ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland moves to 4-0! Almost blew huge lead...

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Congrats to the Indians on starting the season 4-0! This is one of the best starts in many years for NHS! Enjoy it for one day.

However, unless some massive issues are fixed, trouble is on the horizon in the form of Trinity Episcopal and Essex (both of those teams are very, very good). A couple other NND teams' representatives were at game tonight.

Stars for NHS were Delvin Palmer, Ray Ball, Jason Smith, Christian Headley and the D line did well.

For Middlesex Raquan Marshall was great (I think he had all three TDs).

Northumberland started slow, got huge pick 6 from Ball, and later should have cruised to victory.

It was 23-7 Indians up with the ball in the 4th quarter and it was just some plain head scratching blunders made by NHS and they almost gave the game away, it was very odd. Anyway Jason Smith made a pic at the end to save NHS from a shocking defeat.

NHS needs to practice really hard this week with two powers coming. I'll just mention three things:

1) wow, I have never seen so many bad snaps, over and under to the side, some good snaps were dropped by the NHS QBs. Besides stalling drives, poor snaps led to like two tds for Middlesex. I counted like 6 poor QB/center exchanges on one drive alone. Need timing and precision, non stop reps. Maybe, get under center and hand off some.

2) utilize all the skill players more, like Ray Ball.

3) More Intensity needed!!!! Gotta get fired up cause the next two opponents will be bringing it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT