ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland QB Mason Adams stats

It appears the loss of Mr Palmer to graduation may not impact this Northumberland team as much as some expected. Good for them and Mason Adams. The district play in the neck is shaping up to be brutal with all of the teams having a claim to the throne.

Reactions: MGF and uvacavs1
It appears the loss of Mr Palmer to graduation may not impact this Northumberland team as much as some expected. Good for them and Mason Adams. The district play in the neck is shaping up to be brutal with all of the teams having a claim to the throne.

Well said...

I'll just add this....two different NHS freshman have scored 8 TDs (rushing and receiving) combined already. One of them only played in one of the games so far....

A sophomore has rushed for over 200 yards already and at least 2 TDs and so on....

Reactions: MGF
NHS Coach Lewis and staff have a month to get the D ready (and continue to sharpen these Offensive weapons) to do battle with the Neck.

Discipline, Organization, constant Repetitions in plays, calls, and line movements, and finding the perfect people for each spot.....

Don't forget special teams - perfection must be the goal. NHS has one of the best kickers in all of Class 1 in Harry "The General" Lee.

The Neck may come down to a Lee Field Goal.

Well said...

I'll just add this....two different NHS freshman have scored 8 TDs (rushing and receiving) combined already. One of them only played in one of the games so far....

A sophomore has rushed for over 200 yards already and at least 2 TDs and so on....

Coach Aaron Lewis was very high on his offense. Told us in the preseason, "We are complete this year. We are bigger, faster, stronger. About 6 players who can take it to house at anytime. Offensive line is bigger, stronger and better. Excellent skill guys, plus a great QB who knows how to get them the ball."

Based on the early results, would say that was spot on.

Northumberland's first true test will be Buckingham in a few weeks. I would dare say when they get to that game their previous 4 opponents will have a combined 1 (maybe 2) victories

Reactions: MGF and Baseball215
Yes, October 4th with 2A Buckingham coming to the Neck has been circled on the calendar since the schedule was released.

With Buckingham already whipping powerhouse Appomattox this year, looks to be an even more intriguing match up. We will all know how good or not NHS is after that contest.

Then Essex and all the NND powers in a row.

Reactions: MGF and WP02alum
Great Stats, Mathews next so I'm sure some impressive numbers will be put up in that game as well

Thank you! I agree with you.

I'm sure some impressive offensive numbers will be put up in most every game Northumberland plays this year....

Adams is putting up ridiculous numbers and the guys on O look like they are having fun. Keep focusing on the little things (and some not so little things) and they will be a more complete team down the stretch. Until then ride the offense and make your opponents have to play out of character.

They have to win the next six of eight Mathews (W), @Bruton (??), Buckingham (L), @Essex (L), @Washington & Lee (L), @Colonial Beach (L), Rappahannock (L), Lancaster (W). I will give the Indians 4 or 5 wins just my opinion. Mason is good but doesn't have O-line & D-line to beat the good teams.

Adams is putting up ridiculous numbers and the guys on O look like they are having fun. Keep focusing on the little things (and some not so little things) and they will be a more complete team down the stretch. Until then ride the offense and make your opponents have to play out of character.

Exactly.

"Make your opponents HAVE to play out of character...."

There is a certain possible opponent down the road that someone from the Neck will have to face.....and there is only one way to have a chance to defeat them.

They have to win the next six of eight Mathews (W), @Bruton (??), Buckingham (L), @Essex (L), @Washington & Lee (L), @Colonial Beach (L), Rappahannock (L), Lancaster (W). I will give the Indians 4 or 5 wins just my opinion. Mason is good but doesn't have O-line & D-line to beat the good teams.

hmmm....interesting opinion.

I guess that we will find out soon enough.

Coach Lewis, his staff, and players do have lots of work still to do but I am fairly confident that Northumberland will win more than 4 games lol.

A lot of Ls in there. Wanna provide some score predictions? Agree that they have work to do and starting off with a 'soft' schedule will go a long way in helping them figure things out with a young defense. But when one of the best players in the district touches the ball every down on O.... well that's why they play the game. Last year weather was the best hope for some teams to slow the Indians down and mother nature helped them out there. One game at a time. That's my prediction.

NU over Mathews by 23
NU over Bruton by 17
Buckingham over NU by 40
Essex over NU by 33
W&L over NU by 28
CB over NU by 23
Rapp over NU by 31
NU over Lancaster by 37

There some predictions for you. They mean nothing. Any team can have injuries and what not and at this level one injury can devastate a team.

NU over Mathews by 23
NU over Bruton by 17
Buckingham over NU by 40
Essex over NU by 33
W&L over NU by 28
CB over NU by 23
Rapp over NU by 31
NU over Lancaster by 37

There some predictions for you. They mean nothing. Any team can have injuries and what not and at this level one injury can devastate a team.

Interesting.....Are you implying that certain teams will intentionally try to injure and take out the star players for Northumberland Football?

Exactly.

There is a certain possible opponent down the road that someone from the Neck will have to face.....and there is only one way to have a chance to defeat them.
If you are speaking of Riverheads you will never get them to play out of character. Seen them win state game 63-49 and threw ball once

Exactly.

@uvacavs1, I was typing as @Baseball215 was replying. If this is a reference to Riverheads there is zero chance the Gladiators come out and start throwing the ball around. You will have to stop the Casto version of the Winged-T for 48 minutes. If you do that enough and score when you possess it, you will win. Its just that simple. AS Casto has said it in several interviews, " If you can stop us, you will win. If not its going to be a long day".

Mr Adams and company have put up some good numbers and as good as the Northumberland Offense is, I doubt they are miles ahead of the Glenvar team that was just faced. I will give the credit due that Northumberland is dangerous and certainly has put up great numbers Offensively. Defensively, I personally don't think they have been tested yet and if that is a weak spot they have time to correct it. The NNK district gauntlet will prepare whoever comes out to face anyone in the state.

Again kudos to the Indians on the hot start.

Reactions: uvacavs1
Yes, October 4th with 2A Buckingham coming to the Neck has been circled on the calendar since the schedule was released.

With Buckingham already whipping powerhouse Appomattox this year, looks to be an even more intriguing match up. We will all know how good or not NHS is after that contest.

Then Essex and all the NND powers in a row.

I believe I read after the Buckingham Appomattox game that one of their best players (maybe best, maybe RB???) got injured and will miss a huge chunk of year if not the rest of season

NU over Mathews by 23
NU over Bruton by 17
Buckingham over NU by 40
Essex over NU by 33
W&L over NU by 28
CB over NU by 23
Rapp over NU by 31
NU over Lancaster by 37

I don't know the talent level/roster depth of the other teams to predict any score. I do know all you need is a solid QB and a couple of playmakers to put points on the board. The most difficult task in HS football is to defend a reliable passing attack and a QB that is a threat to run the ball. The Indians are not 1 dimensional on O. We will see week to week if I am over or underestimating their ability to score. Your prediction of them losing 5 games straight by a total of about 22 TDs seems like you are just not a fan.

Reactions: uvacavs1
If you are speaking of Riverheads you will never get them to play out of character. Seen them win state game 63-49 and threw ball once
Just to add the other team threw the ball all over field and I believe they hold a couple records in that regard. If you are going to beat Riverheads your front 7 has got to beat the o-line.

Northumberland's defense is there down fall. Aaron Lewis is doing great things with the offense and has built a great staff around him. Not getting into details but if a certain change doesn't get done their is no fixing the defense.
Looking at the weeks to come barring injury Mathews, and Lancaster should be for sure wins and Bruton should be a win. Colonial beach and w&l are toss ups in my opinion. I really don't think Northumberland has anything for rapp or Essex as they are both well rounded teams. I don't know much about Buckingham to make a prediction.

Reactions: MGF and uvacavs1
@uvacavs1, I was typing as @Baseball215 was replying. If this is a reference to Riverheads there is zero chance the Gladiators come out and start throwing the ball around. You will have to stop the Casto version of the Winged-T for 48 minutes. If you do that enough and score when you possess it, you will win. Its just that simple. AS Casto has said it in several interviews, " If you can stop us, you will win. If not its going to be a long day".

Mr Adams and company have put up some good numbers and as good as the Northumberland Offense is, I doubt they are miles ahead of the Glenvar team that was just faced. I will give the credit due that Northumberland is dangerous and certainly has put up great numbers Offensively. Defensively, I personally don't think they have been tested yet and if that is a weak spot they have time to correct it. The NNK district gauntlet will prepare whoever comes out to face anyone in the state.

Thanks for the kudos for NHS!

Coach Lewis and his kids over the last few years have done quite well in changing the culture from one of - we have no chance against the good teams to now expecting to win or at least have a good shot in every game they play.

The fact that others still expect NHS to be the old NHS just makes it even more fun.

Oh....I certainly agree that Riverheads will never come out throwing the ball and will resist any changes as long as possible.

NU over Mathews by 23
NU over Bruton by 17
Buckingham over NU by 40
Essex over NU by 33
W&L over NU by 28
CB over NU by 23
Rapp over NU by 31
NU over Lancaster by 37

Oh...I see...you may be one of those West Point guys.

WP has got the powerful Rappahannock Raiders coming to town tonight. Could be a rough one for WP depending on how long the RHS starters stay in. Running clock....

Well, I am not sure if your predictions about NHS will come true, but as for mine tonight, you can go ahead and write that down.

I'll say this about Buckingham, Head Coach Seth Wilkerson may be one of if not the best defensive strategist in 2A. In his last game as DC back in 2015, the Knights went toe to toe and held the very powerful John Luke Asbury and the Richlands high powered passing attack in check for the most part. Last season the Knights held the leading passer in the region to 82 yards total. In all other games he averaged 213 and so far this year he's averaging 290 a game. The injured back? Was one of 3 RB's to go over 100 yards against the Raiders. October 4 should be a heck of a game.

I'll say this about Buckingham, Head Coach Seth Wilkerson may be one of if not the best defensive strategist in 2A. In his last game as DC back in 2015, the Knights went toe to toe and held the very powerful John Luke Asbury and the Richlands high powered passing attack in check for the most part. Last season the Knights held the leading passer in the region to 82 yards total. In all other games he averaged 213 and so far this year he's averaging 290 a game. The injured back? Was one of 3 RB's to go over 100 yards against the Raiders. October 4 should be a heck of a game.

Awesome! I hope that NHS will be up to the challenge by then.

Best wishes to Buckingham this season. Congrats on your recent big victory.

Wow, y'all got another power in Goochland coming up.

I'll never forget the beating Goochland gave Essex in Salem several years ago.

Essex had one of the best passing attacks ever seen in all of Virginia football. It made no difference compared to the discipline, toughness, and structure of Goochland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT