ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia College Teams Will be ALL OVER TV This Weekend!

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I know our job on here is to talk high school sports but I could not help but notice today what an awesome line-up we have this weekend featuring our state college teams. Everybody who is anybody will be on TV and best of all, there will be very little interference with one another, since my pet peeve is for two of our teams, such as UVa and VT, to be on TV at the same time. So check out this schedule as provided by our local newspaper, and I hope it is accurate........

Friday 7:00 PM on FS1: Virginia at Maryland
Saturday 12 Noon on CBSSN: Liberty at Buffalo
Saturday 12 Noon on ESPN 2: Wake Forest at Old Dominion
Saturday 2:00 PM on The CW: VMI at N C State
Saturday 3:30 PM on Big Ten Network: Virginia Tech at Rutgers
Saturday 7:00 PM on NFL Network: JMU at Troy

Of course there will also be the usual slate of Top 25 games, etc. but I just thought this was an unusually large number of televised games for our Virginia teams.

I know our job on here is to talk high school sports but I could not help but notice today what an awesome line-up we have this weekend featuring our state college teams. Everybody who is anybody will be on TV and best of all, there will be very little interference with one another, since my pet peeve is for two of our teams, such as UVa and VT, to be on TV at the same time. So check out this schedule as provided by our local newspaper, and I hope it is accurate........

Friday 7:00 PM on FS1: Virginia at Maryland
Saturday 12 Noon on CBSSN: Liberty at Buffalo
Saturday 12 Noon on ESPN 2: Wake Forest at Old Dominion
Saturday 2:00 PM on The CW: VMI at N C State
Saturday 3:30 PM on Big Ten Network: Virginia Tech at Rutgers
Saturday 7:00 PM on NFL Network: JMU at Troy

Of course there will also be the usual slate of Top 25 games, etc. but I just thought this was an unusually large number of televised games for our Virginia teams.
Some local Region A guys will be in action in those games. Reigning ACC RB Of The Week and King William alum, Demond Claiborne plays in his home state against ODU. Essex alum Kam Robinson has gotten action in both games thus far for UVA and King and Queen alum Malik Holmes is a reserve safety for VMI. Also Northumberland alum Cameron Seldon is a reserve RB for Tennessee. Lots of great talent has come through Region A in the last couple of years and I think there's a very good chance that several of these kids mentioned will play on Sundays

Those six games did not turn out especially well, with only Liberty and JMU picking up wins, and the Dukes tried their hardest to let theirs slip away. Hard to say just who might have the best college team in the state this year.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Those six games did not turn out especially well, with only Liberty and JMU picking up wins, and the Dukes tried their hardest to let theirs slip away. Hard to say just who might have the best college team in the state this year.
Is it?

Seems like JMU is head & shoulders above the rest. Haven’t put a complete game together yet & are sitting at 3-0 with a win over Virginia. Who else could it be? VPI&SU?

Liberty might be a second possibility, but I don't think either of the traditional big two are going to make much noise this year.

Liberty might be a second possibility, but I don't think either of the traditional big two are going to make much noise this year.
Yeah, I discount Liberty (right now) because of their weak SOS. Not many strong teams on their schedule, but I suppose they could still be very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT