ADVERTISEMENT

NBC12 rankings

I think Prince George is going to end up on this list. There really young and the coaching might have some questions but there a good football team!!

I think Prince George is going to end up on this list. There really young and the coaching might have some questions but there a good football team!!

@CHUKNOW, you think so? I have to admit being very cynical when it comes to PG. Do you think they will get wins over Dale, Hopewell, Petersburg and Dinwiddie? I think they may win this week to go to 3-0, but they get a loss two weeks from now. Since 1999, PG is 4-16 against Dinwiddie and has not beaten the Generals since 2005. That's 13 straight losses. I guess it could happen, but I could win the lottery tonight as well. Glad we have another Central District fan on preps.

I wish the kids at PG nothing but the best. However, there is nothing that points to an improved season.

PG has had one winning season in about the last 15 years.

I don't believe there has been any new approach to the commitment to the football program recently. If you continue to do the same things over and over, expecting better results, what you end up with is "one winning season in 15 years."

If they go down to Churchland and beat the Truckers this week, then I'll humbly change my opinion.

I wish the kids at PG nothing but the best. However, there is nothing that points to an improved season.

PG has had one winning season in about the last 15 years.

I don't believe there has been any new approach to the commitment to the football program recently. If you continue to do the same things over and over, expecting better results, what you end up with is "one winning season in 15 years."

If they go down to Churchland and beat the Truckers this week, then I'll humbly change my opinion.

I completely agree with you about the approach to the program its beyond terrible and they have great numbers come out for football that is sad! They have a lot of the young talent on this team those Allen brothers can play with anybody!! I look for them to surprise some people this year. I love everyone around the tri cities is playing some good football well except CH so I just root for my neighbors!!! haha

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I think:

HS, (no brainer)
Louisa, (they won't because they are not RVA
Hopewell
DR (not real sure about them yet)
Manchester
Varina
Monacan

"Pick-em" after that
I don't agree with this list. I highly doubt deep run or Louisa could beat Manchester or varina.

Reactions: mbonape1
I don't agree with this list. I highly doubt deep run or Louisa could beat Manchester or varina.

@Thomasddev " Highly doubt"? I realize the we still have to prove ourselves, but after our scrimmage with Varina any highly doubtful attitude seems off the mark. I haven't seen Louisa or anybody that they have played so I can't speak to that.

@Thomasddev " Highly doubt"? I realize the we still have to prove ourselves, but after our scrimmage with Varina any highly doubtful attitude seems off the mark. I haven't seen Louisa or anybody that they have played so I can't speak to that.
It wasn't a slight on you and you are right any team can beat but I feel Varina is and will be the 2nd best team in the area come playoff time. I only see HSHS beating them come playoff time. I think deep run is talented and we'll coached but Varina is deeper with athletes. As far as scrimmages I don't count them because they are usually controlled, very vanilla on offense and defense, and the players don't approach them with the same intensity as real games. That bring said good luck to DR I really like their QB

@Thomasddev I saw the "could beat" as opposed to "would beat" following the "highly doubt" and that all translated as "no way it could happen". I get your point about by the end of the season, but as you said anything could happen by then or today/tomorrow/next month for that matter. Maybe we will get the answer to that come playoff time.

Can't base much on a scrimmage especially the first one. Most first scrimmages are controlled and coaches are more interested in the depth performing to see where they stand. Deep Run is good and Bo is very talented.

@Tyson Woods I agree that you can't tell much based on a scrimmage unless one side is clearly dominant. That has been the case in the past. Even prior games mean nothing as sometimes matchups are more or less favorable. Other than HS I haven't seen any area team that looks even remotely invincible. And I personally wouldn't dismiss any team because everybody has an athlete or two (at least) and you never know when somebody is going to rise up.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT