ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland v West Point scrimmage...

Just to put my two cents worth which doesn’t amount to a lot but I don’t believe our head coach goes to many games to scout much less a scrimmage that’s what he has assistance to do during the regular season they are playing so someone else goes and scouts he has got to be able to trust that coach now if it is late in year and we play on Friday and we play the winner of a game Saturday I put money he is there plus everybody else plus they get a couple game tapes first part of week and most times they are exchanged at the game we are scouting

^^ seems reasonable IMO

And again, MGF having an axe to grind doesn’t change the facts he’s presenting. It’s a bad look for Mr. Lawson at WP.

Reactions: MGF
MGF maybe you should worry about CC instead of WP. If you care so much about whats going on in WP you should of stayed there instead of ranting 4 straight post in a row like you have something to prove. If i had a son playing D3 football I might wanna go watch him play instead of talking about a school that I'm not apart of anymore but instead you wanna beat a dead horse. Leave it in the past and move forward quit worring about a team that you dont have a kid on and worry about his team. Makes you look like more of a you know what

MGF’s son isn’t playing D3, he’s at Christchurch. Lawson’s son is playing D3. The above makes it seem like you don’t understand the scenario. Maybe you just mis-typed?

I didn't miss type. I understand the situation at hand. Maybe you just miss read or missed interpreted. You guys have made it clear what's going on in WP. I just said IF i had a son @ D3 playing football I'd wanna see him play. I'm sure MGF will understand next year when his son playing on Saturday's. It's time to let it go folks, move on nothing to see here! Best of luck to WP and to the kid @ CC he's a very talented young man with a bright future.

I didn't miss type. I understand the situation at hand. Maybe you just miss read or missed interpreted. You guys have made it clear what's going on in WP. I just said IF i had a son @ D3 playing football I'd wanna see him play. I'm sure MGF will understand next year when his son playing on Saturday's. It's time to let it go folks, move on nothing to see here! Best of luck to WP and to the kid @ CC he's a very talented young man with a bright future.

Did you even re-read your post? This sentence doesn’t make sense. Parentheses added to help you work through it.

“If i had a son playing D3 football (Lawson) I might wanna go watch him play (Lawson) instead of talking about a school that I'm not apart of anymore (MGF?) but instead you wanna beat a dead horse.”

It’s unclear at best. I’m going to assume you meant Lawson canceling WP’s scrimmage in order to watch his son play D3 is better than MGF coming on here to talk poorly about WP football.

I didn’t have to “miss read” or “missed interpreted” anything. Your post hardly communicated what you were attempting to type.

I can guarantee you no one’s going to “move on” just because you want them to. Understand that on here, even MGF gets to speak his piece regardless of how many people in WP dislike him!

Your beating a dead horse also WP02. Wp is gonna move on without that kid and that kid is gonna move on from WP. Bout yime ya'll do the same. It's over it been over weather you or anyone else says so

Yup. It’s a dead horse despite you not acknowledging your confusing post. Got it.

Smh.........HEY!!ITS ALMOST FRIDAY!!GAMETIME!! Time for the players to take center stage. Good luck to everyone playing!!

Maybe you misread my post. I said if I were the HC, I'd go watch my son play D3 scrimmage on Saturday too. My question was why not just tell the truth that you're not going to honor the scrimmage with Northumberland because you want to go watch your son's college scrimmage on Saturday? As someone already alluded to on this thread--that's what you have assistant coaches for. Why blame it on wet field conditions when you have a practice field and you have assistant coaches? Just tell the truth.

Hope everyone team had a safe and successful opening night and there were no major injuries.Goodluck to everyone next week!!

Maybe you misread my post. I said if I were the HC, I'd go watch my son play D3 scrimmage on Saturday too. My question was why not just tell the truth that you're not going to honor the scrimmage with Northumberland because you want to go watch your son's college scrimmage on Saturday? As someone already alluded to on this thread--that's what you have assistant coaches for. Why blame it on wet field conditions when you have a practice field and you have assistant coaches? Just tell the truth.
MGF were you that kid that everybody picked on in school

MGF were you that kid that everybody picked on in school
Please stay on topic. But no, actually, I’ve been the bully all of my life and I chose a career where I could legally bully all my life. And I’ve already apologized over the years to everyone I’ve bullied, well accept those in another country.

I doubt that MGF will be worrying about seeing his son Saturdays on the field next year. As long as he/dad is acting like LaVar Ball and being a self centered attention hog his son's career could be hindered. When your son is a phenomenal athlete then concentrate on that. Worrying about why coaches avoid a wet field or not is pathetic.

I doubt that MGF will be worrying about seeing his son Saturdays on the field next year. As long as he/dad is acting like LaVar Ball and being a self centered attention hog his son's career could be hindered. When your son is a phenomenal athlete then concentrate on that. Worrying about why coaches avoid a wet field or not is pathetic.

Welcome to the boards, glad you joined today just to post off topic. The post is about why schools are rescheduling to Monday instead of playing on Saturday. Why don't you actually add value to the thread and state why the WP game cannot be played on a Saturday?

Welcome to the boards, glad you joined today just to post off topic. The post is about why schools are rescheduling to Monday instead of playing on Saturday. Why don't you actually add value to the thread and state why the WP game cannot be played on a Saturday?

Technically, and just to add something funny to deescalate this convo, this isnt about when a school is rescheduled to play, its about a scrimmage that never happened haha.

Technically, and just to add something funny to deescalate this convo, this isnt about when a school is rescheduled to play, its about a scrimmage that never happened haha.
You my friend, are technically correct. But the same goes with deciding whether to play a scrimmage on the scheduled Friday, play it on Saturday, or just completely bail. ;-)

Yep I joined today just to post off topic and rebut much of what you have to say. The idea that you feel the need to trash talk WP and it's coaches because of a decision they made really should be of no concern of yours. After all you removed your child from the program . You could care less about the the scrimmage. You are more worried about why the coaches didn't scout a game that happened to be at the school your child now plays for. Move on and be more concerned about scouting for the seahorses.

If MGF is so mis-guided and wrong. Why do so many continue to respond? Could it be that there is more truth in his words than they would like to admit?

Reactions: WP02alum
Nope. We respond because the idea of someone poking and prodding at our football program for their own self absorbed gain is irritating. When an "adult" throws a tantrum and says they won't play anymore, because at some point their feelings got hurt, then you feel the need to speak up and even the playing field.

It’s very “West Point” to allude to something rather than just saying what those issues are with that person. I appreciate him posting on here because he is very direct even if he has an ulterior motive. In my opinion, those who want to refute him or balance the scales need to be just as direct.

Reactions: deffenbaugh
I thought I have been pretty direct? I don't believe I have alluded to anything. How can one be direct and yet have an ulterior motive?

He states his concerns specifically and he’s typically very accurate. That’s him being direct.

His reasons for bringing it up may be to make a guy or group of people that he personally dislikes look bad. That’s an ulterior motive.

Both direct & with an ulterior motive.

You on the other hand just attacked his choice to care about WP’s football program and voice his opinion. Why can’t he voice his opinion? Is he lying? What are his lies? That’s how YOU can be more direct.

Why would the people at ChristChurch even want to deal with a "Lavar Ball" type parent?
More importantly/curiously. How could/would his Saturday career be hindered?

I'm not sure if you realize that LaVar Ball is the father of 3 basketball players. He has made it his goal to take the spotlight and cast a huge cloud over his son's. In doing so many programs don't want to be associated with someone like that, which leads to negative press to where his sons may play. MGF is doing this himself. Sometimes a superb athlete can be oberlooked if there is too much drama in the wings. MGF may say what he wants about WP football, that's his prerogative. To call out the coach and his assistants on their choice of scouting is really none of his business. As far as being direct, well yes. He gave what seems to be an accurate account of which kid is playing this year and what they bring to the game. What makes it senseless is that he opted to pull his son from the program because he doesn't like the new HC. That's fine , but when you pull out of the program and try to point the blame towards everybody else then quit delving into their business.

I'm not sure if you realize that LaVar Ball is the father of 3 basketball players. He has made it his goal to take the spotlight and cast a huge cloud over his son's. In doing so many programs don't want to be associated with someone like that, which leads to negative press to where his sons may play. MGF is doing this himself. Sometimes a superb athlete can be oberlooked if there is too much drama in the wings. MGF may say what he wants about WP football, that's his prerogative. To call out the coach and his assistants on their choice of scouting is really none of his business. As far as being direct, well yes. He gave what seems to be an accurate account of which kid is playing this year and what they bring to the game. What makes it senseless is that he opted to pull his son from the program because he doesn't like the new HC. That's fine , but when you pull out of the program and try to point the blame towards everybody else then quit delving into their business.

Not getting into him being right or wrong, but there is a big difference I see in Lavar and him: Lavar is in the spotlight and people know who he is. 99.9% of people don't know who MGF is. It seems like a few on here associated with WP do, but that doesn't mean others do, or that he acts like that outside of this forum.

I'd be willing to bet that HIS behavior on a high school sports forum won't effect his KIDs future.

Ok, so we’re getting somewhere. You don’t want him saying things about WP coaches because it’s “none of his business”. Well, he’s explained that he chooses to make it his business as a WP taxpayer and former coach of some kids in the program. Sounds reasonable to me.

Perhaps you would better balance the scales (as you said is your goal) by attacking the content of his statements, rather than attacking him personally. It’s very well-understood by regulars on this board that you are not alone in disliking him. Seems like most of the town doesn’t like him despite his kid being talented, well-rounded & well-liked.

I guess I’m saying for me, more & more brand new WP posters coming out to attack him doesn’t make me think his statements are wrong.

Reactions: MGF and deffenbaugh
Not getting into him being right or wrong, but there is a big difference I see in Lavar and him: Lavar is in the spotlight and people know who he is. 99.9% of people don't know who MGF is. It seems like a few on here associated with WP do, but that doesn't mean others do, or that he acts like that outside of this forum.

I'd be willing to bet that HIS behavior on a high school sports forum won't effect his KIDs future.

Picking up on your point. Regardless of where one stands on MGF, I agree there is almost zero chance his comments or "behavior" here have any impact on the potential recruiting process. UNLESS some offended party goes out of their way to make it an issue outside of this forum.

Reactions: MGF and WP02alum
Best quote from the other thread: “I’ll stop when you stop.”

This is the brain of the person we’re talking to. Oh well.

Reactions: MGF and deffenbaugh

As stated earlier, there are previous posts that thoroughly explained why my son would not play for the current HC. It’s common knowledge in WP why he wouldn’t, but we’re at the point where you just need to go ask the administration yourself, who knew at the end of his sophomore season that he would not play for WP if they hired the current HC.

I supported my son’s decision and found him a better place to play.

But what a HC says in a private conversation with a college recruiter will negatively effect my son’s future. And that my friend is what made my son’s decision easy and itvwas based on the overt animosity this HC has against my son. And that is no secret in WP either. Lots of people on here know, but are remaining silent.

I seriously doubt that any of the staff would say anything negative about a player to any recruiter. Perhaps the drama that seems to come with the parent may be more of an impact. That's just an observation. I'm not privy to all of the facts, or at least that's what some say.

I'll retract my last statement. No college is gonna be bothered by small town antics when the player brings talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT