4. Salem
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Monacan
8. Eastern View
9. King George
10. Chancellor

HM: Dominion, Lafayette, Charlottesville

My biggest change is dropping Heritage after seeing their game against Bethel.

4A East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. Monacan
5. Eastern View
6. King George
7. Chancellor
8. Lafayette
9. Powhatan
10. Heritage (NN)

4A West
1. Woodgrove
2. Amherst
3. Salem
4. Dominion
5. Charlottesville
6. Pulaski
7. Sherando
8. Liberty Christian Academy
9. William Byrd
10. Champe

Last edited:
Good list, but as usual I will not rate my own team. Not sure a Heritage loss to a decent Bethel team is worth removal from the top ten.

1. Woodgrove
2. Amherst
3. Louisa
4. Lake Taylor
5. Salem
6. Monacan
7. Lafeyette
8. Eastern View
9. King George
10. Heritage NN and Chancellor

1. Dinwiddie
2. Woodgrove
3. Amherst
4. Salem
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Monacan
8. Eastern View
9. King George
10. Chancellor

4A East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. Monacan
5. Eastern View
6. King George
7. Chancellor
8. Lafayette
9. Powhatan
10. Heritage (NN)

4A West
1. Woodgrove
2. Amherst
3. Salem
4. Dominion
5. Charlottesville
6. Pulaski
7. Sherando
9. William Byrd
10. Champe
LCA?

1. Dinwiddie
2. Woodgrove
3. Amherst
4. Salem
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Monacan
8. Eastern View
9. King George
10. Chancellor

4A East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. Monacan
5. Eastern View
6. King George
7. Chancellor
8. Lafayette
9. Powhatan
10. Heritage (NN)

4A West
1. Woodgrove
2. Amherst
3. Salem
4. Dominion
5. Charlottesville
6. Pulaski
7. Sherando
9. William Byrd
10. Champe
Hoos, I root for oneman and Charlottesville every Friday, but do you really think they are better than William Byrd?

Of course I do. Basham is good but he's pretty much all Byrd has. Sabias Folley is one of the most under-recognized runners in the state, and Charlottesville has four other guys who can beat you too.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
1. Dinwiddie
2. Woodgrove
3. Amherst
4. Salem
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Monacan
8. Eastern View
9. King George
10. Chancellor

4A East
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. Monacan
5. Eastern View
6. King George
7. Chancellor
8. Lafayette
9. Powhatan
10. Heritage (NN)

4A West
1. Woodgrove
2. Amherst
3. Salem
4. Dominion
5. Charlottesville
6. Pulaski
7. Sherando
9. William Byrd
10. Champe

7 of your east teams are in one side of the east bracket if the playoffs stay the same as last year. I'm not sure about your Powhatan ranking. They went toe to toe with an Orange team that was spanked by EV.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
I don't know about dropping Heritage NN so far below a Lake Taylor team they beat three weeks ago. The Heritage loss to 5a Bethel is a solid team.

4A
1. Dinwiddie
2. Amherst
3. Woodgrove
4. Salem
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Eastern View
8. Monacan
9. William Byrd
10. Pulaski

And 4A east:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. EV
5. Monacan
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Heritage NN
9. Lafayette
10. Grafton

1. Dinwiddie
2. Amherst
3. Woodgrove
4. Salem
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Eastern View
8. Monacan
9. William Byrd
10. Pulaski

And 4A east:
1. Dinwiddie
2. Louisa
3. Lake Taylor
4. EV
5. Monacan
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Heritage NN
9. Lafayette
10. Grafton
Like your picks

Reactions: OCBoy
I don't know about dropping Heritage NN so far below a Lake Taylor team they beat three weeks ago. The Heritage loss to 5a Bethel is a solid team.
I think heritage will possibly lose again before it's said and done. I agree with hoos they didn't look good in that game but every team has off nights and it's possible lake Taylor had an off night. If heritage and LT were to play again I would go with LT

7 of your east teams are in one side of the east bracket if the playoffs stay the same as last year. I'm not sure about your Powhatan ranking. They went toe to toe with an Orange team that was spanked by EV.
I'll probably drop Powhatan out, depends on how next week looks.

I think heritage will possibly lose again before it's said and done. I agree with hoos they didn't look good in that game but every team has off nights and it's possible lake Taylor had an off night. If heritage and LT were to play again I would go with LT
Well, they do play an ever improving and excellent Phoebus team. So another loss could happen.

Reactions: OCBoy
Hoosfan05 you obviously put some time into this. Is Charlottesville really a top 10 kind of team? Things changing in Hootown? At risk of upsetting a bunch of Salem faithful, maybe Louisa should be ahead of them, based on results to date?

@Marshall-Dillon I consider Charlottesville top 10 in the West material now. Their young pups are growing up and they lived in the weight room all offseason. They are much more physical than last year and have five or six guys who can beat you. Fullback Sabias Folley is a 260lb bruiser who runs away from people. He's built like a tank and just a sophomore. Their speed at the skill positions rivals Amherst's. The best change they could've made was switching QBs after the Dominion game. QB Sam Neale runs the triple option very well, and is an underrated passer so he forces defenses to defend the whole field. Their issue is lack of depth, only dress around 30 players and can't afford any injuries. But if they stay healthy, watch out. A very reliable source said they're better than Salem, for what it's worth. Whether it's coach speak or not, who knows? Coach Sherry has patiently done a remarkable job turning the culture around there, his military background has the kids doing right. He was defensive coordinator at Massaponax before taking the CHS job. IMO Massaponax's defense hasn't been the same since.

The reason I have Salem ahead of Louisa is their history and their current personnel injuries/issues. I already know that if Salem gets healthy, they should be stacked enough to make it out of the West again. But if they are shockingly upset by a team they should beat, I'll put Louisa ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT