ADVERTISEMENT

My State Tournament Predictions

The only reason CB is in states is because Northampton beat themselves by not slowing the game down with 2 mins left in the 3rd quarter up 12 points and their start pg out of the game with 4 fouls , so let’s not talk about how good they are .. play that game at Northampton and you have a different scenario right now with cb sitting home .
So what you’re saying is CB beat NorthHampton twice, by luck, huh? With the first time being by 30. I highly doubt that. Although, if you compare them on paper, Northampton probably should have the advantage. The points you make are all part of basketball. If the coach doesn’t slow them down or they don’t know how to slow down on their own, that’s part of their downfall. CB has done the same thing in some games this year. That’s just how it goes. CB stayed composed and recovered. I don’t know how playing that game at NorthHampton should change how either team played the game. It might change the officiating, which I think sucked both ways. And I never said how ‘good’ they were. I said they played fundamental and well rounded. Play team basketball is what got them where they are so far.

So what you’re saying is CB beat NorthHampton twice, by luck, huh? With the first time being by 30. I highly doubt that. Although, if you compare them on paper, Northampton probably should have the advantage. The points you make are all part of basketball. If the coach doesn’t slow them down or they don’t know how to slow down on their own, that’s part of their downfall. CB has done the same thing in some games this year. That’s just how it goes. CB stayed composed and recovered. I don’t know how playing that game at NorthHampton should change how either team played the game. It might change the officiating, which I think sucked both ways. And I never said how ‘good’ they were. I said they played fundamental and well rounded. Play team basketball is what got them where they are so far.
Sportszone66, you're trying to explain the game of bball to some FANS that probably never played bball except for 2K on their PS4. Don't waste your breath

Cb team last year w

same thing was said about em last year they got beat by 30 or more i think
CB was underdog all last year just like they are every year. They ran into the #1 Surry (which was a deep solid team) in the first round, but CB definitely played flat in that game. Not saying they should/would have won, but if the whole team came to play that day, it definitely wouldn’t have been a 30 point loss. But they lost to the eventual winner. So if you have to lose, lose to the best.

I just want to know where all of you posters were during the regular season? LOL. Half the time, it was only myself and a few others. I definitely never heard a word about Sussex or Northampton unless I brought them up. I'm loving the banter, I just wish it had been this way the entire season.

I just want to know where all of you posters were during the regular season? LOL. Half the time, it was only myself and a few others. I definitely never heard a word about Sussex or Northampton unless I brought them up. I'm loving the banter, I just wish it had been this way the entire season.
Sure would have been an interesting one!!!!

Reactions: kwhs95fan

Seems like the regular season was mainly us and a couple others discussing mostly 1D boys and girls and now it's shifted to mainly talk about 1A lol.

Seems like the regular season was mainly us and a couple others discussing mostly 1D boys and girls and now it's shifted to mainly talk about 1A lol.
I've tried my best to keep all regions involved in conversations this year, which is why I follow the entire state, so I can at least look competent when I discuss teams. Lol.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I've tried my best to keep all regions involved in conversations this year, which is why I follow the entire state, so I can at least look competent when I discuss teams. Lol.
But Im just a Region D guy and fairly active, so most of the discussions turn that way lol. I know very little about any other areas, especially those in 1A from the east end of the state.

But Im just a Region D guy and fairly active, so most of the discussions turn that way lol. I know very little about any other areas, especially those in 1A from the east end of the state.
I agree! I am fortunate to be in the middle of B and D, and I thank you for helping keep me informed of what’s going on in the western part of the state. LongtimeRH does an awesome job of keeping us informed in Region B. And kwhs keeps u up to date in the East, and basically all the regions.

Thanks to everyone that posts, hard to believe it’s only one more week left in this season. What’s the old saying? Time flies when you’re having fun.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and prayers for safety for all the athletes as they play and for everyone as they travel.

go on Facebook to CB Hoops page and see how our TEAM spent its time this week. CB Hoops involves the entire community and acts as one family. Go check it out, you might learn something. Might learn how to build a program instead of one year you're here baby and the next year you're gooonnnnnneeeee!!! lol
Go to phoney book and look at fake love ? Do your community love them when they stop dribbling ? Acts as one family ? Are you truly one or like you said " act like one for fakebook "

As you well know I’m not a basketball guy but I will always support my Tigers in all they do.

Reactions: st8chmpLB
As you well know I’m not a basketball guy but I will always support my Tigers in all they do.
So you’re not a ‘basketball guy’, never seen CB play, and probably don’t watch your own team play?! You’re just that guy who likes to come to the game (or forum in this case), sit in the stands, and talk sh** on behalf of everyone else. Showing that REAL community support, lol. That’s a true streetball fan right there. It’s all good. I like a good comedian anyway. Even ones who just talk BS.

Watch these "streetball role players" manhandle "your tigers" tonight, Tre P shoots 5 or 6 feet behind the line, TV Lucas is the fastest guard in 1A, Jace is arguably the best catch and shooter in 1A, BG Courtney is an outstanding perimeter defender, and the other pietras coming off the bench. Ohhh and I forgot Corvy Davis.. Nobody can guard him 1 on 1 in 2A and below. Results will show tonight, believe that. #ALLGASNOBRAKES #GODRIFTERS

Watch these "streetball role players" manhandle "your tigers" tonight, Tre P shoots 5 or 6 feet behind the line, TV Lucas is the fastest guard in 1A, Jace is arguably the best catch and shooter in 1A, BG Courtney is an outstanding perimeter defender, and the other pietras coming off the bench. Ohhh and I forgot Corvy Davis.. Nobody can guard him 1 on 1 in 2A and below. Results will show tonight, believe that. #ALLGASNOBRAKES #GODRIFTERS
Blame me when you yourself created the drama, hope you guys finally win in something and stop using the small school excuse when you loose, CB lol

Blame me when you yourself created the drama, hope you guys finally win in something and stop using the small school excuse when you loose, CB lol
It's not an excuse, like I said results will show tonight. Talent and hard work together, and Sussex is gonna feel all of it tonight in a blowout loss #ALLGASNOBRAKES

CB has won plenty, but the small school thing is definitely no excuse. It just is what it is. Low numbers can’t be faked and athletes don’t grow on trees. You have to play with what you got. And for what they got, it’s pretty impressive with what they’re doing. Go find another school in VA (or any state) that’s this size, with these size athletes, and tell us what their record looks like - They’re already done for the season. Including many other teams who looked better on paper. So if they lose, they lose. But if they do, I hope it’s in a game where the refs don’t suck, where both teams left it all on the floor, and there’s no questioning who was the best that day. When it’s all said and done, all the questions/comments mean nothing. We’re all spectators, and they’re on the floor. They have to show up tonight, not us. But they’re grinding and they’re not there by accident or luck. So win or lose tonight, they’ve already accomplished more than many others did and more than what most critics assumed they would (which is also nothing new). They’ll always be underdogs. It comes with the territory. But when they’re on the court - they’re just dogs! All gas, no brakes...

CB has won plenty, but the small school thing is definitely no excuse. It just is what it is. Low numbers can’t be faked and athletes don’t grow on trees. You have to play with what you got. And for what they got, it’s pretty impressive with what they’re doing. Go find another school in VA (or any state) that’s this size, with these size athletes, and tell us what their record looks like - They’re already done for the season. Including many other teams who looked better on paper. So if they lose, they lose. But if they do, I hope it’s in a game where the refs don’t suck, where both teams left it all on the floor, and there’s no questioning who was the best that day. When it’s all said and done, all the questions/comments mean nothing. We’re all spectators, and they’re on the floor. They have to show up tonight, not us. But they’re grinding and they’re not there by accident or luck. So win or lose tonight, they’ve already accomplished more than many others did and more than what most critics assumed they would (which is also nothing new). They’ll always be underdogs. It comes with the territory. But when they’re on the court - they’re just dogs! All gas, no brakes...
Thats exactly why our motto is we all we got, we all we need, fourth smallest school in the state, and also favorites to win it.. The boys will show up tonight!! #allgasnobrakes

Reactions: dirifterhoops4
So you’re not a ‘basketball guy’, never seen CB play, and probably don’t watch your own team play?! You’re just that guy who likes to come to the game (or forum in this case), sit in the stands, and talk sh** on behalf of everyone else. Showing that REAL community support, lol. That’s a true streetball fan right there. It’s all good. I like a good comedian anyway. Even ones who just talk BS.
Go to Facebook
It's not an excuse, like I said results will show tonight. Talent and hard work together, and Sussex is gonna feel all of it tonight in a blowout loss #ALLGASNOBRAKES
So if so so be it , if you dont win it All that means State , dont use the small school excuse , it win or bust , what a waste of talent if you dont win it All

How many students does CB have? The last numbers I see have them at 177, near schools like Twin Springs and JI Burton, who has had quite a bit of success in football (which requires more kids). Numbers certainly matter, no one should argue otherwise, but Surry isn't a much bigger school at all. It's not like Riverheads or GW, two of the biggest 1A schools.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I’m with ya. Without digging up current stats, I don’t know exactly what their numbers are at the moment. What I will say is that in comparison to some of the other small schools, CB sometimes lacks in ‘total numbers’ of kids who actually participate in a sport (or more than 1 sport). Of course each year is going be a little different. So while the overall numbers in school might be similar, some of those other schools have more ‘athletes’ to draw from. It would be nice if ALL the kids in CB capable of playing did play, but I think they’d rather sit at home and play on the phones instead. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. That grittiness is just part of what’s built in to CB teams cause they know they are usually never really deep in numbers. So they have to make up for it with heart and work with the numbers they got. Makes you have to dig a little deeper when you have a smaller core to rely on.

I’m with ya. Without digging up current stats, I don’t know exactly what their numbers are at the moment. What I will say is that in comparison to some of the other small schools, CB sometimes lacks in ‘total numbers’ of kids who actually participate in a sport (or more than 1 sport). Of course each year is going be a little different. So while the overall numbers in school might be similar, some of those other schools have more ‘athletes’ to draw from. It would be nice if ALL the kids in CB capable of playing did play, but I think they’d rather sit at home and play on the phones instead. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. That grittiness is just part of what’s built in to CB teams cause they know they are usually never really deep in numbers. So they have to make up for it with heart and work with the numbers they got. Makes you have to dig a little deeper when you have a smaller core to rely on.

Im not sure a place like Burton (a few more students) or Hurley (a few less students) have more athletes to pick from, especially Burton because some of the best athletes could choose to go to Union or Central. Appalachia won state titles while being one of the smallest schools in the state. I can't speak on Surry but they just won a title and are a small school. With the right coach and system, you can win with small numbers but the margin for error is RAZOR thin. One injury, one academic issue, one player who s girlfriend broke up with him or got pregnant, and your team is in trouble. I get what you're saying, it's the same at a lot of lower enrollment schools in 1A, you gotta be willing to play 30 minutes per game in basketball or start on both sides in football so you know those kids aren't gonna quit when it get tough. But at the end of the day, you'd rather have 12 kids instead of 8 for depth, rather be able to choose from a pool of 50 instead of 25, etc.. Numbers matter for sure.

Reactions: sportzone66
Is this the Colonial Beach were all the hype was about Sussex has held them 20 pts at the Half , My Tigers will compete and hang around and make something happen in the 4th , CB no way you will win State, CB #23 is a bad ass ! Man Child the Drifters refuse to feed him on the block, they want to shoot spot up 3 ‘s lol, keep doing that and you will go packing tonight ! Allstars ( in your dreams)

Thats exactly why our motto is we all we got, we all we need, fourth smallest school in the state, and also favorites to win it.. The boys will show up tonight!! #allgasnobrakes
20 pts at half ( when are you showing up) lol

Last edited:
20 pts at the half ? Really

Yep. Surrys a good example. They were deep last year and graduated a bunch I believe and now not working with as much. We ran into them first round last year and came out flat and got spanked, but we partially gave up before it started. Self defeat. And they went on to win it all. Just hope the rest of the games this season are 100% effort, win or lose.

36 - 24 CB , # 15 for Sussex needs a big 4th if he wakes up the upset is possible, CB is willing to die by the 3 that they do not need

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT