ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we have schedules how will the Seminole play out?

My pick would be Heritage.
I know Amherst dropped Appomattox. I guess losing to them two years in a row, (butt whoopings) and being down this year, they did not want to take a chance on 0 for 3.

I know Amherst dropped Appomattox. I guess losing to them two years in a row, (butt whoopings) and being down this year, they did not want to take a chance on 0 for 3.
That is not the reason for not re-scheduling them. We also dropped Rockbridge and we beat them pretty soundly.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Just trying to get some fun going.
Although I'm sure playing a 2A school didn't help their points.
What an atmosphere that game was last year. I heard it was their largest crowd ever.

Just trying to get some fun going.
Although I'm sure playing a 2A school didn't help their points.
What an atmosphere that game was last year. I heard it was their largest crowd ever.
It was a great atmosphere and one of the largest crowds ever at Amherst. I just remember the concessions ran out of almost everything and that is rare because we usually have enough for each game. Amherst has always scheduled up. Granted the points do help. Amherst put GW Danville back on the schedule along with Blacksburg for the first time that I remember. I didn't like having Rockbridge on the schedule because the attendance was almost non-existent.

It was a great atmosphere and one of the largest crowds ever at Amherst. I just remember the concessions ran out of almost everything and that is rare because we usually have enough for each game. Amherst has always scheduled up. Granted the points do help. Amherst put GW Danville back on the schedule along with Blacksburg for the first time that I remember. I didn't like having Rockbridge on the schedule because the attendance was almost non-existent.
I just hope their fans support them better than in the past. They are pretty non-existence during games and that is sad

Games the last two years have been packed but it was easy with the team playing and winning.
My worry is people becoming complacent with winning and not rooting the kids on when they feed off the crowds energy.

I just hope their fans support them better than in the past. They are pretty non-existence during games and that is sad
Don't hold your breath on that one. I played on the 2002 championship team and we never had much support that season except when we played Glass (rivalry) and in the state championship game. I remember the stands being bare at best for every regular season game and playoffs. Even when we were 10-1 and hosting Blacksburg for the region championship and a trip to the semi-finals. I guess it's just too many other things for high school football to compete with in the city.

Games the last two years have been packed but it was easy with the team playing and winning.
My worry is people becoming complacent with winning and not rooting the kids on when they feed off the crowds energy.
I'm pretty sure @wikki was referring to the Heritage crowd not Appomattox.

Don't hold your breath on that one. I played on the 2002 championship team and we never had much support that season except when we played Glass (rivalry) and in the state championship game. I remember the stands being bare at best for every regular season game and playoffs. Even when we were 10-1 and hosting Blacksburg for the region championship and a trip to the semi-finals. I guess it's just too many other things for high school football to compete with in the city.
I agree. When Amherst plays at Heritage we always have more fans. If not for the band, it would be empty. The last state game they played in at LU, I was there, Briarwoods had more fans

I know little old Appomattox packed out City Stadium much more than Heritage did last year when they played each other.

I know little old Appomattox packed out City Stadium much more than Heritage did last year when they played each other.

Heritage actually packs them in compared to EC Glass.... There was a Glass-JF game a couple years ago at JF and I'll be there were less than 25 fans total for Glass. (the year before Woody). I felt bad for the players.

Heritage actually packs them in compared to EC Glass.... There was a Glass-JF game a couple years ago at JF and I'll be there were less than 25 fans total for Glass. (the year before Woody). I felt bad for the players.
But Glass has a really good student section

But Glass has a really good student section
For home basketball games they do! I haven't been to a home EC Glass football game in 15 years probably. I went to the Liberty-Heritage playoff game when the Spinner boys and Chris Cooke played and there was hardly anybody on Heritage's side!

Last edited:
For home basketball games they do! I haven't been to a home EC Glass game in 15 years probably. I went to the Liberty-Heritage playoff game when the Spinner boys and Chris Cooke played and there was hardly anybody on Heritage's side!
I always felt bad for the kids at Lake Taylor. Perennial top football team, and even at home they seldom had more than a few hundred fans at the game. Regardless of the reasons, (and Devils explained it well a couple of years ago), I was sad that the kids didn't get the benefit of playing in front of thousands of cheering hometown fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT