ADVERTISEMENT

Narrows 60 LCA 53

SW_VA_boy

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 29, 2001
6-0, 2-0 on the season.

Parry McCluer blew out Goochland as well in game one today.

2 wins over 3A schools today for the Pioneer District.

Triple Double for Pruett today, as well. 34 points, 10 boards, 10 assists.

Last edited:
They've done this with this group of kids since they were 8th and 9th graders. When the seniors were 8th graders, they had them playing in JV tourneys at Hidden Valley and other places. The only team they lost to that year was Radford. Will it stay like this going forward? I don't know but not surprising this year given what they've done with this group all along.

VHSL site says Goochland is 2A??

Is Narrows still playing Roanoke Catholic on Tuesday the 19? I saw some where it said their next game was at Giles?

Game with Catholic was scheduled for Tuesday. Has been postponed to 1/16 I would presume due to forecasted weather. Giles on Thursday next up.

If Smith and Holmes are hitting along with Pruett, yes, I think they can give them some run. If any of the 3 have a cold night, I think it'll be difficult unless the others shoot out of their mind to make up the slack.

Reactions: BigWinners
If Smith and Holmes are hitting along with Pruett, yes, I think they can give them some run. If any of the 3 have a cold night, I think it'll be difficult unless the others shoot out of their mind to make up the slack.
Can Pruett win 1C POY? Sure seems like numbers will be there. But GW and Auburn both loaded

My opinion
Pruett kid is special in every aspect of the game. When you have a kid that can take over and win ballgames by himself a team can be dangerous any night. Holmes and Smith both have had night they have went for 20 plus and combined one game for 46 points. Narrows has good wins vs James Monroe WV(2 time defending state champion and currently ranked #2 in WV, and vs 3A LCA. Everyone else they have beaten by 30plus.

If Holmes and Smith can get more consistant Narrows will be a hard out in two months
Can Pruett win 1C POY? Sure seems like numbers will be there. But GW and Auburn both loaded
He won it last year

My opinion
Pruett kid is special in every aspect of the game. When you have a kid that can take over and win ballgames by himself a team can be dangerous any night. Holmes and Smith both have had night they have went for 20 plus and combined one game for 46 points. Narrows has good wins vs James Monroe WV(2 time defending state champion and currently ranked #2 in WV, and vs 3A LCA. Everyone else they have beaten by 30plus.

If Holmes and Smith can get more consistant Narrows will be a hard out in two months

He won it last year
I knew that, was curious if he was gonna do it two years in a row. Massive accomplishment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT