ADVERTISEMENT

Monacan 8-1??

Honestly think they are both peaking, it will come down to matchups and KG has done well against the run. We'll see, obviously hoping for a KG victory. If they lose, pretty sure they will be on the outside looking in. I think Chancellor would take the 8th spot if we both lose. That Spotsy win over Chancellor was impressive. They have been so up and down I have no idea what to expect on Friday. If KG can eliminate the penalties and self-destructive stuff I think it will be a good game. Their weakness has been the big pass play and I don't think that will be something they need to worry about on Friday.
I’m excited for Friday now. From your posts and predictions it sounds like KG will be an even bigger test than Eastern View was.

I’m excited for Friday now. From your posts and predictions it sounds like KG will be an even bigger test than Eastern View was.
Yeah, but to be clear I'm not saying we're better than EV, I just think we match up pretty good against Spotsy. We have stopped the run pretty well all year and our weakness has been the tall receiver on the outside (Stafford, Liberty, EV). With Spotsy running on almost every down I think it will be a low scoring affair. I'm not sure about Spotsy's pass defense, but I will say that our QB can pass it better than EV's. KGs receivers are not the caliber of EV's though. I look forward to Friday night, but not the temperature!

41-12, KG totally dominated the game. Both Spotsy TDs were on special teams, one on a real bad quick kick by the QB and one against backups late in the 4th qtr on a KO return. I would be surprised if Spotsy had 100 yds of offense.

41-12, KG totally dominated the game. Both Spotsy TDs were on special teams, one on a real bad quick kick by the QB and one against backups late in the 4th qtr on a KO return. I would be surprised if Spotsy had 100 yds of offense.
No lying about that. Spotsy had about a 20 play drive on drive one before stalling out. Lost their QB on the second drive and it all went downhill from there. Congrats to KG on getting in the dance!

Reactions: FoxesPride
Welp Monacan reverted back to self destruction tonight. Multiple first throw of the drive interceptions. Came out and looked ok early. Moving ball pretty easy but that all changed after monacan squibs a punt and CH runs it back for a TD to make it 7-6 CH. Monacan drives and missed field goal as half expires. We struggle to score if it is not a big play. When the field shrinks our offense is limited. CH comes out and takes us to the woodshed a bit. Things just went wrong for us and we kept blowing the snaps on the shotgun was throwing off timing. QB made some arrant throws that were just desperation heaves that were thrown up for grabs. Our QB shows flashes of brilliance but is inaccurate at times and seems to fall in and out of rhythm. I think he is better when he ad-libs. Clover Hill was what I was afraid of. A bigger stronger team than us. They have two QB's that can both throw and one that transferred from a TX HS last year that is hard to bring down. Clover Hill is a team that in my view underperformed at times during the regular season but tonight had it working smoothly. Their receivers made a few clutch catches in tight traffic as well. In my estimation, Monacan is a team that has over-performed a bit at times and also underperformed. Monacan has beaten some decent teams but ultimately didn't beat either of the two teams on their schedule that I would say is truly a "good team" with any confidence. (CH and Manchester) . I don't know how good the other teams are in the region but depending on which Chiefs team shows up we could be a first round exit or maybe make a valiant effort at a regional title. Our team is super young this year and we have had sooo many injuries. So in a way, we are playing with house money anyway. We will see what happens. On a positive note, we found out through the coarse of this season that some of our young pups are decent ball players. Sorry for the rant but I am cleaning my conscious right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT