ADVERTISEMENT

New Mecklenburg County HS

W: Brunswick, Lee, Sussex Central, Madison, John Marshall
L: Weddington, Nottoway
Toss up: Central Lunenberg, Halifax, Amherst

5-5 to 8-2, I'm guessing. Taking a few leaps with some of the Ls and Toss Ups as I'm unsure what teams like Nottoway, Central-L, and Halifax return but they were solid if not very solid last year so just basing it off that and going with it.
Pretty sure Lee HS is Lee County out of Sanford NC. They made the state championship two years ago (lost to Weddington actually) and was the #5 seed (out of 32 teams) in the 3A East playoffs this past year. If so, Mecklenburg won’t beat them. I can’t think of another Lee unless it’s Lee from SWVA.

Pretty sure Lee HS is Lee County out of Sanford NC. They made the state championship two years ago (lost to Weddington actually) and was the #5 seed (out of 32 teams) in the 3A East playoffs this past year. If so, Mecklenburg won’t beat them. I can’t think of another Lee unless it’s Lee from SWVA.

News article seems to suggest its the VA school since it portrays them as Class 2, a description the article gives for all VA schools but fails to give for Weddington.

News article seems to suggest its the VA school since it portrays them as Class 2, a description the article gives for all VA schools but fails to give for Weddington.

Thanks. Must be Lee from far SWVA. That’s going to be a very long drive.

Haven’t heard , what district they moving to. But I feel it will be close to how it was last year District wise . 2 team battle
In football I feel like it’ll be a 2-3 team battle for a while. GW, Bassett and a mix of Halifax and Mecklenburg. Basketball it’ll be one of the better districts outside of the Class 5 and 6 districts.

Hour+ on the bus to go anywhere in the Piedmont but GW (and that one will be pretty close to an hour), big oof.

They better hope they're either really good or really terrible, playoff road trips to Salem, Blacksburg, or PC start at 3 hours long.
I doubt they will have to worry about traveling to Blacksburg for playoffs any time in the near future.

Last edited:
all city schools are losing population and need to give their children that they have left a good experience athletically by biting the bullet and going down in competition.
Not all cities. I know Heritage and Glass in Lynchburg are doing ok with enrollment numbers.

I doubt they will have to worry about traveling to Blacksburg for playoffs any time in the neat future.
Blacksburg had a great group of players in 2016, 17, 18, but just haven't had that level of star power since. The best player the last couple of years was Parker Epperly, and he had injuries that kept him from playing much of that time. Right now Christiansburg seems to have the hot hand from the NRV, but they're C3.

Reactions: VolNation85
Pizza-with-the-Principals-2-.png

I'll get to see the new school when Dan River scrimmages them in August!

You won't be able to tell much from that scrimmage. DR sucks.
The Coleman kid at DR is probably the best player in Class 2 and in our area. I’ll be interested in the Dixon kid at GW. Penn State is showing interest early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT