ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus Vs LCA - the game we all wanted

Surprised to see zero talk of this game up here.
LCA, after watching film on them, they look like a complete team. Good size and speed. Phoebus has speed too, with alot of athletes. Thier offense has been opportunitic. Phoebus defense has been very stingy. LCA's offense is very good and has a knack for the big play. Something will give. I just hope the state championship game is called fairly. The best team will win. Im pulling for Phoebus.

These two teams have been on a crash course all year long! It will be settled on saturday.

Reactions: rainman17
I was just trying to be funny because if you follow another Class 3 team, you probably would have preferred them over 1 of these two teams. But yes, this should be a great game between the 2 best teams.

Apparently no one knows anything about Phoebus. I posted several days ago, inquiring as to a "scouting report" on Phoebus. 273 individuals viewed the post, but no one could reply.
I have seen LCA 3 times this season. Good QB, 3 good RBs, good tight end and good WR.

Reactions: Raiders Radio
Apparently no one knows anything about Phoebus. I posted several days ago, inquiring as to a "scouting report" on Phoebus. 273 individuals viewed the post, but no one could reply.
I have seen LCA 3 times this season. Good QB, 3 good RBs, good tight end and good WR.
Not to mention their Oline. It looks like steady rain. LCA should win the run battle.

Reactions: VolNation85
You forgot to mention their best group... the OL and DL are the best in Class 1-4...and probably top 3 in all of Va.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I saw Phoebus play 3 times this year against Woodside, Hopewell, and OS. I dont really count the OS game but in the Woodside game the offense sputtered the 1st quarter i.e fumbled snaps stupid offsides penalties but settled down and dominated the rest. The Hopewell game the offense never really got going and the defense was lights out and won that game. I dont think they can start slow in this game or it could get away from them. There D will do enough that gives them a chance to win but can the O make enough plays with that said it looks like the O has it figured out the last 2 games? I hope the weather holds off and it doesn't pour down rain all game!

I am not a "line" person. I focus on skill positions, and only "watch the ball". If offensive line didn't line up, I wouldn't notice it, other than center snapping ball.
From an Oline player and father, shame on you. Though you have lots of company. Always drove me nuts. If there’s a huge whole and the RB runs untouched through the fans chant his name alone. But if he gets tackled short of a 3 yard gain it’s,”come on Oline”.

I'm certain Phoebus is very athletic and fast. I lived in the Tidewater for a bit and watched Phoebus many times over the years. I would be willing to bet that Phoebus is the most athletic team LCA will have faced all year. Does that translate to a win? I have no idea, but Phoebus will bring bucket loads of talent to Lynchburg and great speed.

Ahh, its easy to see that a lot of people on here are new to the board (or only visits 3a and up). Not saying that as a bad thing at all, but taking any kind of stock in HR6 and what hes saying...

He will tell you he thinks EVERY team in the nation should run spread, throw it 60 times a game and doesn't care about line play, running the ball, or defense.

He despises any running team (i.e. Riverheads, Salem, etc.). It doesn't matter if those teams are GREAT at what they do (or even if changing to a Spread would make them worse). He would rather watch a bad team throw it all over the field and be unsuccessful than a team like Riverheads/Salem run their offense to near perfection.

Been like that for 20+ years on here. Whether that is his real view or not, nobody knows

Phoebus runs a spread with a good QB with major weapons outside in Gray, Mayo, Bass, Gatling, and Early all 6’2+. Phoebus has a good running back too but his backup is hurt. Athletes all over the field on defense ball hawks that love to hit. Defense gets a lot of sacks, TFLs, and turnovers. Defense only gave up 10 points in 4 playoffs games.

Weakness for Phoebus is offensive line. If they do their job it’s no doubt that Phoebus wins. Best Phoebus team since we’ve been 3A

Last edited:
Ahh, its easy to see that a lot of people on here are new to the board (or only visits 3a and up). Not saying that as a bad thing at all, but taking any kind of stock in HR6 and what hes saying...

He will tell you he thinks EVERY team in the nation should run spread, throw it 60 times a game and doesn't care about line play, running the ball, or defense.

He despises any running team (i.e. Riverheads, Salem, etc.). It doesn't matter if those teams are GREAT at what they do (or even if changing to a Spread would make them worse). He would rather watch a bad team throw it all over the field and be unsuccessful than a team like Riverheads/Salem run their offense to near perfection.

Been like that for 20+ years on here. Whether that is his real view or not, nobody knows
I feel like he has to be doing the longest troll job in the history of the internet.

There is no way he actually believes these things, in my opinion.

I feel like he has to be doing the longest troll job in the history of the internet.

There is no way he actually believes these things, in my opinion.

Some of the stuff, I can actually see people believing (i.e. Spread thing), that is just a preference thing, but I believe he does take it further.

There are other things that he absolutely has to be trolling though.

Either way, the board is more entertaining when he posts

Should be a good one. I’ll be at the bar at Carrabbas in Williamsburg watching this one on on NHFS on my phone. My only thoughts is the Phoebus offense has had its inconsistency despite great athletes and against LCA that may be trouble.

Phoebus runs a spread with a good QB with major weapons outside in Gray, Mayo, Bass, Gatling, and Early all 6’2+. Phoebus has a good running back too but his backup is hurt. Athletes all over the field on defense ball hawks that love to hit. Defense gets a lot of sacks, TFLs, and turnovers. Defense only gave up 10 points in 4 playoffs games.

Weakness for Phoebus is offensive line. If they do their job it’s no doubt that Phoebus wins. Best Phoebus team since we’ve been 3A
Little worried about your line considering LCA has great line play.

Reactions: Lafayette
Little worried about your line considering LCA has great line play.
There is absolutely no doubt that lca is strong at all positions. They hand picked a lot of the top talent in Lynchburg and basically put together an area all star team. There is a lot of talent in the Lynchburg area so not at all surprised that they are as good as they are. What surprises me is that they haven’t won a state title with this group before this year. How in the world is this the only year they “may” win a title with the talent they have. I have no idea if it’s fact but I’ve heard they may reclassify after this year although I’m not sure what level they may move to. Seems like they write whatever rules they want to go by and tell the vhsl what they are going to do if that’s the case. I hope Phoebus plays their top level game. I believe it will take it to win.

Reactions: wikki

If HR6 believes the above then he should drop is favorite team VA Tech and fall in love with the tennessee vols........

So does the Phoebus band actually out number the amount of Phoebus fans in attendance?

Class 3 State Championship End of the 3rd quarter: Phoebus 14, Liberty Christian 7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT