ADVERTISEMENT

One Play, Three Buckingham Player's to Hospital

Jul 18, 2014
Goochland
BCKnights, please let us know how the players are doing if you here anything.

What normally would be a big celebration and a lot of big smiles was turned into a very somber mood by one play. The play was just like any normal running play but 3 Buckingham players converged to make the tackle and just hit at the wrong place at the right time. All three were put on immobilization boards and taken to MCV. The game had 6 minutes left and it was decided not to finish the game. In a bright spot, the Goochland players after some time, came over to the Buckingham sideline and tried to lift the spirits of the Buckingham players. Both teams consoled each other and they kneeled down for a prayer. Both teams have a lot to be proud of in the way they handled the situation. It really puts football in perspective. IT IS JUST A GAME. Yes everyone on VaPreps loves this game but events like this puts it in perspective. My thoughts and prayers go to the 3 young men and their families.

One player was released last night, and I've heard the other two will be okay. Just a bad concussion. Very scary situation.
BCKnights, please let us know how the players are doing if you here anything.

What normally would be a big celebration and a lot of big smiles was turned into a very somber mood by one play. The play was just like any normal running play but 3 Buckingham players converged to make the tackle and just hit at the wrong place at the right time. All three were put on immobilization boards and taken to MCV. The game had 6 minutes left and it was decided not to finish the game. In a bright spot, the Goochland players after some time, came over to the Buckingham sideline and tried to lift the spirits of the Buckingham players. Both teams consoled each other and they kneeled down for a prayer. Both teams have a lot to be proud of in the way they handled the situation. It really puts football in perspective. IT IS JUST A GAME. Yes everyone on VaPreps loves this game but events like this puts it in perspective. My thoughts and prayers go to the 3 young men and their families.

Scary, so very glad to hear they will be alright ! Thoughts and prayers to them and their families !

Reactions: G-DOG2
We had a moment like this after game with DR. We had a player fall out after the game and taken to hospital. This was after he went up and bumped heads going for INT with another Appo player. When teams shook hands he fell out.

I'm glad to hear the three Bucko players will be ok. This hasn't been a great season for them, but player safety is paramount. While there's a lot of chatter on another thread about classlessness, more often than not, the kids that play this game exhibit tremendous character and class. G-Dog and the Goochland community has my respect. I hope to see you guys in the post season.

Glad to hear that Graves is okay! Good luck the rest of the way to Coach Smith and Appomattox, hopefully we can meet up down the line (hopefully in Salem)!

We had a moment like this after game with DR. We had a player fall out after the game and taken to hospital. This was after he went up and bumped heads going for INT with another Appo player. When teams shook hands he fell out.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT