ADVERTISEMENT

Page Co. 79 Central/Woodstock 67

dwcherb

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 26, 2010
This was another exciting bball game for the Panthers...Central led throughout 1st half, but, Page took their first lead about mid way 3rd qtr...Coach Purdham for Page received a technical which seemed to fire up his team more...both teams traded leads throughout rest of 3rd and mid 4th and Page seemed to take control..mid 4th qtr. a technical was assessed to Asst. Coach for Central..both teams were physical, but seemed the officals lost some control of the game...many missed calls or erroneous calls by all three stripers..can't recall last time I saw technicals given to both teams coaching staff...Central is a very good team with good shooters

It was a highly emotional game. It was best game on docket tonight so I made the trip from Harrisonburg to check it out. I saw Page-Strasburg but haven't seen Central yet.

The big kid for Page was unstoppable down low. Page did a great job exposing the lack of size for Central. They had no answer inside.

Page is very good. What makes them tough is they can still go inside when they aren't shooting well. If they're shooting well - good luck.

I was impressed with Central as well. They were much better than I expected. Good shooters, good guard play, fast paced. Coach Shields has done a good job with a program that hasn't been successful for a long time.

It was a fun game to watch! Two well coached teams, two highly competitive teams, a lot of emotion. It's been a fun season so far!

many missed calls or erroneous calls by all three stripers..can't recall last time I saw technicals given to both teams coaching staff

missed in your opinion I get .. but erroneous? did they mess up a rule?
in your opinion did both staffs earn their T?
some could argue that is great to have both benches hit with a T to show no favortism

Officiating wasn't bad from my view. I don't know what was said from either coach to get the technicals. I thought the technical was on the Central head coach but it sounds like it was on the bench. What's the difference?

Officiating wasn't bad from my view. I don't know what was said from either coach to get the technicals. I thought the technical was on the Central head coach but it sounds like it was on the bench. What's the difference?
Assistant coaches should let the head coach do the talking...Last week at the East Rock tourney, the same assistant was warned by an official and the head coach had to tell him to zip it...I sat near the Central bench and the call in question was a no doubter imo...I just think assistants should let the head coach be the head coach

many missed calls or erroneous calls by all three stripers..can't recall last time I saw technicals given to both teams coaching staff

missed in your opinion I get .. but erroneous? did they mess up a rule?
in your opinion did both staffs earn their T?
some could argue that is great to have both benches hit with a T to show no favortism
There were some calls made that shouldn't had been made and other occasions calls should have been made...really, how many times have you seen both coaching staffs get hit with a T?...and also, after the T was assessed to Page, Page player had been fouled which was the 10th team foul on Central..after Central shot their two T foul shots, it appeared the officials didn't know what to do...Someone who knows the rule better then me please correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Page player shot his two foul shots first, then Central shoot their two T free throws?

Well, either way...it was a good game to watch. I think both of those teams can make some noise this season. They are both fun to watch!

Well, either way...it was a good game to watch. I think both of those teams can make some noise this season. They are both fun to watch!
Very true, very similar in style of play and matchups...both should make some noise come late Feb

Not that it matters, but the final score was actually 79-69.

Technical was on the asst coach for Central

You are correct that Page should have shot the personal fouls prior to Central shooting the technical fouls. Purdham asked them about that and they responded yes.

I like the comment about the "big kid" from Page. Joel is about 6'2-6'3 and all of about 165 lbs, maybe!!!!.....if he's big, wait til you see Dylan Breeden from Madison.....6'5 and about 200-210.

Page has got to learn to slow the game down late and make people foul them. Stop trying to drive and throw up prayer shots.

Breeden is 250 lb and that is before lunch! He carries it well.

I figured he was at least 225 or better. Just didn't want to overdo it in this politically correct world we live in and hurt anyone's feelings LOL. He is a big boy!!!

And yes, in comparison to the frontline of Central, I guess McKay is big. Those guys from Central are beanpoles.

Reactions: white&blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT