ADVERTISEMENT

Next weeks Heritage/LCA game

Me too. He was entertaining, that’s for sure.

I’m leaving my house around 5:00, so I should be their by 7:00. Did you hear anything back from the other two?

Hey, if any of you are attending this game, please stop over and say hi.
I'm coming over and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Me too. He was entertaining, that’s for sure.

I’m leaving my house around 5:00, so I should be their by 7:00. Did you hear anything back from the other two?

Hey, if any of you are attending this game, please stop over and say hi.
Oldfool got back with me. He's planning to meet up. Volnation may also.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
The home team always gets to choose. Teams play at other times besides 7pm all the time. It's not only LCA.
They are the only team that chooses 7:30. Everyone else in the district starts at 7:00

I was close. Hhs had opportunities to win
So I guess the question on preps posted earlier, can anyone beat LCA? I believe so, looks like a good defense team can. They will win all their games in the Seminole but not sure how they will do in states

Reactions: BleedingNavy
@wikki match ups are key come playoff time. LCA is a talented squad, so it's going to take a special team to beat them, but it can be done. There are at least three teams in Region A (Lake Taylor, Norcom, Lafayette and maybe Hopewell) that have the defense and athletes to play with LCA. One "Phantom" team is quite a bit better right now. Time will tell. A win is a win no matter the score.

"This is my group, and I'll battle with them any night of the week. I'll get in a foxhole with them every day of the week. I'm proud of the kids from Heritage, who are from within a 15-mile radius [of the school]. We play with our kids."

Brad Bradley
quoted from news and advance

LOVE IT!

Shots fired! I am not a LCA basher, but I am a bit concerned about allegations (not saying they are facts) that Liberty has players on the roster who are living with host families. If this is true do the host families have legal custody of the said child? If not and the allegations are true then we clearly have violation(s). I realize LCA has a plethora of attorneys and the public school system (VHSL) cannot afford to fight them, but fair is fair. I can only speak for the school systems I work closely with now or have in the past (Hopewell, Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Prince George, Amelia, Nottoway, Powhatan, Surry, and Sussex). All of the above noted school systems will accept transfer students; however, none will do so without the supervising adult having legal custody. In my opinion this makes things tidy and legal.

On the flip side the people making the allegations (not just coach Bradley) need to start supporting their claims with facts. Lip service and saying "I know they cheat" is all well and dandy; however it's just talk. If you truly know something force compliance by reporting the facts to the VHSL. "Cheaters" always get caught and if LCA is guilty shame on them. If not play on!

Last edited:
Shots fired! I am not a LCA basher, but I am a bit concerned about allegations (not saying they are facts) that Liberty has players on the roster who are living with host families. If this is true do the host families have legal custody of the said child? If not and the allegations are true then we clearly have violation(s). I realize LCA has a plethora of attorneys and the public school system (VHSL) cannot afford to fight them, but fair is fair. I can only speak for the school systems I work closely with now or have in the past (Hopewell, Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Prince George, Amelia, Nottoway, Powhatan, Surry, and Sussex). All of the above noted school systems will accept transfer students; however, none will do so without the supervising adult having legal custody. In my opinion this makes things tidy and legal.

On the flip side the people making the allegations (not just coach Bradley) need to start supporting their claims with facts. Lip service and saying "I know they cheat" is all well and dandy; however it's just talk. If you truly know something force compliance by reporting the facts to the VHSL. "Cheaters" always get caught and if LCA is guilty shame on them. If not play on!
I don’t think it’s as much about cheating. It’s about they can go out and get whoever from wherever if they really wanted to.

I don’t think it’s as much about cheating. It’s about they can go out and get whoever from wherever if they really wanted to.
I apologize, but I am a bit confused. Are you saying LCA can accept players from all over the area? I thought they were forbidden to do so???? If that's the case then every school should be able to do so. That creates quite of an unfair advantage.

I know for a fact that two kids sat in my fourth grade classroom that transferred to LCA in Middle school and "reclassified".../...failed to gain an extra year of eligibility for high school sports.
Now that may be legal, I'm not 100% sure but it sure is reaching.

Bingo! They have no restrictions on where a kid can come from. Lynchburg, Amherst, Campbell Co, Appomattox, Bedford Co. , Pittsylvania Co,.... If someone is willing to drive them to LCA or to where an LCA bus picks up in these counties, or the kids just drive themselves they can play.

I'll also add that I LOVE what the school stands for, a Christian education. But the sports should be private league.

Bingo! They have no restrictions on where a kid can come from. Lynchburg, Amherst, Campbell Co, Appomattox, Bedford Co. , Pittsylvania Co,.... If someone is willing to drive them to LCA or to where an LCA bus picks up in these counties, or the kids just drive themselves they can play.

I'll also add that I LOVE what the school stands for, a Christian education. But the sports should be private league.
You can add Florida and Nigeria to your list Bo.

If you are referring to the Davidson brothers, they are from Ghana, not Nigeria. Two completely different countries and cultures but good try. They have also been in the U.S. since they were toddlers and enrolled at LCA since elementary school.

I was cheering for Heritage and I graduated from LCA 30 years ago. Of course they're completely different than when I went there. It was Lynchburg Christian Academy, the school was on Thomas Rd, and they played military/private schools (occasionally a small PS) If LCA is going to play by their own rules, then they should be removed from the VHSL or at least have to play in C5 or C6. At this point, verify the rumors and allegations, take them to the VHSL, or just quit talking and figure out how to beat them. Heritage did a hell of a job last night. LCA can be beat.

LCA as a private school challenged the VHSL to become a member. Certain rules and regulations were agreed to that would "hopefully" level the playing field to the private school advantages LCA enjoyed. ALL parties need to be sure the rules as drafted are still being followed and, just as importantly, are actually accomplishing the original objectives. I am not sure what further remedies might exist if either goal is not being met.

If you are referring to the Davidson brothers, they are from Ghana, not Nigeria. Two completely different countries and cultures but good try. They have also been in the U.S. since they were toddlers and enrolled at LCA since elementary school.
My bad Vol I had been told on two different occasions Caleb and Gideon were from Nigeria.

I was cheering for Heritage and I graduated from LCA 30 years ago. Of course they're completely different than when I went there. It was Lynchburg Christian Academy, the school was on Thomas Rd, and they played military/private schools (occasionally a small PS) If LCA is going to play by their own rules, then they should be removed from the VHSL or at least have to play in C5 or C6. At this point, verify the rumors and allegations, take them to the VHSL, or just quit talking and figure out how to beat them. Heritage did a hell of a job last night. LCA can be beat.
True. That said, not sure anyone quite has the appetite for LCA's deep pockets and threats of litigation the moment they aren't getting what they want. I guess for me personally(my family too went to LCA way back when) I would have hoped for them to practice what they preach all over town. And boy do they. Their billboards are everywhere and all messaging centers around being "distinctly Christian", "set apart", "held to a higher standard", "to whom much is given bla bla bla". So I guess everyone's assumption is that LCA would operate according to their own explicitly stated purpose and values, but that's just not the case.

True. That said, not sure anyone quite has the appetite for LCA's deep pockets and threats of litigation the moment they aren't getting what they want. I guess for me personally(my family too went to LCA way back when) I would have hoped for them to practice what they preach all over town. And boy do they. Their billboards are everywhere and all messaging centers around being "distinctly Christian", "set apart", "held to a higher standard", "to whom much is given bla bla bla". So I guess everyone's assumption is that LCA would operate according to their own explicitly stated purpose and values, but that's just not the case.
I don't have any firsthand knowledge of what they're doing, but a Christian school should be following the rules they agreed to for admission into the VHSL.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge of what they're doing, but a Christian school should be following the rules they agreed to for admission into the VHSL.
I think Falwell Jr just poisoned the whole damn administration. They said good riddance to him, but they still embrace a philosophy of the end justifies the means.

It doesn't matter, they have deep pockets and the VHSL wouldn't do anything. Many coaches and fans in the Seminole are not fans.

LCA follows VHSL rules, probably better than any school.
Someone should ask Bradley about having players at Wm Campbell who lived in Lynchburg. As for 15 mile radius of HHS, I believe that 15 miles extend into Rustburg, Brookville, Amherst, Forest and EC Glass school zones.

LCA follows VHSL rules, probably better than any school.
Someone should ask Bradley about having players at Wm Campbell who lived in Lynchburg. As for 15 mile radius of HHS, I believe that 15 miles extend into Rustburg, Brookville, Amherst, Forest and EC Glass school zones.
They don’t actually. I heard about Bradley as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT