ADVERTISEMENT

Norcom @ Phoebus 3A

Who wins?

• Phoebus

• Norcom

Results are only viewable after voting.
Norcom is a different team from earlier in the season, they are healthy have a relentless defense and D1 talent all over the field with Taurus Jones, Casaan Dixon and Antwaun Powell-Ryland

Norcom is a different team from earlier in the season, they are healthy have a relentless defense and D1 talent all over the field with Taurus Jones, Casaan Dixon and Antwaun Powell-Ryland
How many were they missing in the first game? Surprises me to see people pick them but I admittedly don’t know much other than Phoebus legacy and earlier season results.

Norcom is a different team with those guys that you mentioned and don't forget to add Demonte Dunlap the speedy sophomore running back. Dunlap is the fastest kid I've seen with the football this year. Phoebus is also stacked with talent, Barry Hargraves is a receiver that is comparable to Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward in that he is a bigger than usual sure handed kid that is faster than you may imagine him being. Chris Daniels is a dual threat quarterback and Anthony Turner as emerged as the go to back in their traditional run base offense. On defense Latrelle Smith is a good defensive back and Austin Gilliam is their best defensive lineman.

I must admit that I am very nervous about this matchup for Phoebus. Norcom is peaking at the right time and I believe my Phantoms have taken a slight step backwards the past couple of weeks. Both teams have athletes across the field but I think it's going to come down to execution and at this moment Norcom is executing at a higher level especially defensively. This is a very hard game to gauge because while Norcom is playing at a higher level, Phoebus is still more than capable of raising their level of play to win this one. The second thing that concerns me is that I believe that Phoebus was really expecting to play Hopewell and that in itself can cause a lack of focus this week. Norcom is a totally different beast than they were early in the season and Phoebus better be up for the task and I believe they will. This game is a tough one to gauge.

Norcom is fast and athletic, they believe in what they do it and won't deviate from it. Phoebus matches up well with Norcom and it should turn out to be a very good ball game, similar to the 2011 contest between these two teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT