ADVERTISEMENT

Page Co. 83/Stuarts Draft 78

dwcherb

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 26, 2010
What started out as a rather low scoring game turned into a barn burner down the stretch...Draft wasn't hitting from the outside at all in the first 1/2 and mid way thru the 4th qtr. Page had built an 18 pt lead, but, then Draft got on fire..#13 in particular was hitting everything he threw up...Page avenges an earlier lost at Draft with the win and depending on the East Rock/Luray game will wind up no lower then #2 in the district...Mike Purdham had to sit this game out also serving his two game suspension...he should be back on the bench friday when Page hosts Buffalo Gap which is also senior night
I guess no fan rides the officials any harder then I do...and even sometimes, I admit I take it to far..however, tonight with three officials, two did a decent job, but the third official(first time I've seen him)was downright terrible...making calls that he was out of position on and seemingly was just terrible..I guess officials can have an off night also, I truly hope this was the case with this one, I hate to think he is that bad all the time

Not the first time that third official has visited PCHS this season. He's "been there, done that" already this season. Wasn't good the first time he came either.

And the actual final score was 82-75.....

I find it funny that you 2 may actually be talking about 2 different guys and thus 2/3 of the officials stunk:D

I find it funny that you 2 may actually be talking about 2 different guys and thus 2/3 of the officials stunk:D

Nope, I'm 100% positive we're talking about the same guy. The other 2 guys are excellent refs and have been at Page many times previously.

I'm pretty sure that unless you are a page fan you probably believe that purdham deserves many more Ts than he gets.

He really is a great high school coach but is a habitual line stepper when it comes to communicating with officials.

You can get away with it at major colleges I wouldn't personally wouldn't put up with it making $50 a game. You can disagree but not act the fool in doing so.

Reactions: AirGordon55
I'm pretty sure that unless you are a page fan you probably believe that purdham deserves many more Ts than he gets.

He really is a great high school coach but is a habitual line stepper when it comes to communicating with officials.

You can get away with it at major colleges I wouldn't personally wouldn't put up with it making $50 a game. You can disagree but not act the fool in doing so.

I'm a Page fan and yeah, he probably does deserve more Ts than he gets. I'll agree to that. He works refs night in and night out. But I also agree that he is a great high school coach that gets the most out of the kids he has. And he'll be the first to tell you that these kids probably don't get a lot of calls in their favor simply because of HIS reputation with the refs. And he lets the refs know that they shouldn't take it out on the kids because of his actions.

I don't have a dog in this fight but my personal opinion on Purdham is that his intensity is one of the major reasons behind their success and that he probably considers the occasional T to be worth it to get his point across to both the players and the officials.

But there are documented cases in sports where a coach's emotions and passion got the better of him and he just went too far. Not saying that he is anywhere near that level, but it has happened.

T
I don't have a dog in this fight but my personal opinion on Purdham is that his intensity is one of the major reasons behind their success and that he probably considers the occasional T to be worth it to get his point across to both the players and the officials.

But there are documented cases in sports where a coach's emotions and passion got the better of him and he just went too far. Not saying that he is anywhere near that level, but it has happened.
The thing about Purdham, off the court he is a low key, mild mannered person, but, he has a passion to win..yes,maybe sometimes his passion gets the best of him, but, he gets the most out of the talent he has...there have been seasons where I didn't think Page would do very well, yet, they were either at the top or near it in District

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT