ADVERTISEMENT

Now its official, we can now discuss "THE GAME"

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
With both Stuarts Draft and Riverheads picking up fairly easy victories tonight, we now have the matchup we have all been waiting for and anticipating. The Gladiators from Riverheads at 9-0 traveling to the Cougars from Stuarts Draft at 9-0. Will be one of the biggest regular season matchups in this area in a LONG TIME. Could have major seeding implications for both teams in playoffs as if my math is correct (which is could be wrong) with wins both would be #1 seed in their respective playoffs, while a loss for either may drop them to 2nd (I know this for Stuarts Draft as I think my math showed nobody besides Central Woodstock could pass them, but with their loss tonight, the boys from CW cannot pass them now. So, what does everyone expect for this huge game?

I put on 1A and 2A since teams are in both

Draft has too much speed on the defense. Casto is going to need to do something different for this game. I'm anxious to see what he draws up.

I will agree with you about Draft having the speed advantage but I doubt that Coach Casto will vary far from the formula. I think it's a race to 20, and as others have mentioned I don't see either team giving up a lot of points in this one. Should be a good one for sure.

Reactions: naildriver91
Pretty familiar with Stuarts Draft. I think it will be a close game in the beginning but in the end I believe their speed will be way too much for Riverheads. Coach Floyd has those boys playing real football and they are young.
Draft 38
Riverheads 24

This game will kill Draft , W or L . Its their Super Bowl . 2A Draft vs 1A RHS . If they win it will drain them of mo going into the playoffs . If they don't , their season will be a failure and mo is gone again . Red Team will treat this game like any other . They will start the post season 9-1 or 10-0 and be focused on each team till its over . They simply have been there done that ! Good luck to the Red Team . GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riverheads has played in more big games than anyone can count over the years. When was the last time Draft had this type of hype and anticipation? You never know how a team will react when the heat gets turned up. Some play better, some freak out and play worse. It will be interesting how the kids from Draft handle it. Drafts speed on defense is a non factor because Riverheads wants to run straight at you. Speed or not it will come down to who likes getting hit in the mouth and who can handle the emotions of the game. Give me Riverheads by 14 or more.

We may have this grand view of this game, and yes it is a HUGE REGULAR SEASON game, but I would imagine both teams are looking at it as just another game. Doesn't determine eithers ultimate goal. I'm just hoping for a great game with no injuries. Good luck to both teams

Reactions: Bama1985
We may have this grand view of this game, and yes it is a HUGE REGULAR SEASON game, but I would imagine both teams are looking at it as just another game. Doesn't determine eithers ultimate goal. I'm just hoping for a great game with no injuries. Good luck to both teams
Good perspective. Draft's playoff seed is pretty much set. Riverheads is going to be #1 or #2. This is about bragging rights and execution. Mentally, I think both teams will be relatively loose and focused. I'm excited.

Last edited:
Draft has too much speed on the defense. Casto is going to need to do something different for this game. I'm anxious to see what he draws up.

You must not be familiar with Riverheads football if you think Casto is going to change what that team does week-in week-out. Casto will line them up, have them play his game, and let the chips fall where they fall. If Riverheads' gameplan and effort can't get the W, then they will take the L from the Cougars and they will move on to the playoffs with a loss under their belt, which will be used as a lesson and motivation moving forward.
Riverheads is involved in these "Game of the Century" every so often. Gap, Wilson, and Draft have had their turns as the rival before, but Riverheads remains the constant. Sometimes those local rivals have gotten the upper hand, but Riverheads plays with a focus for a banner on the wall, not "bragging rights".

With both Stuarts Draft and Riverheads picking up fairly easy victories tonight, we now have the matchup we have all been waiting for and anticipating. The Gladiators from Riverheads at 9-0 traveling to the Cougars from Stuarts Draft at 9-0. Will be one of the biggest regular season matchups in this area in a LONG TIME. Could have major seeding implications for both teams in playoffs as if my math is correct (which is could be wrong) with wins both would be #1 seed in their respective playoffs, while a loss for either may drop them to 2nd (I know this for Stuarts Draft as I think my math showed nobody besides Central Woodstock could pass them, but with their loss tonight, the boys from CW cannot pass them now. So, what does everyone expect for this huge game?

I put on 1A and 2A since teams are in both

I would mind seeing this game If anyone has an IPhone go live and post snippets of the game please

Will this be the biggest crowd that draft has ever had at a game for you old timers with good memories.

Bottom line for Stuarts Draft is if they win, they are the #1 seed and if they lose they are the # 2 seed. Looking like I might make the trip west on 64 for this showdown since Goochland is on the bye this week..... Should be a very good game...

Just so everyone knows, people will not be allowed to put anything in stadium/bleachers before friday, and the gates will be closed from 2 pm until opening at 5:15. There will be pre sale tickets starting tomorrow

Reactions: G-DOG2
Just so everyone knows, people will not be allowed to put anything in stadium/bleachers before friday, and the gates will be closed from 2 pm until opening at 5:15. There will be pre sale tickets starting tomorrow
Heard people talking , they will be in line at 3 pm . on Friday . Parking out on 340 is my guess ?

SD is a better place than most for parking because the three schools are clustered together and all three of their parking lots are within a reasonable distance of the field. But yet I have seen people park out along Augusta Farms Road on game night.

SD is a better place than most for parking because the three schools are clustered together and all three of their parking lots are within a reasonable distance of the field. But yet I have seen people park out along Augusta Farms Road on game night.

I can charge admission to park at my house, not that far away

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT