ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 1 Comments

Thanks for the take @Gunz41, but I didnt find @freeatlast2013, comments disrespectful at all. In fact, I am used to it. I explained in a prior post how I have come to respect the my pecker is bigger than yours talk. Free is a good dude and loves his team. Besides he bust my chops and I bust his. No need to go anywhere over this Free.
I also have a tremendous amount of respect for Dinwiddie Coaches, players and fan base. I am sorry if I offended anybody by comparisons. I just felt like the topic was pick em week one comments and Mike felt like he had to intercede, why I don't know, but I felt like the Gestapo was out. If the post heading had been GW Dinwiddie thoughts ok. I have made that mistake before several times and it has been pointed out rather vociferously. Plus I'm getting old and fat and cranky and sometimes I do not choose my words as carefully as I should. All that being said I am glad Mike is on here. It is a ball game and that is all. All I know is I love high school football and that means I respect all teams and players.

Last edited:
That would be a good topic of discussion, but we know so little about either team. I am also interested in the Louisa vs. Courtland match up. In my opinion, Louisa is the top dawg in B. Is the Lions going to dominate the Cougars or will it be a cat fight.
I don't know. How can Louisa be better than last year without Smith? I'll have to see it to believe it.

I don't know. How can Louisa be better than last year without Smith? I'll have to see it to believe it.
Good point, but they don't have to be better than last year, just the best in B this year. Smith was a special player and I sure he will be missed. Five of the top 4 teams in B lost their qb and Louisa returns the most talent on offense. Coach Patrick has brought a more balanced approach which complements his talented skill position players. Just think Louisa has the best team at this point. If the Lions win their first three games it will set them up for another undefeated season. No one in the Jefferson can touch them.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Good point, but they don't have to be better than last year, just the best in B this year. Smith was a special player and I sure he will be missed. Five of the top 4 teams in B lost their qb and Louisa returns the most talent on offense. Coach Patrick has brought a more balanced approach which complements his talented skill position players. Just think Louisa has the best team at this point. If the Lions win their first three games it will set them up for another undefeated season. No one in the Jefferson can touch them.

Great point. Just gotta be better than the rest of class 4 bc they will never play the Louisa 2018 team. I think what Louisa returned, they should be the favorite in region B based on what the other teams returned. Long season so we shall see. I really think the kid from Louisa who is committed to ODU is a really good ball player. They have a couple difference makers at skill positions on both sides of the ball. They do have a freshman QB though. A lot will depend on how that works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT