ADVERTISEMENT

CH vs LT

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
As little as a year ago we would be saying that sending the Colonials down to play Lake Taylor would be a sacrificial offering to the football Gods. Not so much this year. Yes, it would be a big surprise if CH won, but not an earth shattering surprise. It depends more on which LT team shows up. The Titans put up a pretty lame effort in serval games this year, but seem to have found their sea legs of late. CH has their best team in recent memory. But, are they good enough? I assume that LT still runs their vaunted Veer offense? If so, it’s is a challenge to contain.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
I am very proud of the Colonials. They will not roll over, but I don't know if they have the skill players to match the Titans. I think Coach Sawyer may have righted the ship, but LT has been so inconsistent. Neither team has beaten an above average team. They have one common opponent in Hopewell. LT lost to the Blue Devils 42-28 and Colonial Heights lost 28-0. I will take the Titans, because they are perennial playoff participants. Good luck to our Central District brother. Prove me wrong CH and get a win.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
LT has performed better of late, mainly on offense. Their defense is still giving up points, in the 20’s to some not so good teams. That is the key to CH chances of winning. I agree not a likely win but still very possible.

Beating LT would be the marque win for CH for this generation, that’s for sure.

Beating LT would be the marque win for CH for this generation, that’s for sure.
Would be the 1st playoff victory in the history of CH. The defense is good enough to limit LT and keep the offense in the game. Can our QB make the throws to keep drives going or make them pay for loading the box that is the question! I know LT loves that cover zero haha. He missed wide open targets against TJ all night Friday. That can't happen if you want to win a big game. LT will not allow CH to just line up and run the ball 40 times.

Would be the 1st playoff victory in the history of CH. The defense is good enough to limit LT and keep the offense in the game. Can our QB make the throws to keep drives going or make them pay for loading the box that is the question! I know LT loves that cover zero haha. He missed wide open targets against TJ all night Friday. That can't happen if you want to win a big game. LT will not allow CH to just line up and run the ball 40 times.
LT will load the box every play until you prove you can complete passes. And even as good as the CH running game has been this year, they are not going to be successful against a box full of Titans.

Like you said, the QB has got to hit his receivers, and if they are covered, DON’T try to force it. LT is full of athletes and will pick it off and be gone. Also, KO’s and punts need to be strategically placed to the extreme sideline or just straight out of bounds. LT will make you pay if you give the ball to their athletes in space.

And CH absolutely has to limit mistakes. Turnovers and/or penalties will sign their death warrant otherwise.

Can CH win. Yes they can. But they have to play their best game of the season.

And, you can bet that the Dinwiddie fans are rooting for the Colonials.

Well fellows there is hope. Lake Taylor has actually had difficulty stopping the run this year. The Colonial Heights running game is decent. It only takes a small gap to beat cover zero up the gut. I would agree the Colonials need to keep the Titans honest by completing a few passes, but more importantly they need to run tough and run often. No need to get too cute.

The CH defense has played the run well all season. They held Hopewell with a healthy Henderson to around 100 yards. However, playing against the veer with one week to prepare is very difficult. Hopefully, the Colonials defense will play with discipline and keep the LT run game in check. The Titans talented receivers could give the Colonials trouble. Putting pressure on the quarterback without losing containment on long down is critical.

Not the juggernaut LT team we all know, but Coach Hank Sawyer is a proven winner and has been in this position for many years. It's not an impossible task for the Colonials, but they will have to minimize their mistakes and play inspired ball.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
LT has been fighting the injury bug all season. From what I gather, they're finally starting to get some of their key athletes back in the lineup. A coach I know down here, several years ago told me that LTs defense put 13 men on the field.... just never got caught 😂😂😂 he was joking of course, it was more of a testament of how hard it was to play against their D that season.

I've seen hopewell play both Colonial Heights and Lake Taylor, lake Taylor was big up front and their qb was quick with a strong arm and they've a 6'7 receiver who can go up and get it. But they lack discipline . Colonial heights looked good also their qb is tall and athletic and they have good size. From my observation of both teams LT is the more athletic team, but if Colonial Heights plays discipline football they haven't shot at winning Colonials 28 LT 27. Let's go Colonials.

CH qb got hurt first play and they just couldn’t get any energy after he went down and the freshman came in

CH qb got hurt first play and they just couldn’t get any energy after he went down and the freshman came in
What did LT bring on offense, all run or some passing? I don’t have any game stats but they scored more than I anticipated. Thanks.

They ran the ball mostly but have a 6”7 WR and a 6”1 that’s are both good that kept the defense honest and there qbs a good runner.

Lafayette! Lake Taylor will load the box and send 8 or 9 at times so if the running back gets past the line he can take it to the house and the qb makes quick hitters. Lake Taylor qb is quick and the 6'7 receiver is very good. He's going to Syracuse.

Thanks, we will have our hands full. 0-2 lifetime with LT. We have no DB close to that size,

Any word on the type or severity of the injury that the young man from CH endured? My prayers that he will be fine.

CHUKNOW, was our arrangement with CH to not play each other a one year or two year deal? Congrats for the great season. I hope this year will serve to bring out more kids to the team and your program can continue to build on this season.

I haven't heard any update on our QB, I know he had ice on his knee and left on crutches. I hope its nothing to serious but I am sure I will hear something soon. He is one of our star basketball players as well. I hope your right about more kids there is some good athletes roaming those halls that don't come out for sports anymore!!! Also not sure if it's one or two year deal, I hope its 2 LOL!!!!!

I haven't heard any update on our QB, I know he had ice on his knee and left on crutches. I hope its nothing to serious but I am sure I will hear something soon. He is one of our star basketball players as well. I hope your right about more kids there is some good athletes roaming those halls that don't come out for sports anymore!!! Also not sure if it's one or two year deal, I hope its 2 LOL!!!!!
They think he has a partially tear in his MCL is what i heard. It’s a 1 year deal .

Any word on the type or severity of the injury that the young man from CH endured? My prayers that he will be fine.

CHUKNOW, was our arrangement with CH to not play each other a one year or two year deal? Congrats for the great season. I hope this year will serve to bring out more kids to the team and your program can continue to build on this season.
The 2 freshman that accounted for literally every single yard of offense in the playoff game will be scary for years to come. It’s going to come down ti consistent line play year in and year out for CH to make another jump

Glad he has another year left. I know you guys will miss him on the basketball court though. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it could be. And, he has youth on his side. Kids can heal amazingly quick. I’ll be praying for a good outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT