ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts on the Din at Meadowbrook game.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I think the biggest surprise to me was how tough the MB line was. As well as they played, and as fast as a couple of their backs are, I amazed that they haven’t been more competitive this year. They tackled well. Their defensive penetration was pretty good. Pass defense was not bad. Like I said, they should have been more competitive. Maybe they are just now coming together as a team?

Sadly, their fan support was abysmal. But, even sadder is the fact that the AD and/or the school Administration has let the entire season go by without repairing two poles full of lights. As an answer, they set up two light banks that shine in the eyes of whichever team is playing in that direction. Sweet Jesus, it’s Chesterfield County. The wealthiest county in central Virginia. They say they are doing good things for the kids and then they allow a situation to persist simply because someone won’t do their job? Pitiful. Don’t blame the kids for not doing what they should do when you set this example.

If the team will stay the course over the off season, Meadowbrook has the ability to be a factor again next year. I know they are moving up to Class 6, but they will still play the same seven Central District foes. I really hope to see this once proud and feared football team resurrect itself.

I’m not real smart, so help me out here. KO at 4:00.
It takes about 2.5 hours on average to play a game.
Sunset is at 6:09
Do they play the fourth quarter in the dark?

So Matoaca couldn’t host the game instead?
Can’t move the game to Saturday.
Can’t use another Chesterfield or Henrico field?

Last edited:
I’m not real smart, so help me out here. KO at 4:00.
It takes about 2.5 hours on average to play a game.
Sunset is at 6:09
Do they play the fourth quarter in the dark?

So Matoaca couldn’t host the game instead?
Can’t move the game to Saturday.
Can’t use another Henrico field?
Why not just use the faculty that the Chesterfield schools use off of 288? Turf field and lights.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
$125,798,021.82- That is the cash that the Chesterfield Gov't had at 9/30/22 (not the CCPS).
If Clover Hill, Cosby, James River, Midlo, or Monacan had needed anything, it would have been fixed.

Chesterfield and Henrico take very good care of their schools. Chesterfield’s schools are nicer than Henrico’s imo… It’s very surprising that MBK’s facilities are lacking the way that they are. Hanover is still the standard.

Chesterfield and Henrico take very good care of their schools. Chesterfield’s schools are nicer than Henrico’s imo… It’s very surprising that MBK’s facilities are lacking the way that they are. Hanover is still the standard.
They take better care in North Chesterfield and Midlo.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT