ADVERTISEMENT

Monacan 8-1??

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
Only loss is to 8-1 Manchester. Why hasn’t anyone been talking about these guys?

Wondering the same thing...Someone posted earlier about them making a statement by beating Powhatan 55-28, been crickets ever since. Are they a legitimate threat to Louisa?

I would say a lot of teams are a threat to Louisa now given the recent injury.
Not to be disrespectful to the young man, but not really. Jarrett Hunter has been playing QB for the past 3 years. Why he wasn’t the starter last year I have no clue..Their QB last year was terrible and they still made the regional championship. Louisa is probably better now with Hunter at QB.

Wondering the same thing...Someone posted earlier about them making a statement by beating Powhatan 55-28, been crickets ever since. Are they a legitimate threat to Louisa?
That was me. I'm pretty sure injuries caught up to Powhatan yet again, but Monacan is a legit threat. They have taken care of business and their QB from Liberty (Bedford) is very good.

We lost in the second round last year, not the championship, but I do feel we can be better and even more wide open with Jarett at QB. We'll see what happens as long as he stays healthy. We still have more than plenty of pieces to work with. I'd love to see more of Jarett and Robbie Morgan running read option together in different pistol looks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bcope83
That was me. I'm pretty sure injuries caught up to Powhatan yet again, but Monacan is a legit threat. They have taken care of business and their QB from Liberty (Bedford) is very good.

We lost in the second round last year, not the championship, but I do feel we can be better and even more wide open with Jarett at QB. We'll see what happens as long as he stays healthy. We still have more than plenty of pieces to work with.
So do you think 4B comes down to Louisa and Monacan, with maybe Spotsy and EV having an outside shot? Have you seen Dinwiddie or Patrick Henry? Patrick Henry has played a tough schedule and may play spoiler. No one on here talking about them...

@FoxesPride I watched the Dinwiddie/Hopewell game on YouTube (just search the names to watch), and Dinwiddie has gotten a couple guys back from early injuries and has improved. I posted weeks ago that PH is the kind of team that can spring an upset. I still think Louisa is the clear cut favorite, but the other teams aren't separated from each other much at all. We might see an upset or two. I'd love for Spotsy to spring one as long as it isn't against us.

Reactions: mbonape1
When the ratings come out next week if monacan beat clover hill they will get the overall number#1 seed , in region b, and if Louisa beat albermarle next week they’ll still be the #2 seed in region b, smh monacan schedule was more difficult then Louisa and even thou monacan has one loss it’s put them number #1, they’ll have home field advantage, i saw this post on Twitter last night, I got Louisa vs monacan in finals

I don't agree with jarrett at qb. the kid this yr Is diff from last yr isn't he. even so Wilson has a better deep ball and besides when you put the ball in jarretts hands the other team knows he has it where as the other way its you never know. besides that shot put pass he did on the attempted screen was god awful. louisa will make it happen however they go. and lindner is out as of now so we will see what the other kid has.

I don't agree with jarrett at qb. the kid this yr Is diff from last yr isn't he. even so Wilson has a better deep ball and besides when you put the ball in jarretts hands the other team knows he has it where as the other way its you never know. besides that shot put pass he did on the attempted screen was god awful. louisa will make it happen however they go. and lindner is out as of now so we will see what the other kid has.

louisa is the favorite. Monacan got hit by the injury bug and has 6-7 starters out for the season with no chance of coming back. We keep winning each week though. We will see how it all shakes out.

There are some pretty good football teams in region B. Huguenot and PHA are capable of a big upset and you bet your last dollar Dinwiddie will send you fishing also if your not careful. Not a lot seperating these teams this year. Hell we know now Spotsy can send ya packing also. Whoever is seeded 4-8 will all be very dangerous in my book

@racindan4u why disregard the other beautiful passes Jarett threw? I think he only had 1 incompletion. And no one will still know who has the ball if it's a 3 man backfield of Jarett, Morgan and Shelton/Washington/Williams. We still have at least 8 starters who will run the ball any given play:

Jarett Hunter
Buck Hunter
Robinson
Morgan
Shelton
Williams
Washington
Cuozo

Plenty to work with. Jarett's a senior leader and will be able to extend pass plays with his feet, and Landon didn't play defense, and we'll go as far as our defense takes us. That's most important.

Last edited:
@racindan4u why disregard the other beautiful passes Jarett threw? I think he only had 1 incompletion. And no one will still know who has the ball if it's a 3 man backfield of Jarett, Morgan and Shelton/Washington/Williams. We still have at least 8 starters who will run the ball any given play:

Jarett Hunter
Buck Hunter
Robinson
Morgan
Shelton
Williams
Washington
Cuozo

Plenty to work with. Jarett's a senior leader and will be able to extend pass plays with his feet, and Landon didn't play defense, and we'll go as far as our defense takes us. That's most important.
why do you always have to make it look like I am putting someone down. I didn't say he couldn't do it I said I think it works better the other way and on a more consistant basis. pls don't quote me anymore if your going to twist what im saying. here for your benefit im wrong and Jarett is the best qb around.

louisa is the favorite. Monacan got hit by the injury bug and has 6-7 starters out for the season with no chance of coming back. We keep winning each week though. We will see how it all shakes out.

There are some pretty good football teams in region B. Huguenot and PHA are capable of a big upset and you bet your last dollar Dinwiddie will send you fishing also if your not careful. Not a lot seperating these teams this year. Hell we know now Spotsy can send ya packing also. Whoever is seeded 4-8 will all be very dangerous in my book
not sure why you quoted me on this but ill say this I think this whole thing is up for grabs as these teams are all capable im my book as unlike the unrealistic fans I see the teams for what they have done this year and they are in the running and if Monacan is number 1 seed they earned if and will be hard to deal with.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
....That's literally putting someone down. I didn't do it, you did.
it was one example no more no less hes a great athlete and can do it all but IMO hes better with some one else qb and when you talk about him being better than the other qb you putting that kid down so have your opinion I will have mine. are you sure your not wahoo or hoos that just wanted to argue all the time.

it was one example no more no less hes a great athlete and can do it all but IMO hes better with some one else qb and when you talk about him being better than the other qb you putting that kid down so have your opinion I will have mine. are you sure your not wahoo or hoos that just wanted to argue all the time.
Yes you cherry picked one example, called it "god awful" as if Jarett didn't also make a bunch of better pass plays over these last two games (including a TD), and as if Landon hasn't thrown a bunch of bad passes. Both QBs are great, but the facts are Jarett is more mobile and experienced, and I never said anything anyone did was "god awful". I'm blown about Landon as much as anyone, but Jarett has repeatedly shown he can also handle the duties, as early as the 2017 Chancellor game when he was QB the whole game as a sophomore.

Last edited:
I am, I thought I made it obvious enough. And yes you made one example, called it "god awful" as if Jarett didn't also make a bunch of better pass plays over these last two games (including a TD), and as if Landon hasn't thrown a bunch of bad passes. Both QBs are great, but the facts are Jarett is more mobile and experienced, and I never said anything anyone did was "god awful". I'm blown about Landon as much as anyone, but Jarett has repeatedly shown he can also handle the duties, as early as the 2017 Chancellor game where he was QB the whole game as a sophomore.
that's because it was awful im not going to sugar coat like you do everything if its bad in going to say its bad, and if noticed I didn't say they were all bad just that one. its better you and I don't interact anymore so pls don't.

Thanks, and I hope that means you won't start more new threads mentioning me. Call it sugar coating all you want, but if you want to put down the coaches and players when you barely even come to the games (and even said you weren't sure if you heard correctly on the radio about penalties after starting a thread bashing them), that's your prerogative. At least I waited until something dramatic enough happened before I said anything.

Last edited:
Thanks, and I hope that means you won't start more new threads mentioning me. Call it sugar coating all you want, but if you want to put down the coaches and players when you barely even come to the games (and even said you weren't sure if you heard correctly on the radio about penalties after starting a thread bashing them), that's your prerogative. At least I waited until something dramatic enough happened before I said anything.
lmao talk about misinformed...….when you travel 500 miles round trip 5 or more games a year then you can say I barely come to games pal. you DONT know what your talking about. oh lets be clear when you listen to dickie on facebook anybody would be confused at what they heard and you didn't you criticize the coach for playing the qb to long.

not sure why you quoted me on this but ill say this I think this whole thing is up for grabs as these teams are all capable im my book as unlike the unrealistic fans I see the teams for what they have done this year and they are in the running and if Monacan is number 1 seed they earned if and will be hard to deal with.

Sorry was just replying to the thread in general. I think we share the same opinion.

I already knew you have to travel far, you've said it multiple times. That's why there wasn't a need to start entire new threads bashing.

I did my complaining in the stands along with half the other fans, I didn't feel the need to do it on here.

racindan4u@ you being very judgmental on the kid aren't you? This kid switches positions like we change socks at a snap of a finger. so he has to go to Qb now and all of a sudden per your observation all the wheels are coming off from a bad screen pass. 5 for 7 80 yds passing. if you want to see him throw a deep ball look a chancellor film when he had to fill in for Bell. The kids read these post also. Try giving more encouragement to these kids all of them

Reactions: LionNation540
Here are those Chancellor highlights from 2 years ago that drew a lot of praise from other folks on here:

@FoxesPride I watched the Dinwiddie/Hopewell game on YouTube (just search the names to watch), and Dinwiddie has gotten a couple guys back from early injuries and has improved. I posted weeks ago that PH is the kind of team that can spring an upset. I still think Louisa is the clear cut favorite, but the other teams aren't separated from each other much at all. We might see an upset or two. I'd love for Spotsy to spring one as long as it isn't against us.
Just finished watching Dinwiddie/Hopewell. Dinwiddie will definitely be dangerous...they are down at some positions compared to typical Dinwiddie teams, but God, do they have some athletes. The QB is more of a runner and scary fast. OBTW, was the QB for Hopewell their middle school QB, man he looked like a boy amongst men, NO OFFENSE to the young man, played his tail off, just looks real young. #4 for Hopewell was the difference in that game.

Here's that Chancellor game from 2 years ago that drew a lot of praise from other folks on here:

I can tell you this. KG had Louisa the following week and after we all watched film, we were hoping that Bell would be back under center for us. We wanted nothing to do with this kid after the Chancellor game. We got what we wanted...and still got crushed

Reactions: LionNation540
Just finished watching Dinwiddie/Hopewell. Dinwiddie will definitely be dangerous...they are down at some positions compared to typical Dinwiddie teams, but God, do they have some athletes. The QB is more of a runner and scary fast. OBTW, was the QB for Hopewell their middle school QB, man he looked like a boy amongst men, NO OFFENSE to the young man, played his tail off, just looks real young. #4 for Hopewell was the difference in that game.
Yeah #4 TreVeyon Henderson has all kinds of P5 interest, he's incredible.

I can tell you this. KG had Louisa the following week and after we all watched film, we were hoping that Bell would be back under center for us. We wanted nothing to do with this kid after the Chancellor game. We got what we wanted...and still got crushed
You’re a coach? Thought you were a teacher you said?

Very thoughtful post @iDidntGetBanned and well deserved by Monacan. The Chiefs are not putting up the huge numbers we are accustomed too, but are getting the job done. @mbonape1, is a little hard on his boys, but I appreciate his desire for consistency. Coach Henderson always puts his young men in position to make a run. I think the Chiefs can play with most and offensively will give teams who have weak secondary's fits. Defensively, I am concerned about their ability to stop the ground and pound game. If Monacan can force teams to pass they could play for a Region B title.

We all know Louisa is the cats meow in Region B; however, everybody can have a bad game. It's going to take top notch game planning, execution, and a bit of luck, but who knows the Lions may slip up in the playoffs. Gonna be interesting to see who matches up with who after this Friday nights games.

For those who are interested in Dinwiddie here is a little snippet from a Coach Mills Twitter post outlining his feelings on the Generals. This is not a typical quote for coach, but the perceived disrespect of a very consistent program is serving as extra fuel for his fire.

"We start 7 sophomores and 7 juniors, we have 3 starting OL sidelined with injury as well 2 soph and one freshman, our middle school just finished 8-0 and won their div, our junior team won their div as well today, our 9th graders went to the semis LY, opp enjoy your day in sun.

Have a blessed day. Back to hibernation!

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Very thoughtful post @iDidntGetBanned and well deserved by Monacan. The Chiefs are not putting up the huge numbers we are accustomed too, but are getting the job done. @mbonape1, is a little hard on his boys, but I appreciate his desire for consistency. Coach Henderson always puts his young men in position to make a run. I think the Chiefs can play with most and offensively will give teams who have weak secondary's fits. Defensively, I am concerned about their ability to stop the ground and pound game. If Monacan can force teams to pass they could play for a Region B title.

We all know Louisa is the cats meow in Region B; however, everybody can have a bad game. It's going to take top notch game planning, execution, and a bit of luck, but who knows the Lions may slip up in the playoffs. Gonna be interesting to see who matches up with who after this Friday nights games.

For those who are interested in Dinwiddie here is a little snippet from a Coach Mills Twitter post outlining his feelings on the Generals. This is not a typical quote for coach, but the perceived disrespect of a very consistent program is serving as extra fuel for his fire.

"We start 7 sophomores and 7 juniors, we have 3 starting OL sidelined with injury as well 2 soph and one freshman, our middle school just finished 8-0 and won their div, our junior team won their div as well today, our 9th graders went to the semis LY, opp enjoy your day in sun.

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
After watching the Hopewell/Dinwiddie game everyone in 4B better not overlook the Generals. Given their reputation and the strength of schedule I doubt anyone will. I wouldn't be shocked, surprised, but not shocked if they emerged as the 4B rep in the semis.

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

After watching the Hopewell/Dinwiddie game everyone in 4B better not overlook the Generals. Given their reputation and the strength of schedule I doubt anyone will. I wouldn't be shocked, surprised, but not shocked if they emerged as the 4B rep in the semis.
I saw the Generals week 1 up close and personal. Those guys are a lot better than their record suggests. Those pups that Navy speaks of beat up on the senior led GW team at times. Their youth showed as they almost let GW comeback and win (my guys played hard to fight back but Dinwiddie flexed their muscle on them for 2 and 3/4 quarters) but that was 9 games ago and those youngins are seasoned. I don’t know where the Generals stack up in 4B but I definitely don’t count them out. If I had to rank Region B I’d go as follow:
1. Louisa
2. Monacan
3. Dinwiddie
4. Huguenot
*Gap*
5. Eastern View
6. PH Ashland
7. Powhatan
8. Spotsylvania

I saw the Generals week 1 up close and personal. Those guys are a lot better than their record suggests. Those pups that Navy speaks of beat up on the senior led GW team at times. Their youth showed as they almost let GW comeback and win (my guys played hard to fight back but Dinwiddie flexed their muscle on them for 2 and 3/4 quarters) but that was 9 games ago and those youngins are seasoned. I don’t know where the Generals stack up in 4B but I definitely don’t count them out. If I had to rank Region B I’d go as follow:
1. Louisa
2. Monacan
3. Dinwiddie
4. Huguenot
*Gap*
5. Eastern View
6. PH Ashland
7. Powhatan
8. Spotsylvania

Ok I'll give it a try after 10 weeks...
1. Louisa
2. Monacan
3. EV
4. Dinwiddie
(I disagree on the size of the gap - I think it is much smaller than you do)
5. PH Ashland
6. Huguenot
7. Spotsylvania
8. Chancellor / King George

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
PH Ashland may surprise some people.
Ok I'll give it a try after 10 weeks...
1. Louisa
2. Monacan
3. EV
4. Dinwiddie
(I disagree on the size of the gap - I think it is much smaller than you do)
5. PH Ashland
6. Huguenot
7. Spotsylvania
8. Chancellor / King George
Not completely sold on Huguenot, but I think PH Ashland may surprise some people. Tough schedule with "respectable" outcomes. Close losses to Deep Run and Henrico who are real good teams. Varina is in another league and blew them out. I think Huguenot, Spotsylvania, Chancellor, and KG are all real close. I also think that EV loses to Dinwiddie if they were to play right now. Losing two players, 1 and 33, who played both ways has had an impact on EV...it's like losing 4 starters. It's a lot easier to stop #2 and #15 if you aren't also worrying about the other two. They've gotten a bit easier to defend. Haven't watched the Spotsy film yet so I will see what they did, but I would guess they didn't leave #15 in single coverage.

PH Ashland may surprise some people.

Not completely sold on Huguenot, but I think PH Ashland may surprise some people. Tough schedule with "respectable" outcomes. Close losses to Deep Run and Henrico who are real good teams. Varina is in another league and blew them out. I think Huguenot, Spotsylvania, Chancellor, and KG are all real close. I also think that EV loses to Dinwiddie if they were to play right now. Losing two players, 1 and 33, who played both ways has had an impact on EV...it's like losing 4 starters. It's a lot easier to stop #2 and #15 if you aren't also worrying about the other two. They've gotten a bit easier to defend. Haven't watched the Spotsy film yet so I will see what they did, but I would guess they didn't leave #15 in single coverage.
Spotsylvania handled full strength Chancellor pretty handily. Not sure what KG has done that has done to get them this level of respect but I will find out Friday. Sounds like from your posts they should win over a tough Spotsy team peaking at the right time.

Spotsylvania handled full strength Chancellor pretty handily. Not sure what KG has done that has done to get them this level of respect but I will find out Friday. Sounds like from your posts they should win over a tough Spotsy team peaking at the right time.
Honestly think they are both peaking, it will come down to matchups and KG has done well against the run. We'll see, obviously hoping for a KG victory. If they lose, pretty sure they will be on the outside looking in. I think Chancellor would take the 8th spot if we both lose. That Spotsy win over Chancellor was impressive. They have been so up and down I have no idea what to expect on Friday. If KG can eliminate the penalties and self-destructive stuff I think it will be a good game. Their weakness has been the big pass play and I don't think that will be something they need to worry about on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT