ADVERTISEMENT

MV article:

Here is my take, from a distance.

I see a quiet confidence in the words Coach Favero choose. I believe last year, there didn't seem to be a uniform focus in the locker room early on. I guess you can assume the leadership was lacking during the first half of the season, which led to a few stumbles?

Coach made a point to say he was encouraged by his leadership so far. I believe that we won't see the early season struggles this year.

I don't know what kind of talent returns this season, but I tend to think there is enough experience returning that the losses to graduation will be minimized.

So, I think they will go 9-0, and since they are catching GW at MV, I'll go so far as to say that they revenge the loss from last year. 10-0 and top seed going into the playoffs.

Will there be more than Brookvile at the first scrimmage? Who will be involved with their second scrimmage?

Here is my take, from a distance.

I see a quiet confidence in the words Coach Favero choose. I believe last year, there didn't seem to be a uniform focus in the locker room early on. I guess you can assume the leadership was lacking during the first half of the season, which led to a few stumbles?

Coach made a point to say he was encouraged by his leadership so far. I believe that we won't see the early season struggles this year.

I don't know what kind of talent returns this season, but I tend to think there is enough experience returning that the losses to graduation will be minimized.

So, I think they will go 9-0, and since they are catching GW at MV, I'll go so far as to say that they revenge the loss from last year. 10-0 and top seed going into the playoffs.

Will there be more than Brookvile at the first scrimmage? Who will be involved with their second scrimmage?
That first scrimmage will include Salem and brookville.. they will have a benefit game at william fleming. From what i have been hearing they have a good group thats been waiting for their turn to shine. Alot of players from that 1st state championship was there last year, i think this year this group will be more focused at the beginning because its kinda their time to see what they can do. I think JF and byrd will be two good early tests back to back, especially for the defense.

Reactions: LowRider635
That first scrimmage will include Salem and brookville.. they will have a benefit game at william fleming. From what i have been hearing they have a good group thats been waiting for their turn to shine. Alot of players from that 1st state championship was there last year, i think this year this group will be more focused at the beginning because its kinda their time to see what they can do. I think JF and byrd will be two good early tests back to back, especially for the defense.
Scrimmages are nothing. Just evaluation of players. There is no win or lose here.

JF and Byrd is where it's at and even that doesn't mean the end. Progress to the playoffs is What's important. What you do when you get there is all that matters. My call is the 7 - 3 squad that doesn't play a wussie Schedule. That's a good team and one to be proud of.

Salem and Brookville will be a good test. All three teams come to play a scrimmage organized and with a plan. A very efficient way to evaluate. I'm not a fan of benefit games, but it does expose younger players to a game situation. I met the Fleming coach a couple of years ago, and came away impressed. Has he had much success building his program?

Last edited:
I see a 7-3 or another 8-2 season this year for MV with this schedule and I'd probably say the same about GW if they played this schedule. If I had to pick based off of what's coming back, I'd say GW, Dan River and probably JF or Byrd are losses. I say Dan River for a lot of reasons.. I'm sure MV's staff will be in Danville in a couple of weeks to scout that GW/DR match-up. GW will be a toss up but I don't see GW going into the playoffs with a loss. It'll be do or die for GW as far as seedings go. The guys said last year that MV is a playoff game itself..A lot like the Courtland/JM game. I say Byrd because Basham has bashed this defense the past 2 years and I don't see a young group of guys slowing him down this year. JF will again be a toss up, a revenge game for MV. If they win 2 of those 4 games then this team should be on everyone's radar. MV will have pieces but like GW won't have the big name playmakers us fans have been used to the past 3-4 seasons. I know GW returns their whole o-line and 2-4 backs and receivers. MV brings back Cam Perkins and Scales, who is probably the best player in the Piedmont District.

Reactions: LowRider635
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT