ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 1 Comments

@Lewis918777, you have me confused. If Dinwiddie is so down how is beating them going to be a statement? I have repeatedly said a GW victory would not shock me, but I just dont see how the "unreal" talent of GW is going roll all over us by 2-3 tds?????

If you saw the Generals in the first scrimmage at Glass I might understand your synopsis(3 starters out including D. Johnson our run stopper). Against Henrico and LC Bird we gave up one td in a half of play. On our first drive against Bird we scored in five plays 3-3 65 yards td pasding and 2 rushes for 15 yards. Henrico only stopped us once and that was inside their 15 (fg).

This team took all the smack talk and physical play those teams (LC Bird and Henrico) had to offer. Will they make a few youthful mistakes? Absolutely, but their discipline and coaching will keep them in the game.

I would bet you my hair, but that would not be fair. I dont have any. You guys know I respect GW, but yapping don't win a damn thing. See ya Friday!

I love that saying Navy, "yapping don't win a damn thing!" I might have to have that printed on a shirt.

Reactions: moto138
@Lewis918777, you have me confused. If Dinwiddie is so down how is beating them going to be a statement? I have repeatedly said a GW victory would not shock me, but I just dont see how the "unreal" talent of GW is going roll all over us by 2-3 tds?????

If you saw the Generals in the first scrimmage at Glass I might understand your synopsis(3 starters out including D. Johnson our run stopper). Against Henrico and LC Bird we gave up one td in a half of play. On our first drive against Bird we scored in five plays 3-3 65 yards td pasding and 2 rushes for 15 yards. Henrico only stopped us once and that was inside their 15 (fg).

This team took all the smack talk and physical play those teams (LC Bird and Henrico) had to offer. Will they make a few youthful mistakes? Absolutely, but their discipline and coaching will keep them in the game.

I would bet you my hair, but that would not be fair. I dont have any. You guys know I respect GW, but yapping don't win a damn thing. See ya Friday!
Now this is the response I was waiting for. I never said your team was down that was someone else but in another post you said I can’t see GW being much better than Byrd or Henrico doubt that one! 2-3 TD’s still we win don’t care who’s on the field! You know I like to hype things up when we’ve never played against your team before. Hmmm How about getting your eyebrows arched as the bet then lol ?? I’m just teasing you don’t take it seriously! But the best team will win See ya Friday

Reactions: BleedingNavy
GW has never played Life Christian, that was EC Glass. And I don’t have a dog in the fight but have you seen Dinwiddie’s rosters compared to Life’s roster. Cmon man! We get you don’t like LCA but the slander makes you lose credibility.
My bad! Sorry!

Now this is the response I was waiting for. I never said your team was down that was someone else but in another post you said I can’t see GW being much better than Byrd or Henrico doubt that one! 2-3 TD’s still we win don’t care who’s on the field! You know I like to hype things up when we’ve never played against your team before. Hmmm How about getting your eyebrows arched as the bet then lol ?? I’m just teasing you don’t take it seriously! But the best team will win See ya Friday

I think GW and Dinwiddie are dead even going into game one. I trust Dinwiddie to not make silly mistakes and keep the game plan simple. Do I buy that GW has better athletes? Yeah Maybe. History has taught me to not trust talent alone with regard to GW. If they come in and play sound mistake free...penalty free football, then I agree they will win. I also agree that Dinwiddie might have the best home field advantage in the state. I trust Dinwiddie more week one, plus the home-field is why I took the Generals. I'd be surprised if either team is leagues above the other. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

@Lewis918777, you seem to a good dude. I just wanted to have some fun as well. You are slick though. Betting your hair? Based on your twitter picture you appear to locks as flowing as mine. Lol.

This is going to be a good game and series for both teams. It will help out down the road for sure.

I think GW and Dinwiddie are dead even going into game one. I trust Dinwiddie to not make silly mistakes and keep the game plan simple. Do I buy that GW has better athletes? Yeah Maybe. History has taught me to not trust talent alone with regard to GW. If they come in and play sound mistake free...penalty free football, then I agree they will win. I also agree that Dinwiddie might have the best home field advantage in the state. I trust Dinwiddie more week one, plus the home-field is why I took the Generals. I'd be surprised if either team is leagues above the other. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.
I’m sorry we are not even!!! If we are going off of history Dinwiddie wins this one easily but we are not! Fans or broadcasters don’t win games players do! GW is very disciplined as well. I understand that everyone is going to go against me but I will stand my ground on this one. I know your in that area so you would pick the Generals! You will have a different tone about GW after Friday!!!

@Lewis918777, you seem to a good dude. I just wanted to have some fun as well. You are slick though. Betting your hair? Based on your twitter picture you appear to locks as flowing as mine. Lol.

This is going to be a good game and series for both teams. It will help out down the road for sure.
Lol your smart!! I’m just having fun I saw your Twitter as well no picture but I think you love the Generals

I’m sorry we are not even!!! If we are going off of history Dinwiddie wins this one easily but we are not! Fans or broadcasters don’t win games players do! GW is very disciplined as well. I understand that everyone is going to go against me but I will stand my ground on this one. I know your in that area so you would pick the Generals! You will have a different tone about GW after Friday!!!

Hey man I got no issue with you standing up and calling your home-run ball for your squad. In fact, I applaud you for it. Good luck in game 1

I saw the field tonight. Immaculately prepared as usual. I didn't have time to walk it over, but it looks solid and tight.

Preparations have moved along well. The usual set up work will be needed Friday, but the place really looked good. Temperatur should be ok. A little sunny and hot on the home side right up to about KO. After that, it should be a pleasant evening for an early football game.

JV's travel to GW tomorrow. I was told that the busses leave at 2:30pm. Best wishes to them.

@Lewis918777, you did hit on something earlier about GW's running game. This is a very key matchup, but so is our very talented o line against your front 6 or 7.

If GW doesn't get cute they should have the advantage. Home field in high school is usually not a factor, but only one team Hopewell (2012) has beaten us at home by more than two tds and the Generals have only lost 5 home regular season games since 2013. Statistics say this is a close one.

@Lewis918777, you did hit on something earlier about GW's running game. This is a very key matchup, but so is our very talented o line against your front 6 or 7.

If GW doesn't get cute they should have the advantage. Home field in high school is usually not a factor, but only one team Hopewell (2012) has beaten us at home by more than two tds and the Generals have only lost 5 home regular season games since 2013. Statistics say this is a close one.
This will be a close game win or lose! I know what GW’s weakness is this year just Hope that Coach Mills and his staff don’t figure it out until after the game lol

Great point @cutnjump. I was looking at Coach Mills record at Dinwiddie and very few coaches own a winning record against him, especially those who play him consistently. Since realignment he has beaten the whose who of Class 4: Mags (Salem 2-1), Linn ( Lafayette 1-0), Sawyer (LT 2-1), Henderson (Monacan 4-1) Hall (Courtland 2-0) and Hall (Sherando 1-0). Only Fisher (Louisa 0-1) Stout (Hanover 1-2), and Hatfield (EV 1-1) have been able to equal or best him.

Yes, Dinwiddie is young, but I can promise you Mills has a plan. The Generals will be ready to line up and bash heads with the abundance of D1 athletes GW has. The trenches is where its at!

Great point @cutnjump. I was looking at Coach Mills record at Dinwiddie and very few coaches own a winning record against him, especially those who play him consistently. Since realignment he has beaten the whose who of Class 4: Mags (Salem 2-1), Linn ( Lafayette 1-0), Sawyer (LT 2-1), Henderson (Monacan 4-1) Hall (Courtland 2-0) and Hall (Sherando 1-0). Only Fisher (Louisa 0-1) Stout (Hanover 1-2), and Hatfield (EV 1-1) have been able to equal or best him.

Yes, Dinwiddie is young, but I can promise you Mills has a plan. The Generals will be ready to line up and bash heads with the abundance of D1 athletes GW has. The trenches is where its at!
Well that’s impressive But I think Coach Nick Anderson is up for a chess match!!

Mills is a great coach but I have to share some other facts. Maghenbauer 169-29 with five State titles in fifteen years. Hard to win one but five ?

Mills is a great coach but I have to share some other facts. Maghenbauer 169-29 with five State titles in fifteen years. Hard to win one but five ?
Unbelievable! Oops, I should have left the Maghenbauer out of the conversation. Didnt mean to get your maroon and white panties ruffled @freeatlast2013. Good factual information, but how is it going to help GW or Dinwiddie win this game. Thanks Mike. Lol

Reactions: freeatlast2013

BleedingNavy, should you choose to accept the bet and lose, perhaps you could wear a toupee, or a wig, for the week? :)

Like Mike Tyson said everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth!!!!
That is a great point. Recent history might modify that statement to say GW always has a plan until they get punched in the mouth by a solid opponent. I would love to be proven wrong and would gladly eat the crow if it happens but, GW has to actually show a pulse in the playoffs before I get real excited. A win at Dinwiddie would be a quality start.

That is a great point. Recent history might modify that statement to say GW always has a plan until they get punched in the mouth by a solid opponent. I would love to be proven wrong and would gladly eat the crow if it happens but, GW has to actually show a pulse in the playoffs before I get real excited. A win at Dinwiddie would be a quality start.
If GW doesn’t beat Dinwiddie, I wouldn’t expect them to beat JF or Glass this year, just saying. It’s been 12 years since they’ve beaten a formidable opponent.

How about the Tuscarora vs Broad Run Game??? Wow could that be a preview of the region C final in week one?

Reactions: mike salem
If GW doesn’t beat Dinwiddie, I wouldn’t expect them to beat JF or Glass this year, just saying. It’s been 12 years since they’ve beaten a formidable opponent.
What do you think about JF this year? I know they have Cupit and Hackworth, but who else do you think will be an impact player?

I do not believe it has been that long. GW beat Lake Taylor in the early part of this decade(2012 I think) down there. Having said that, the current staff is looking for their first in my opinion.

Reactions: NDRam
I do not believe it has been that long. GW beat Lake Taylor in the early part of this decade(2012 I think) down there. Having said that, the current staff is looking for their first in my opinion.
GW played Lake Taylor tough in 2012, but lost 21-0. This GW staff has beaten Courtland in 2014 & Magna Vista in 2014 & 2015 which Magna Vista won the 3A title in both years but I don’t think either win was over overwhelming talent. GW has yet to beat an actual consistent program since 2007 against Varina in week 1. They beat Reidsville and Amherst the previous years which were good wins against two teams who won their respective state championship those years.

What do you think about JF this year? I know they have Cupit and Hackworth, but who else do you think will be an impact player?
JF should be tough especially with the new coach emphasizing defense. I watched the GW/JF game and they are really sound when they’re stopping people on D. I wouldn’t be surprised if their meeting with Glass will be for the Seminole championship. Culpit is going to be really really good this year.

Also @cutnjump, I don’t think a GW victory screams they are state contenders either. Dinwiddie is young in a lot of spots. They have some talented linemen and their skill guys mirror GW athletically. GW’s playoff success has been downright embarrassing to the talent they’ve had. They consistently have college talent but have failed to bring it together on the field. We can go over variables all day, fact is, they will have to go undefeated (beat the big boys in Dinwiddie and beat Glass at home) and at least show up for the Region D championship before they get respect from people.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Also @cutnjump, I don’t think a GW victory screams they are state contenders either. Dinwiddie is young in a lot of spots. They have some talented linemen and their skill guys mirror GW athletically. GW’s playoff success has been downright embarrassing to the talent they’ve had. They consistently have college talent but have failed to bring it together on the field. We can go over variables all day, fact is, they will have to go undefeated (beat the big boys in Dinwiddie and beat Glass at home) and at least show up for the Region D championship before they get respect from people.
You are correct on LT and Varina. My recall seems to be slipping. My apologies. I also agree that a win at Dinwiddie does not stamp them contenders, just a better quality start and win compared to recent times. As far as talent goes they have had some and they always have physical talent. I think though that D-1 talent coming out in recent years is a far cry from what GW has historically produced. Of course if you count the Dan River kids that would have been at GW if the administrators in the Danville school system had a brain that gap would be reduced. I agree it is a show me situation as there has been enough talk.

Reactions: NDRam
And that is why we started our own board. I think, I'm done here.

If you don't understand why a couple people said that then I don't think anyone can help you. I don't think there is a bigger Salem fan on here than @mike salem, and he didn't think it was right to turn a discussion about Dinwiddie coach and make it about Salem coach. The comment came off as disrespectful to Dinwiddie coach, and trying to turn the conversation to Salem.

Reactions: WP02alum
If you don't understand why a couple people said that then I don't think anyone can help you. I don't think there is a bigger Salem fan on here than @mike salem, and he didn't think it was right to turn a discussion about Dinwiddie coach and make it about Salem coach. The comment came off as disrespectful to Dinwiddie coach, and trying to turn the conversation to Salem.
Thanks for the take @Gunz41, but I didnt find @freeatlast2013, comments disrespectful at all. In fact, I am used to it. I explained in a prior post how I have come to respect the my pecker is bigger than yours talk. Free is a good dude and loves his team. Besides he bust my chops and I bust his. No need to go anywhere over this Free.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
Thanks for the take @Gunz41, but I didnt find @freeatlast2013, comments disrespectful at all. In fact, I am used to it. I explained in a prior post how I have come to respect the my pecker is bigger than yours talk. Free is a good dude and loves his team. Besides he bust my chops and I bust his. No need to go anywhere over this Free.
Man you have to chill with some of your figure of speeches. Not appropriate for a high school board man.

How about the Tuscarora vs Broad Run Game??? Wow could that be a preview of the region C final in week one?
That would be a good topic of discussion, but we know so little about either team. I am also interested in the Louisa vs. Courtland match up. In my opinion, Louisa is the top dawg in B. Is the Lions going to dominate the Cougars or will it be a cat fight.

Reactions: mbonape1
Man you have to chill with some of your figure of speeches. Not appropriate for a high school board man.
Really? To those I have offended I apologize. Let me rephrase it for the politically correct. Your coach/team/story is better than mine. That sound better? See ya Friday!

Really? To those I have offended I apologize. Let me rephrase it for the politically correct. Your coach/team/story is better than mine. That sound better? See ya Friday!
Just saying mr. high and mighty. Not about being offended, it’s about having some class and being appropriate on a high school message board. It’s women and children on this board.

Edit, you won’t see me Friday night.

Well I am glad you didn't take it that way. I just saw you talking about having 1 championship, and he said something like hard to win 1 but 5. I was taking it as diminishing your coach

Just saying mr. high and mighty. Not about being offended, it’s about having some class and being appropriate on a high school message board. It’s women and children on this board.

Edit, you won’t see me Friday night.

How exactly did he come off high and mighty?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT