ADVERTISEMENT

Millbrook was #6 seed in 4A West....

and they quite possibly would finish no better than #6 in the River Ridge District. Salem played well but, looks to me like Millbrook's seeding was significantly aided by a very weak schedule.

I'm glad you said it. That's exactly what I was thinking near the end of the game - that Carroll County is the only River Ridge team I'd say Millbrook could beat for certain.

I've been saying it for a few years, but I think the VHSL's rating scale system needs a radical overhaul. I don't know what changes I'd make; that can wait until the off-season!

Reactions: salemfan32
I'm glad you said it. That's exactly what I was thinking near the end of the game - that Carroll County is the only River Ridge team I'd say Millbrook could beat for certain.

I've been saying it for a few years, but I think the VHSL's rating scale system needs a radical overhaul. I don't know what changes I'd make; that can wait until the off-season!
I gave them a W against CC and question marks against Cave and Cburg. Their RB will be good but, as a sophomore he was out of his league against seniors. In their defense, not to the outcome but quality of play, it is extremely difficult to take 3+ HR bus rides and play same day.

Agreed re the bus rides. Going back to four regions next year should eliminate a lot of those, until the state semis, when one might expect trips of that length.

I said after the regular season. Once they played a stout defense they would get smoked and it happened. That is what happens when you only have 2 tough games all year. The pioneers were a couple plays from being 0-3 against quality competition. Until they focus on defense and play a little more demanding schedule they will be a round 2 or 3 exit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT