ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Lewis names final six schools

Hope he isn’t another one of the VA kids with a lot of major offers and chooses to go try their prowess on the big stages and get buried under the competition and depth chart. As a high caliber recruit which is what made these schools offer the conundrum is that the schools on his list are going to recruit over his position.

Penn State signed two high caliber backs this previous season who will be entering year 3 when he gets to campus which shows they aren’t a stranger to bringing in competition at a position.

Tennessee is an upstart program returning to their glory days but they run a no huddle wide open offense , his speed could be a showcase within that but they’re going to continue bringing in the best talent they can yearly to compete with the NFL factories in the SEC.

Florida is in similar position as UT, where Florida has their picks of the liter with an overly talent riddled state. If the coach can win it won’t take long for them to return to where they once were with Meyer/Zook on the recruiting trails.

Bama and UGA will be a great place to accumulate national championships and appearances in the cfp but the risk of being buried on the depth chart looms large as year after year they reload.

South a Carolina is the only one on the list that falls outside of that analysis, and is a program that is more in line with most of the CFB world, wanting to breakthrough but not having the luxuries of the other schools on this list with their choice of an embarrassment of riches yearly. They still play in the SEC so the attention and attraction to lure players to Columbia is still there.

I wish the kid the best and want to see him flourish and excel at the next level but often times I want players to pick schools that fit their identity and playing prowess more than the I’m going to bama because Bama offered. I believe he can make a name and get onto the field but some roads are harder than others. There’s a large contingency of players from VA who went outside to big names and didn’t make much noise and there’s some that go places and become the man let’s hope for the latter for him as he makes his decision.

Reactions: falcettik
Alabama and Georgia is RBU. Can’t go wrong with either.

Will you see the field — they bring in 5 star caliber players yearly…RBU and you have a player like Alvin Kamara leave because he wasn’t getting his share. Gurley and Michel were a tandem that kept swift and Keith Marshall in limited roles. Again I’m not saying the kid can’t go there and become the man and the bell cow but there’s also reality that comes with the factory schools of being recruited over.

Could see South Carolina real easy but think Penn St. also has good chance.

South Click provides the best fit in my opinion — the kid wants to try his hand in the SEC from the list I’ve seen with the exception being PSU. USC (east) can be the place he cuts his teeth as baby beamer is familiar with VA and knows what the state Can produce.

3 players from VA at Bama

2 players from VA at UGA

What evidence do you guys have that sees VA talent go big time and get buried in the depth chart?

3 players from VA at Bama

2 players from VA at UGA

What evidence do you guys have that sees VA talent go big time and get buried in the depth chart?

The players at bama and UGA from VA now who are they and have they contributed so far? who has been an impact player outside of johnathan Allen? Many Virginia athletes that have went big time get buried especially the ones who are coming from the smaller classifications class 4A and smaller, but if you don’t want to believe me just do some research on the top 10 players in VA from the last 13 years many of the ones who went to the big schools fanned out and didn’t be a major player rather just another guy on the team.

I want this narrative to change I like seeing guys like the guys from Salem having 50+ offers between them to major programs and the schools outside of the normal footprint of recruiting for Virginia (757/nova/804) receiving national attention. I don’t want to sound like I’m doubting these kids ability because the accomplishment in and of itself to receive these offers are remarkable and speaks for itself. I don’t want them to be blinded by the lore and false promises of the “big boys” if the goal is to make it to the league then do what you feel you need to you can always transfer else where. Continue being great and it’s a great accomplishment for him to have a top 6 of the schools he listed.

Last edited:
I like the pick for him to go to Tennessee, if he holds to it and enrolls early or just goes in the summer I look forward to seeing what will do in that wide open offense. Can’t coach speed and a high tempo offense along with a coveted qb commit in nico he can really have an impact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT