ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole District

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Thoughts from Seminole fans on how things play out now that we know a smidge about everyone via preseason? Did Amherst, Heritage, etc. have benefit games? I'm only aware of how LCA's and Brookville's games went. Brookville is a typical stalwart in the upper half of the Seminole, might this year be a step back for them? Will LCA wrest the title away from Heritage? Does Amherst make forward progress under the new staff? If Brookville steps back, who might step up?

I only ask because the River Ridge is frankly boring but the Seminole is highly contested and fun virtually every year.

Reactions: DitkaXX
Thoughts from Seminole fans on how things play out now that we know a smidge about everyone via preseason? Did Amherst, Heritage, etc. have benefit games? I'm only aware of how LCA's and Brookville's games went. Brookville is a typical stalwart in the upper half of the Seminole, might this year be a step back for them? Will LCA wrest the title away from Heritage? Does Amherst make forward progress under the new staff? If Brookville steps back, who might step up?

I only ask because the River Ridge is frankly boring but the Seminole is highly contested and fun virtually every year.
Amherst did not have a benefit game but had a scrimmage last Friday against Orange County who they beat in the playoffs last year. Have no idea how they played.

I still think the Seminole will be competitive within itself, but as a whole, the district will be a step back from previous years.

In terms of last weeks scrimmages and benefits,

Heritage lost to William Fleming 3-0

Brookville lost to Salem(Y’all already know)

JF scrimmaged Lord Botetourt- Watched a little of that, lots of big plays on both sides.

Glass beat Mecklenburg county 20-0

LCA Beat Appo 35-26

I have not seen anything from the others.

These next three to four weeks will say a lot about the Seminole as there are a few big matchups.

I’m looking at
LCA @ Salem
Glass vs Lord Botetourt
Rustburg vs Stuart’s Draft
Glass vs PH
Glass Va GW
GW vs Amherst
Brookville vs PH
Heritage vs Albemarle
Liberty vs William Byrd
JF VS Halifax

Usually Seminole district teams go into District play 3-0 or 2-1. We shall see

I think Brookville will take a step back, maybe 4-6 to 6-4 range? Amherst is the obvious choice to fill that spot, but I've heard Rustburg may have a little something this year. I don't think Rustburg competes for the top 3, (LCA, Heritage, Glass, in some order) but I see them competing for the mid spots with Amherst, JF, and Brookville. Liberty may go winless again.

Rustburg will surprise the casual fans and I believe will be knocking on the door but will be vying for that fourth spot with JF. Glass and HHS have to find a serviceable qb in order to win all the games they are suppose to. LCA would be my pick to win the district, but no one in the district is scared of them. I don’t think Amherst will be improved even with the new hc/staff. Brookville is young in spots and Liberty I hope can win one game but it is looking bleek. If I’m right on any of this I’m going to play the lottery at the end of the season😂

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of Brookville. I know Salem is obviously very strong, but no clue if Brookville is going to be down or Salem is just that much better than everyone. Agree with a lot of what has been said already. I feel like the only certainty is Liberty is going to be bad again. LCA is probably the favorite, but they don't seem invincible like past years. I don't know much about this Heritage team, but you know they will have talent, and it isn't smart to bet against Bradley. Rustburg has a good squad, and can be in contention with anyone in the district. With the exception of LCA, I feel like the Region III Seminole teams have to go 3-0 outside of the Seminole to feel confident in making the playoffs. For the Region IV side, Glass still has to be the favorite, obviously they have a great running back, and I thought they looked solid against HS and Dinwiddie, but I don't know much about their QB. I believe both JF and Amherst return a good amount. I expect it to be similar to last year with no easy W's (except for Liberty), as long as everyone stays healthy. Between the graduations from Heritage and Glass, the new coaching staff at Amherst, seems like there is a lot of unknown going into this season.

Amherst looked awful aganist Orange last week.. It doesn't help our QB\ATH got hurt 2 weeks ago and is out for about 6 weeks..Coach Moore doing a good job so far but discipline and strength will be our downfall this year..Coach has to change the culture before he can move forward..You will see plenty of 9th graders starting by season end I believe.

Amherst looked awful aganist Orange last week.. It doesn't help our QB\ATH got hurt 2 weeks ago and is out for about 6 weeks..Coach Moore doing a good job so far but discipline and strength will be our downfall this year..Coach has to change the culture before he can move forward..You will see plenty of 9th graders starting by season end I believe.
I don't think he would have changed the outcome of your first five games anyway but would be nice for you guys to have him back for Heritage and Brookville, if Amherst makes a move this year that'll be the games they do it in imo.

Reactions: wikki
Geez I heard a player got hurt but wasn’t sure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT