ADVERTISEMENT

Next weeks crowd could be biggest yet

Yes they will be that's for sure might be the biggest crowds in a long time

I was impressed with how many MV fans made the long trip to Hampton today. Loud and proud, too.

You know Salem will have a huge turnout. 5000 plus? What do you think?

MV will probably be good for 2000.

I have no idea how many will follow LB. Do you?

LT will have there faithful there.

And I would venture to guess that there will be several thousand fans like me, that just love high school football.

And the long range forcast says sunny and 66 degrees.

Yep, I agree. Should be the largest crowd yet in this format.

My only regret is I don't have a hospitality pass to get upstairs to say hi to Wikki and eat some of the Amherst Ladies delicious food! And man, they police access to the hospitality suite like Fort Knox. No sneaking in there!

I hope so. You don't get many chances to see your team play for a state championship.

What's the drive time for LB to Lynchburg?
A little bit less than Salem's drive time. It takes a good 25 minutes to get from Salem to Lord Botetourt.

MV about an hour 15?

LT has got to be at least 3 1/2 to 4. It takes me about two hours to get to Lynchburg, and slightly less to Norfolk. So 4 hours should be about right for them?

I was impressed with how many MV fans made the long trip to Hampton today. Loud and proud, too.

And I would venture to guess that there will be several thousand fans like me, that just love high school football.

My only regret is I don't have a hospitality pass to get upstairs to say hi to Wikki and eat some of the Amherst Ladies delicious food! And man, they police access to the hospitality suite like Fort Knox. No sneaking in there!
With Salem and LB being near each other and having played for years, there will be quite a few people from this area that will go to watch. Especially since there is no "local" team playing at Salem Stadium in 1A or 2A

Reactions: salemfan32
MV about an hour 15?

LT has got to be at least 3 1/2 to 4. It takes me about two hours to get to Lynchburg, and slightly less to Norfolk. So 4 hours should be about right for them?
LT will not bring many fans

I don't think it will be the largest crowd ever though. You are correct though about it being like Fort Knox, they are very strict. We get both games and Iove it. I will have to admit though, we are good host, with good home cookIng. I am making my chicken.taco soup again. Maybe next year I will see you

I don't think it will be the largest crowd ever though. You are correct though about it being like Fort Knox, they are very strict. We get both games and Iove it. I will have to admit though, we are good host, with good home cookIng. I am making my chicken.taco soup again. Maybe next year I will see you
Wikki so the concessions is done by teams in the area?

MV going for back to back, I would guess they would have more than 2000. Still it will be a big crowd either way with 3 local teams in the mix. I'm praying for great weather and 2 great games. Congrats to the Warriors on a hard fought win, sure made it hard on an old man's nerves in the 4th quarter but you got the job done for the Warrior nation. LB will be a tough task, just play hard and good things will happen!

Wikki so the concessions is done by teams in the area?
. LU runs their own concessions. We serve administrations and others. I guess we have done such a good job we are asked again. I look so forward to this every year until we no longer do it. That is how I met Dinwiddie, so he must be important

Last edited:
. LU runs their own concessions. We serve administrations and others. I guess we have done such a good job we are asked again. I look so forward to this every year until we no longer do it. That is how I met Dinwiddie, so he must be important
Dag was hoping to get some of that taco soup

The teams are issued a certain number of hospitality suite passes. The AD's usually are the ones that distribute them.

Hey, I've got an idea. Wikki, will you marry me? We can get it annulled as soon as the games are over!
My own husband cannot get in, we are only allowed a certain amount of tickets and it is for our hard working booster women that do all the work all year and I am talking about 5 of us

Reactions: mike salem
Well think about it HR6. A normal football game usually lasts about 2 1/2 hours on average. You have to have the teams be able to warm up and do their pre game stuff before the game and if you go to games early and see, most are out there a good hour to hour and half before, so that would be 3:00-3:30. You also have the trophy presentations after the games which probably take about 30 minutes, so that is 2:30-3:00. Then end of the 1st game will be somewhere around 2:00-2:30, so where is all this extra time

Reactions: wikki
Rats Wikki. I thought I would try.

I believe, the four teams are issued a set number of hospitality passes. And I think a few passes are distributed by the VHSL for their own purposes. But other than that, forget it. If Wikki can't get her husband in, you are SOL.

Wikki, I know once you get to that floor, you can go where you want to. The press and VHSL dignitaries have their own hospitality room, don't they?

I believe, the four teams are issued a set number of hospitality passes. And I think a few passes are distributed by the VHSL for their own purposes. But other than that, forget it. If Wikki can't get her husband in, you are SOL.

Wikki, I know once you get to that floor, you can go where you want to. The press and VHSL dignitaries have their own hospitality room, don't they?

Yes they have their own and separate food as well. The officials have their own food also. Once you get on that floor you walk around but are checked each time. There is someone on the elevator as well making sure you have on your badge. We have the nicest area, I know you remember

I would expect a crowd of 10k + for the Salem vs Lake Taylor game.
7k Salem fans
1k LT fans
2k other

You'll do better at the local Wa Wa than you would at the press food area at Liberty.

You'll do better at the local Wa Wa than you would at the press food area at Liberty.
That is really disappointing news. I was hoping I could get into Wikki's area. Don't know what I wanted more. Meeting Wikki or eating. Sorry girl. Love you and respect you. Don't know too many I'd put higher on my list for watching a HS football game but The stomach takes priority.

Reactions: AMHERST #1
Lake Taylor will not have 1000 people====maybe 300 at best. Salem 7000----other fans 3000 10 thousand plus prediction

Reactions: OCBoy
That is really disappointing news. I was hoping I could get into Wikki's area. Don't know what I wanted more. Meeting Wikki or eating. Sorry girl. Love you and respect you. Don't know too many I'd put higher on my list for watching a HS football game but The stomach takes priority.

What is that saying " something about a way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I understand. Would have been nice to meet people from preps

Lake Taylor will not have 1000 people====maybe 300 at best. Salem 7000----other fans 3000 10 thousand plus prediction
I appreciate the vigor but fans mean nothing and have zippy to do with winning and losing. They think that but that's why they're fans. The kids that actually play the game hear NOTHING.

Oh no, I am sure that Wiki's area (the VIP's) has great food. That is decidedly not what is served in the press area (subs and chips)

I appreciate the vigor but fans mean nothing and have zippy to do with winning and losing. They think that but that's why they're fans. The kids that actually play the game hear NOTHING.
I'm confused here shauntclair.. Where in that post did you read anything that could have been interpreted as southbottom saying that fan support will help determine the outcome of the game?

Reactions: salemfan32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT