ADVERTISEMENT

Most Underrated/Overrated Teams in 1a

@20Bronco06, there is nothing that tells me that. It’s all opinion, and I will tell why I say that. Most teams don’t throw the light switch and go from 3 wins to hoisting the trophy. Can it happen? Absolutely but the odds are they take a gigantic leap from last year but fall short.

And to whoever was posting about Franklin having home field, you could very well be right but you gotta hope some of the teams they have beaten and will beat, win some games for those rider points. It’s still conceivable to our pointed but would take some odd things happening.

If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch ! lol

Yes, we are terribly afraid to post on here :/

Most of us stay on SWVA Sports because it's a lot more talk of local schools to our area (Region D)

Reactions: sixcat
@woodlayer#952002, I am not sleeping on the Broncos and they may very well hoist the trophy in Salem. I just don’t know if they can travel and win in a playoff game. All due respect, you know there is a different atmosphere during the playoffs. And you may be right that they could be hosting the whole way through which is always a benefit. No haterade out of this guy.
Im not saying you are a hater anybody can be beaten and you are correct about the playoff atmosphere it is a different animal

Last edited:
@20Bronco06, there is nothing that tells me that. It’s all opinion, and I will tell why I say that. Most teams don’t throw the light switch and go from 3 wins to hoisting the trophy. Can it happen? Absolutely but the odds are they take a gigantic leap from last year but fall short.

And to whoever was posting about Franklin having home field, you could very well be right but you gotta hope some of the teams they have beaten and will beat, win some games for those rider points. It’s still conceivable to our pointed but would take some odd things happening.

Oh ok . I understand what you are saying

Yes, we are terribly afraid to post on here :/

Most of us stay on SWVA Sports because it's a lot more talk of local schools to our area (Region D)

It sounds like it is a great board for SWVA, nothing wrong with that. But when people arent posting here because of it, shouldn't be surprised when that area isnt talked about

Reactions: obguthr
They'll learn about Chilhowie and others come playoff time.

Region 1D had a team play for a state title last year (and return every player) and 2D had a state semi finalist who is was one play away from defeating the state champ.

Again, why ask why the teams arent being talked about, and then not say much about them?

You have the same opportunity to talk about them as anyone else

Reactions: WP02alum
Again, why ask why the teams arent being talked about, and then not say much about them?

You have the same opportunity to talk about them as anyone else

If people are truly interested in which 1A teams should be in discussion for a title, isn't the onus on them to do research and find out about what Chilhowie can do?

I'm not from there, but it seems like everyone in this forum jus assumes no one from Region D could possibly win it all.

The thread was about underrated teams, I simply stated that some Region D teams are being overlook.

They'll learn about Chilhowie and others come playoff time.

Region 1D had a team play for a state title last year (and return every player) and 2D had a state semi finalist who is was one play away from defeating the state champ.
Riverheads lost 2 on defense and 3 on offense I don’t think that means a lot all about the mentality of team , yea they going to win some games but that don’t mean they going to win it all

Reactions: Triple Opt
If people are truly interested in which 1A teams should be in discussion for a title, isn't the onus on them to do research and find out about what Chilhowie can do?

I'm not from there, but it seems like everyone in this forum jus assumes no one from Region D could possibly win it all.

The thread was about underrated teams, I simply stated that some Region D teams are being overlook.
No one ever said that about Region D from my memory, we bounce information from each other to form opinions just opinions, very rare we get feedback from Region D posters, but trust me we know some great football is played out west, just no one from that area seems to speak on it. There have been many times especially myself that i criticized teams from my region, but at the end of the day we all have mutual respect for each other, so please chime in but dont get upset when your thoughts/opinion is challenged. ( Fight For Your Program)

Reactions: 20Bronco06
It might help if some of their fans got on here and talked about the teams from region D more. That would probably get others on here talking about them as well.

I don't think they have the internets yet.

MT FAN, this is why we don't frequent this site in favor of one that doesn't play to stereotypes for message board points and isn't condescending toward SWVA.

Man, not sure why some have some hostility towards Region D.

You D guys are welcome to post anywhere you like, I hope that it is on Va Preps because that is what our local high school sports fans read.

Many from the East have been supportive/respectful of Chilhowie the last two years. Most of us are not sure if anyone can beat Riverheads, so no disrespect intended to the West (at least from me).

I am from about as far East as you can get (besides going across the Bay!). I think that Riverheads would beat Franklin right good as well (Franklin is said to be tops in Region A as of now).

Reactions: WP02alum
Colonial Beach year in and year out proves you can compete with 200 kids vs 400 kids
But Colonial beach run out of gas at the end because they play so hard with less bodies you only can play 11 at a time but you still need substitutes people kill me trying to compare number of students in a school because the school with the most students will have more of a chance to have better quality players its just common sense there is more people to choose from

Reactions: mmqp
MT FAN, this is why we don't frequent this site in favor of one that doesn't play to stereotypes for message board points and isn't condescending toward SWVA.
Haha this is coming from someone, (you) that told a poster on the swva site, after he posted a question, that he was a troll. Then proceeded to tell the poster that he would be paid a visit from a site admin in a threatening way.
Wow hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Haha this is coming from someone, (you) that told a poster on the swva site, after he posted a question, that he was a troll. Then proceeded to tell the poster that he would be paid a visit from a site admin in a threatening way.
Wow hypocrisy is strong with this one.

What are you talking about? I'm active on both boards and don't remember that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT