ADVERTISEMENT

No supersites this year

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
I see all games in 4A will be held at Salem civic center and each group has a location.
6A Robinson HS/Lake Braddock HS
5A Hampton university
4A Salem CC
3A VCU
2A JMU
1A Va High

Unfair to teams to the teams in the 757. Roanoke/Salem is 3 and a half hours from here in Richmond. Almost like playing the 5a tournament in Danville. It makes no sense geographically. University Hall in Charlottesville, William and Mary Hall, Lynchburg College, Longwood, all better alternatives.

Reactions: OCBoy
Charlottesville might seem a bit expensive but that is centrally located and University Hall isn't being used at all basically
VHSL logic= let's play the games on Mars...Seriously, I'm just waiting until they start charging $15 a session so I can officially stop going lol.. IMO they're backwards as ever. The Roanoke/Lynchburg area is 3a heavy, but 3a is in Richmond and not Salem...Fleming (and I'm going out on a limb saying Fleming will even make it) may be the only team within an hour and 15 minute from the Salem Civic Center that will play in the 4a state quarters and semi's. I've never complained when GW had to go to Richmond or Norfolk but this is atrocious!!!

Reactions: AntGZee and OCBoy
Take Louisa or EV for example and say they make the state playoffs. Well they would play on Friday the 3rd and if they were to win would have to turn around and play Saturday same location.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
D2/3 and 4 should all be at Liberty University. D1 at Salem. D5/6 in Charlottesville.

VHSL doesn't have a clue on how to run a post season tournament in any sport.

D2/3 and 4 should all be at Liberty University. D1 at Salem. D5/6 in Charlottesville.

VHSL doesn't have a clue on how to run a post season tournament in any sport.
In NC they have two super sites. All of the West teams play in Winston Salem (or Greensboro I forget) and all of the east teams play in Fayetteville. VHSL needs to adopt something like this. It's ridiculous how bad they are. No common sense!

Reactions: AntGZee
VHSL, these people are supposed to be the smart ones. Their choices of sites are dubious at best. It makes no sense to have 1A all the way in Bristol..2A in Harrisonburg. Pure Ridiculousness.

I see all games in 4A will be held at Salem civic center and each group has a location.
6A Robinson HS/Lake Braddock HS
5A Hampton university
4A Salem CC
3A VCU
2A JMU
1A Va High
Where did you get this information because I am hearing different

VHSL, these people are supposed to be the smart ones. Their choices of sites are dubious at best. It makes no sense to have 1A all the way in Bristol..2A in Harrisonburg. Pure Ridiculousness.
In deed it is. Seems to me 1a and 2a should be in Salem, 3a and 4a rotate between Richmond, Williamsburg, and Charlottesville , and 5a and 6a rotate between the 757, Richmond and Northern VA. It's a shame for a team like Lake Taylor or Loudoun Valley to win all these games and play 4+ hours away. Same for the 2a teams. Martinsville and Harrisonburg is a hump and I feel even worst for Gate City.

Reactions: AntGZee
Fans should boycott games. Send a message to vhsl. Also several thousand should go to VHSL headquarters in Charlottesville and protest.

The six-classification system really hurt the basketball tournament. This is the fifth different state tournament format in five years and next year it will be different again with four regions per class.

The quarterfinal/semifinal sites are scheduled to rotate annually, the rotation for 2017-2023 is here:
http://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/vhsl/...b-2017-state-basketball-tournament-format.pdf

I'm sure the 2020 5A quarterfinals at JMU will be a packed house.

The six-classification system really hurt the basketball tournament. This is the fifth different state tournament format in five years and next year it will be different again with four regions per class.

The quarterfinal/semifinal sites are scheduled to rotate annually, the rotation for 2017-2023 is here:
http://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/vhsl/...b-2017-state-basketball-tournament-format.pdf

I'm sure the 2020 5A quarterfinals at JMU will be a packed house.
What would possess them to put 5a in Harrisonburg? I agree 10000000%. Six classifications was the death of high school basketball tournament.

Why is VHSL so bad ? All Principals and ADs have at least a Master's Degree in something. If they are not smart enough to run a Tournament, contract it out to someone who is. I think the problem may be there are too many people making decisions, and trying to please certain districts/regions, etc.

Pure and simple. I like how it was back in the old days. You either had a centrally located site or home court was awarded to the top seed. You win your region then you hosted the loser of the other region at the super site nearest to you (Salem, Wise, ODU/W&M, VCU, JMU, or Robinson)..If you win that then you go to Richmond, if not you go home. Make it 3 classifications again and have Single A girls and boys play on Friday night and let the rest AA and AAA (girls and boys) play that Saturday for the ship starting at 2, 4, 6, and the last game (AAA and AA boys could rotate yearly) at 8. The VHSL has what 10/11 sessions now??? It's ridiculous!!! Too many champions. Between girls and boys there are 12 state champs. Waaaaaaay too many. Same for football. You can hold 3 state championships at a venue in a day... They do it in NC. A start at 11, AA 4, and AAA 7. Could even rotate it yearly! Liberty, ODU, UR and Salem could still host. A lot ways to make things better.

I liked it better when they had real tournaments, none of this high seed host bull ____.
Play all games at a neutral site. no high school team should play on their home court come post season, except maybe for a play-in game between the 2 lowest seeds.

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT