ADVERTISEMENT

Penalty Administration.................

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I found this odd in a game last night: Team A runs no huddle offense, Team B substitutes. A snaps player as B player is running to sideline. A gains about 7 yards and B is flagged for substitution infraction. The officials marked off the penalty from the end of the gain. Is that the proper administration? I thought if that infraction was accepted it would be administered from the previous spot.

Yes, it's a foul simultaneous with the snap so it's a previous spot enforcement.

I found this odd in a game last night: Team A runs no huddle offense, Team B substitutes. A snaps player as B player is running to sideline. A gains about 7 yards and B is flagged for substitution infraction. The officials marked off the penalty from the end of the gain. Is that the proper administration? I thought if that infraction was accepted it would be administered from the previous spot.

They may have confused it with an illegal substitution where the 12th player enters the field after the snap but does not participate. This is a non-player foul and is penalized from the succeeding spot. (3-7-6)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT