Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
VHSL Ratings were released for 2A... Playoff picture at this moment:

#8 Nandua at #1 Thomas Jefferson
#7 Amelia at #2 Poquoson
#6 John Marshall at #3 Nottoway
#5 Greensville at #4 King William

Feel free to discuss.

Even with that forfeit to York, Poquoson is #2. Saw King William play Warhill and their defense is pretty porus to last long in the playoffs. The game was over by the end of the first Q.

So, with Warhill @ Poquoson Thursday, we should be able to get a comparison between Poquoson and King William. It's not a be all, end all, but should give us some idea about the two teams versus a common opponent. Also, these playoff matchups are going to change multiple times over the next four weeks and based on scores I've seen, if I were a Poquoson fan I would not like a first round matchup with either Amelia or Notttoway.

So, with Warhill @ Poquoson Thursday, we should be able to get a comparison between Poquoson and King William. It's not a be all, end all, but should give us some idea about the two teams versus a common opponent. Also, these playoff matchups are going to change multiple times over the next four weeks and based on scores I've seen, if I were a Poquoson fan I would not like a first round matchup with either Amelia or Notttoway.
With Goochland blanking Amelia 35-0 and Lafayette blanking Goochland 33-0 and Goochland playing Nottoway this Friday with Lafayette playing Poquoson at home in three weeks we should find out a whole lot of who should be nervous of whom.

Poquoson's last three games have been solid and I expect them to play Warhill pretty tough, but I don't see them winning tomorrow night. If the Islander run game gets bottled up, it will be tough sledding for them....

Poquoson always plays better at home, it will be tough. This is a tough call as to who wins. Warhill is 6-0 but the schedule has been until now feather light. Only opponent with a winning team record is a weak KW class 2 team. I saw them play and their defense was small and not fast. Poquoson’s only loss on the field was to unpredictable Tabb and that was due to their passing, something Warhill doesnt do often. This game will show both teams where they really are.

Poquoson always plays better at home, it will be tough. This is a tough call as to who wins. Warhill is 6-0 but the schedule has been until now feather light. Only opponent with a winning team record is a weak KW class 2 team. I saw them play and their defense was small and not fast. Poquoson’s only loss on the field was to unpredictable Tabb and that was due to their passing, something Warhill doesnt do often. This game will show both teams where they really are.

Yep, I glanced at their schedule and wasn't very impressed...for some reason, I thought they had some better wins...I was expecting more from KW. The game tomorrow night should be interesting....

Yep, I glanced at their schedule and wasn't very impressed...for some reason, I thought they had some better wins...I was expecting more from KW. The game tomorrow night should be interesting....
KW has been giving up some big points to teams I barely know. I’m not surprised that they gave up 50+ the other night. I thought they might score more but zero running game, some passing but not the best offensive line to protect the QB and no real speed. Their 14 points was the best they could do from what I saw. They wouldn’t score on Lafayette’s first team D.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Poquoson's last three games have been solid and I expect them to play Warhill pretty tough, but I don't see them winning tomorrow night. If the Islander run game gets bottled up, it will be tough sledding for them....
Be aware Poquoson’s best RB tore his Acl last week against Jamestown. So this game may not be the yard stick we had assumed. Too bad, injuries do have a significant impact on football.

Be aware Poquoson’s best RB tore his Acl last week against Jamestown. So this game may not be the yard stick we had assumed. Too bad, injuries do have a significant impact on football.

I think Green is probably their best back, but the player you're talking about was solid...definitely missed him last night...tough break for the Islanders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT