ADVERTISEMENT

MV-7 vs Byrd-21

ridge98

VaPreps Varsity
Oct 19, 2014
Good game from Byrd they found ways to win, while MV just continued to find ways to lose. Mv defense kept basham in check most of the night, before basham 70 some yard run he only had 60 yrds rushing which put him over the 100 yrd mark. 1st quarter MV was running all over byrd D, scales had 64 yrds on just 8 carries, before he was carted off. Several trips to the redzone for MV just came out with no points, and byrd took advantage of those opportunities. 7-0 right before half, with byrd near the 50 and was tackled for a loss, but taunting penalty pushed the ball across then basham hit a open receiver, few plays later basham punched it in for 14-0 lead.. stupid penalties can change a game, not sure why players need to taunt just because they make a tackle, aint that what you suppose to do on defense.. after that score byrd defense hunkered down and finished the job.. good job for them, and great sportsmanship from Byrds fans and band when Scales was on the field before halftime..

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Good game from Byrd they found ways to win, while MV just continued to find ways to lose. Mv defense kept basham in check most of the night, before basham 70 some yard run he only had 60 yrds rushing which put him over the 100 yrd mark. 1st quarter MV was running all over byrd D, scales had 64 yrds on just 8 carries, before he was carted off. Several trips to the redzone for MV just came out with no points, and byrd took advantage of those opportunities. 7-0 right before half, with byrd near the 50 and was tackled for a loss, but taunting penalty pushed the ball across then basham hit a open receiver, few plays later basham punched it in for 14-0 lead.. stupid penalties can change a game, not sure why players need to taunt just because they make a tackle, aint that what you suppose to do on defense.. after that score byrd defense hunkered down and finished the job.. good job for them, and great sportsmanship from Byrds fans and band when Scales was on the field before halftime..
This is one of tHe shortest and best described summaries I have seen on the board. Right to the point. Told you everything you needed to know. The entire game in a single paragraph. Numbers and stats don't make the game. You made us understand the TEAMs. That's hard to do.

TY and I look forward to your next summary.

Reactions: ridge98
Man, they certainly aren't afraid to overuse Basham. They run him almost every running play and then in long yardage situations they either have him throw it (Ironically to the quarterback) or they just throw it up to him split out at receiver. Byrd actually does have a player that lines up as a receiver and runs routes but I'm not sure if a ball has went his way this year.

Reactions: mike salem
What is the MV/Martinsville looking like this Friday? Could this be the year the Dawgs beat MV? Heard Martinsville played well against Dan River Friday. I'm happy for Coach Martin and his guys.

Any other time i would say no way Mville beats MV, but MV offesnse is just not there yet.. although most scores dont show it, mv defense is way ahead of the offense. They play hard til they just wear out. MV has several key injuries right now, but i heard page and scales might be back this week. Im gonna pick MV just because defense and they should win on the lines, but i think it will be a close one.

Ridge I agree. Don't think the Dawgs will beat you guys but I think they give both MV and GW a game. I think they also make some noise in 2a playoffs. Could possibly have the type of season Morehead had last year. I knew Martin would have them right once he put his stamp on the program. They're not contenders yet but they're not the Dawgs of the past 6 years. What happened to Cam Perkins btw? I read in the Roanoke Times you guys had the backup in.

Ridge I agree. Don't think the Dawgs will beat you guys but I think they give both MV and GW a game. I think they also make some noise in 2a playoffs. Could possibly have the type of season Morehead had last year. I knew Martin would have them right once he put his stamp on the program. They're not contenders yet but they're not the Dawgs of the past 6 years. What happened to Cam Perkins btw? I read in the Roanoke Times you guys had the backup in.
Hes fine. It was just 21-0 with a few min left and they just put in the backup.. greenfield toss a td with about a min left.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT