ADVERTISEMENT

My Personal Top Ten: *Week 4*

Nice list guys. Huguenot is very talented and well balanced on offense. They have destroyed both of their opponents (one good and one bad) and look the part of a state contender. I may have them at #2 in Class 4. It all depends on how my Generals represent this weekend. Huguenot certainly has the athletes to match up with anyone.

@blackknight_pride your addition of Woodgrove is spot on. They deserve to be added to the list. Two nice wins. Sherando is playing well and according to @Scalvinscaliwag they could get better once they get a star player back from injury.

I am highly interested in a Jefferson Forest squad who has played a suspect schedule, but has won convincingly. Let's see how they maneuver a tough Seminole District. Region D is shaping up to be very interesting with the teams from the North (Sherando, Handley, Millbrook, James Wood) playing well. I may be totally wrong, but I am not sold on John Champe in C. They seem to struggle putting points on the board and have played three close games.

EV, King George, Courtland, Powhatan and Varina all took early hits, but are lurking around in B.

Doesn't look like Phoebus has anyone remotely willing or able to challenge them in Region A. Smithfield seems to be on the right path though. Warhill seems to have fallen off the wagon.

Last edited:
Outside of maybe Glen Allen, Varina won’t be challenged at all down the stretch. They just need extra points from Indian River. I think there’s a big drop off in 4B after Dinwiddie Huguenot & Varina it hasn’t been that way since realignment in 2013. Phoebus won’t be challenged at all 4A outside of them is very bad. GW is giving me more confidence with each passing week if they get that 1 seed I think they will flourish!! I don’t know much about 4C but it’s hard to pick anyone outside of Tusky even with that bad loss they took.

Nice list guys. Huguenot is very talented and well balanced on offense. They have destroyed both of their opponents (one good and one bad) and look the part of a state contender. I may have them at #2 in Class 4. It all depends on how my Generals represent this weekend. Huguenot certainly has the athletes to match up with anyone.

@blackknight_pride your addition of Woodgrove is spot on. They deserve to be added to the list. Two nice wins. Sherando is playing well and according to @Scalvinscaliwag they could get better once they get a star player back from injury.

I am highly interested in a Jefferson Forest squad who has played a suspect schedule, but has won convincingly. Let's see how they maneuver a tough Seminole District. Region D is shaping up to be very interesting with the teams from the North (Sherando, Handley, Millbrook, James Wood) playing well. I may be totally wrong, but I am not sold on John Champe in C. They seem to struggle putting points on the board and have played three close games.

EV, King George, Courtland, Powhatan and Varina all too early hits, but are lurking around in B.

Doesn't look like Phoebus has anyone remotely willing or able to challenge them in Region A. Smithfield seems to be on the right path though. Warhill seems to have fallen off the wagon.
I appreciate the affirmation. Woodgrove is one of those programs that you have to honor once they get themselves going. I typically know the least about Region C for Class 4 so I am interested to see how it plays out up there this year. It's crazy to me that Handley, Millbrook, James Wood and Sherando (who have looked good) are in 4D where they could be traveling hours down 81 South as opposed to 20 minutes on 66 East. I get it though, there are pros and cons to all the alignment options.

I have a feeling Huguenot and Dinwiddie will just flip back and forth in the #2 spot until they hopefully settle it on the field in the playoffs.

I agree JF is intriguing. The Seminole will certainly test them. LCA will be a big measuring stick game of course with Glass, Amherst, Heritage, Rustburg, etc. looming.

B will be awesome once again in the playoffs, but we've all known that forever.

My Class 4 Top 10 - Week 4

1. Phoebus -
2. Dinwiddie +2
3. Huguenot +1
4. Varina +2
5. John Champe -
6. Jefferson Forest -
7. Tuscarora +3
8. Salem -6
9. Sherando +2
10. Woodgrove +1

HM: Powhatan, GW Danville, John Handley, Hanover
Tuscarora? I saw they lost to Independence. Isn't that a "bad" loss or am I incorrect?

My Class 4 Top 10 - Week 4

1. Phoebus -
2. Dinwiddie +2
3. Huguenot +1
4. Varina +2
5. John Champe -
6. Jefferson Forest -
7. Tuscarora +3
8. Salem -6
9. Sherando +2
10. Woodgrove +1

HM: Powhatan, GW Danville, John Handley, Hanover
Region A is really that bad. Not even an honorable mention team lol.

Region B is going to be a dog fight. Fans: What are the big games for Dinwiddie, Huguenot, and Varina coming up? Would love to check each of the 3 out in their district play.

Region A is really that bad. Not even an honorable mention team lol.

Region B is going to be a dog fight. Fans: What are the big games for Dinwiddie, Huguenot, and Varina coming up? Would love to check each of the 3 out in their district play.
Dinwiddie has: Maury, @ Dale, Matoaca
Huguenot has: @ Powhatan, Manchester, @ Bird
Varina has: Glen Allen, I don’t see anyone else challenging them until 2nd round of the playoffs

@General172011, If I have learned one thing over the years its to trust your knowledge of the game and judgement regarding talent. No reason to stop now. You heading to Norfolk on Friday?

I have no idea what to make of Region C. Tuscarora lost to what looks like a bad Independence team, but they crushed Loudoun County who beat Woodgrove. John Champe has a win over what looks to be a good Briar Woods team but they barely squeaked by Lightridge who Sherando outgained by like 250 yards in the second half despite missing a top RB. I know the perils of applying the transitive property to football teams but I'm not convinced any of them are top 10 teams. I'll still give Tuscarora the benefit of the doubt for now.

1. Phoebus
2. Dinwiddie
3. Varina
4. Huguenot
5. Salem
6. Sherando
7. Jefferson Forest
8. G.W. Danville
9. Tuscarora
10. Handley

I know but what I saw Friday doesn’t bode well for there championship aspirations this season. I think they’ll get better no doubt but I don’t think they win that game at all
Hard to really judge them going against the two best teams in the state back to back. They looked terrible yes but those two teams will do that all year to people.

Dinwiddie has: Maury, @ Dale, Matoaca
Huguenot has: @ Powhatan, Manchester, @ Bird
Varina has: Glen Allen, I don’t see anyone else challenging them until 2nd round of the playoffs
Thanks. I’m going to line schedule up and try to make that Huguenot Bird game for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT