ADVERTISEMENT

Next weeks crowd could be biggest yet

I'm confused here shauntclair.. Where in that post did you read anything that could have been interpreted as southbottom saying that fan support will help determine the outcome of the game?
He said nothing about the outcome but was clearly overly proud that there would be more Spartan fans than Titan fans. It's seems clear to me, he thinks fan support matters. It doesn't impact the game at all.

Could scare that number if the weather cooperates and fans from the first game hang around to watch. Unfortunately LT won't help much with attendance.
Fans rarely stay for the second game. In 2008 when Brookville played before Amherst, almost their entire fan base left, they did lose that game so I guess that would have an impact. That record of attendance was 2006 and in 2007 when Amherst played Sherando it was almost filled as well. Like I said I have been every year and the teams that brought the most fans to LU in my opinion is - Amherst, Salem, Louisa, Richlands, Christiansburg, Brookville, Sherando, Dinwiddie, Magna Vista the rest is what it is. For a local school Heritage brought the least

Oh no, I am sure that Wiki's area (the VIP's) has great food. That is decidedly not what is served in the press area (subs and chips)
We have chicken taco soup, chili beans, vegetable soup, fried chicken, potato salad, Mac and cheese, cheese balls, desserts all home made except for the chicken.

We have chicken taco soup, chili beans, vegetable soup, fried chicken, potato salad, Mac and cheese, cheese balls, desserts all home made except for the chicken.

I'm heading to the 5A and 6A games where the spread is luxurious.

He said nothing about the outcome but was clearly overly proud that there would be more Spartan fans than Titan fans. It's seems clear to me, he thinks fan support matters. It doesn't impact the game at all.
That isn't at all what was said or implied. Not one single Salem fan thinks fan support matters in this game. Remember we were there with LT last year and outnumbered their fans at least 10 to 1 and we saw how that turned out.

What are the accomadations for the press and the hospitality suite like at Salem for the 1a/2a games?

I'm heading to the 5A and 6A games where the spread is luxurious.
I guess it is whatever you like. We get a certain amount of money to spend on food, maybe we don't get as much as the 5A/6A

I guess it is whatever you like. We get a certain amount of money to spend on food, maybe we don't get as much as the 5A/6A

Without going into full details, the difference between what is available to the press between C-ville and Lynchburg is SUBSTANTIAL.

Don't know how they work it and, frankly, the food is not really part of the equation for me, in reality. I appreciate whatever we get.

Having said that, I was shocked last year at Lynchburg. Again, this is regarding the press area, not the super, secret VIP room where you and your ladies work.

Well ain't you just special

Yeah, I don't really know what you are going for there.

Sorry.

Without going into full details, the difference between what is available to the press between C-ville and Lynchburg is SUBSTANTIAL.

Don't know how they work it and, frankly, the food is not really part of the equation for me, in reality. I appreciate whatever we get.

Having said that, I was shocked last year at Lynchburg. Again, this is regarding the press area, not the super, secret VIP room where you and your ladies work.

Sorry.
Kidding around

The super secrete in the Lynchburg VIP lounge is WIKKI! But that's not meant as a slight on the rest of the Amherst ladies. When I was fortunate enough to be up there in 2013, it was like being in your living room with great friends watching your favorite football team. With really comfortable furniture, too.

Of course, I spent the entire game outside in the cold and the rain. Wikki didn't know I was that crazy fool outside screaming my darn head off. Couldn't talk by halftime. Sore throat for a week after. I probably would have just passed away if Ihad not been fortified with Wikki's, and the other ladie's, soups.

By the way, I'm outside cheering like mad, and all those buzzards I was there with were sitting inside eating all the darn food and smiling at me through the glass.

Honestly, that was absolutely about the best day of my life.

And I didn't know Rod at the time, but I poked my head in the press area. He is right, cold subs, a vegetable tray or too, and that was about it.

Sorry.
And I didn't know Rod at the time, but I poked my head in the press area. He is right, cold subs, a vegetable tray or too, and that was about it.
If I would have known I would have fixed him a plate because I met Ron at Amherst years ago

The super secrete in the Lynchburg VIP lounge is WIKKI! But that's not meant as a slight on the rest of the Amherst ladies. When I was fortunate enough to be up there in 2013, it was like being in your living room with great friends watching your favorite football team. With really comfortable furniture, too.

Of course, I spent the entire game outside in the cold and the rain. Wikki didn't know I was that crazy fool outside screaming my darn head off. Couldn't talk by halftime. Sore throat for a week after. I probably would have just passed away if Ihad not been fortified with Wikki's, and the other ladie's, soups.

By the way, I'm outside cheering like mad, and all those buzzards I was there with were sitting inside eating all the darn food and smiling at me through the glass.

All of us with the Amherst boosters did the cooking

We received about three letters written to ACHS about our hospitality and food

Lake Taylor will not have 1000 people====maybe 300 at best. Salem 7000----other fans 3000 10 thousand plus prediction

I don't think it will be that many, everyone was expecting 8,000 at JF and it was 4.500. Granted that field didn't have good accommodations and maybe could have had more but that is a big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT