ADVERTISEMENT

My Personal Top 10 (October 19th)

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Just my opinion. I feel like the top 6 have separated themselves a little at this point. Yes, Eastside lost by 32 to Rye Cove, but I watched that game and it was 16-8 at the end of the 3rd quarter and at that point, I was impressed by both teams. Rye Cove just had an amazing 4th quarter. . Numbers 7 through 10 and beyond could really go in just about any way. I really like what I've seen from Westmoreland lately, and their QB Jordan Tolson has almost 1300 yards and 18 TD passes through 6 games. I put Rural Retreat at 10, because their 3 losses have been to GW, Grayson and Class 2 Lebanon, all good teams and they played tough in all 3 games. Bath is undefeated, but their schedule isn't very strong to say the least, and I see a repeat of last year, once they get to the end of the season and the playoffs, so that's why I put them in HM.

1. Altavista - 7-0
2. Rappahannock -7-0
3. Rye Cove - 7-0
4. Essex- 6-1
5. George Wythe - 6-2
6. Eastside- 6-1
7. Holston - 6-1
8. Westmoreland - 4-2 (play today vs Lanc.
9. Grayson - 4-3
10. Rural Retreat - 4-3

HM: Bath Co, Northumberland,

1. Altavista (prolly theirs to lose)
2. Rappahannock
3. George Wythe
4. Essex
5. Buffalo Gap (Sleeper Team)
6. Rye Cove
7. Grayson Co (QB went out on stretcher in Bluefield game.....let's hope he's ok)
8. Bath Co (Who Knows)
9. Holston
10. Rural Retreat

HM : Honaker and Narrows

Reactions: uvacavs1
1. Altavista (prolly theirs to lose)
2. Rappahannock
3. George Wythe
4. Essex
5. Buffalo Gap (Sleeper Team)
6. Rye Cove
7. Grayson Co (QB went out on stretcher in Bluefield game.....let's hope he's ok)
8. Bath Co (Who Knows)
9. Holston
10. Rural Retreat

HM : Honaker and Narrows
Eastside is a better team than Bath

"Eastside is a better team than Bath"

Prove it..............Rye Cove 40- 8 over Eastside.............I think Bath can do that

"Eastside is a better team than Bath"

Prove it..............Rye Cove 40- 8 over Eastside.............I think Bath can do that
Rye Cove would mop the floor with Bath Co way worse than that. Bath has only beat one team with a winning record. In a few weeks Narrows will take care of them like they did last year. They’ll get in the playoffs and lose in the first round like they did last year. Maybe they could win one game but that’s it. Eastside’s opponents aren’t great but still better than Bath’s.

I think the gap with Altavista and the rest of Class 1 has widened a little, not much, but I think they are 7 to 10 pts better than Essex and Rapp in the East. 7 to 10 pts is nothing in HS Football and that means Essex and Rapp can beat them, but Altavista is really good.

Eastside would beat Bath by 40. Bath did the same thing last year. Played a cupcake schedule, then got blown out in the 2 games where they played good teams. And that Eastside vs Rye Cove game was 16-8 going into the 4th and both teams were battling.

Reactions: vt_hokies
You guys get all emotionally over Eastside................who cares............... I take Bath over them................logical. Eastside lost by over 30...not Bath.....easy
bBhh

You’re a clown dude
There’s tons of teams better than Bath besides Eastside. All the teams you listed below them. Giles by far, even Galax would beat them comfortably right now. Literal zero knowledge. Don’t post anymore lists if you’re just gonna act like a clown when someone suggests one team may be better than another team. You also type like a moron.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
I would agree that Baths schedule is weak, however, I think they are much improved this year compared to last and the QB that carries them got hurt the last game of the season and didn't play in round 1 vs Galax; who did win state last season. Are they the best team in the state....of course not, but I do think they make some noise in the playoffs.

You’re a clown dude
vt_hokie...He engages in Fallacy which suggests he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Most posts he has where he may disagree have at least one fallacy. The last post, he wrote in there "who cares." "Who cares" is a common lower fourth grade fallacy known as Appealing to the Stone Fallacy. It's rare in adults, but we see it occasionally. In truth, many people actually DO "care" about Eastside and Bath and the top 10 ranking and that's evidenced by how many people have read the thread and even commented in it. With "nobody in the world caring," then nobody would have read or responded.
There’s tons of teams better than Bath besides Eastside. All the teams you listed below them. Giles by far, even Galax would beat them comfortably right now. Literal zero knowledge. Don’t post anymore lists if you’re just gonna act like a clown when someone suggests one team may be better than another team. You also type like a moron.

Last edited:
Reactions: uvacavs1
vt_hokie...He engages in Fallacy which suggests he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Most posts he has where he may disagree has at least one fallacy. The last post, he wrote in there "who cares." "Who cares' is a common lower fourth grade fallacy known as Appealing to the Stone Fallacy. It's rare in adults, but we see it occasionally. In truth many people "care" about Eastside and Bath and the top 10 ranking and that's evidenced by how many people have read the thread and even commented in it.
I have no idea about the strengths or lack thereof regarding Eastside or Bath. I certainly have no problems with disagreements over sports rankings as that is a major part of the fun indeed!

However, you could also add that ad hominem and/or the slothful induction fallacies were engaged in there :)

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Next 3 games will make or break Westmoreland in my opinion. If they can take 2 out of 3 then Region A playoffs are going to be interesting! Tough order but they are clicking right now clean up the flags and it can be done. Will definitely be pulling for them!

Fairlawn...the ironic thing here is you starting the fallacy thing with Team A was gonna beat Team B because this certain site said so. You got mad at a fact then called it a fallacy.(politic much) Sorry I rubbed your fur the wrong way. No need to get your whiskers up.

And, yes Eastside might be better than Bath, They might be the same Bath team from last year, but they're still an unknown.. I'm pretty dang sure Eastside isn't a top 10 team. So i will gladly honk my nose and this "clown" will bid you adieu.

Last edited:
Fairlawn...the ironic thing here is you starting the fallacy thing with Team A was gonna beat Team B because this certain site said so. You got mad at a fact then called it a fallacy.(politic much) Sorry I rubbed your fur the wrong way. No need to get your whiskers up.

And, yes Eastside might be better than Bath, They might be the same Bath team from last year, but they're still an unknown.. I'm pretty dang sure Eastside isn't a top 10 team. So i will gladly honk my nose and this "clown" will bid you adieu.
Now, you are lying. You've advanced from fallacy to dishonesty. I never wrote Team A will beat Team B because a computer said so, and any human with 1/2 of a brain knows better. I pointed out your fallacy and even gave you the name of the fallacies you used.

Calpreps and Massey do, or at least try to do a decent job. I know Ken Massey and went to school with him. Of course they miss and they miss all of the time, but they are largely accurate. You took one game where Calpreps missed and tried to discredit all of Calpreps because you are a fallacy man and used the ole 4th grade exception to the rule fallacy. That's the actual fact here. Now, the fallacies have been called out and you've progressed to lying, and that is sad.

They're both great sites.............you jumped to fallacy when you were wrong. You are the liar.

Quote:
"In truth, many people actually DO "care" about Eastside and Bath and the top 10 ranking"

RobberBrown and I are the only ones sticking up for Bath.............u2 running them down another lie.

But, oh yes you are so important, every game i go to they say Fallacycat has us number 8 and they chant we number 8 and this team says we not top 10 in Fallacycat rankins and are season is over! I know my opinion doesn't matter(so who cares) but you think your opinion is the be-all and end-all. So, if i'm a 4th grader, i might be light years ahead of you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT