run their play and did it successfully to take a 25:24 lead.

Louisa County showed panic on the first play from scrimmage after the kickoff. It was like they had been punched in the face and were on Dream Street. A quick backwards pass that Mills Godwin ran perfectly. The Eagles collapsed on the back attempting to pass and crushed him. Ball went into the end zone for a touchdown recovery to make it 32:24.

Mills Godwin acted like they've been there before. Louisa County did not. I honestly don't think they were ready to go up against a bigger and stronger team than just about any that they've seen this season. It was a war in the trenches, and I know the guys up front on both sides of the ball on both teams will be feeling it tomorrow.

Louisa County was bent on running the football. And when they absolutely needed to pass the ball, that was met with mixed results. I love that Mills Godwin quarterback. He was poised and was very patient in the pocket. He was also very well versed in progressing through his reads before throwing or taking off.

I will say this until I'm blue in the face. Louisa County needs to leave the Jefferson District ASAP. As in no looking back as quick as possible. Do Not Pass Go. Collect $200. Move on. Mills Godwin is not your Goochland or Charlottesville or Fluvanna County. Not sure if Louisa County can abandon the Jefferson District mid-four year cycle, but they should get into the Commonwealth. There's no room at the Inn in the Dominion as that's a 10 team district. The Colonial would be tough to get into as they currently have eight football playing schools. They could try to get into the Capital, but I don't know if they want to play Highland Springs each year along with six Class 4 schools and a Class 3 school. I guess it would be an upgrade from the Jefferson though. But the play I think is that they have to try to get into the Commonwealth. If they do, that would put that district at eight schools in 2025. Nine in 2026. Louisa County would then need to pick up three non-district games for one year and two for their second year if they are able to get into. Something to think about if you're in a decision making position in Mineral.

If they don't consider making a move, then early exits will continue to happen during their stint in Class 5.
There may be a new 6 team district with 6A5A teams. Riverbend, Massaponax, Eastern View, Louisa, Orange, Albemarle.

There may be a new 6 team district with 6A5A teams. Riverbend, Massaponax, Eastern View, Louisa, Orange, Albemarle.
I would be fine with this. I would not include Eastern View and try to get Patrick Henry - Roanoke, William Fleming, and Franklin County on board. I know that stretches things out, but you could balance out travel where it wouldn't be so bad. I don't think Riverbend and Massaponax would join if a Class 4 team were in there.

You could easily move this district to Region D as well to help balance out the regions a little bit more in Class 5.

I would be fine with this. I would not include Eastern View and try to get Patrick Henry - Roanoke, William Fleming, and Franklin County on board. I know that stretches things out, but you could balance out travel where it wouldn't be so bad. I don't think Riverbend and Massaponax would join if a Class 4 team were in there.

You could easily move this district to Region D as well to help balance out the regions a little bit more in Class 5.
Eastern View will be 5A probably next cycle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT