ADVERTISEMENT

Pick em Week 1 Comments

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
** Get your picks in EARLY!! 9 Thur games next week in our Pick em, including 3 GOW games. If you're late you will be leaving a lot of points on the board (-12 if you miss Thur post)**

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
One of the games I was curious about is Louisa/PH-A. I heard from a pretty reliable source that Louisa is going to be down somewhat this year. And PH laid an egg last year. So who do you pick?
Well, it looks like from the picks that the brain trust is struggling too.

One thing that makes the first few weeks fun is all of the uncertainty. With no reliable track record except last year, and scrimmage information, it’s a crap shoot for many of the games.

One of the games I was curious about is Louisa/PH-A. I heard from a pretty reliable source that Louisa is going to be down somewhat this year. And PH laid an egg last year. So who do you pick?
Well, it looks like from the picks that the brain trust is struggling too.

One thing that makes the first few weeks fun is all of the uncertainty. With no reliable track record except last year, and scrimmage information, it’s a crap shoot for many of the games.
I like Louisa DP. They seem to plug and play really well. PH looked very lackluster last year but they were young.

A game that’s not on pick em could surprise a lot of people is Indian River at Varina. I’m sure most would pick Varina but IR brings back some really good players off of their Regional Championship team.

I like Louisa DP. They seem to plug and play really well. PH looked very lackluster last year but they were young.

A game that’s not on pick em could surprise a lot of people is Indian River at Varina. I’m sure most would pick Varina but IR brings back some really good players off of their Regional Championship team.
I agree. IR looks good on paper. That game was on another pickem that I’m in, but I just felt the Varina defense might decide the outcome.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I tell you another one I pondered at length. Tucker and Caroline. Caroline was close last year. Usually I shy away from picking a team with a first year coach, but after watching an interview with him, I think he is the kind of guy that can get the best from his guys. I see you took Caroline, too.

I tell you another one I pondered at length. Tucker and Caroline. Caroline was close last year. Usually I shy away from picking a team with a first year coach, but after watching an interview with him, I think he is the kind of guy that can get the best from his guys. I see you took Caroline, too.
Caroline brought back a nice little core. I think Tucker lost a bit. Tucker just doesn’t care about football. Their biggest win in probably 15+ years was them losing to that loaded Deep Run team during the COVID season by 2-3 points. Tucker should always be pretty good.

I watched Louisa scrimmage Freedom Woodbridge on NFHS. Either Louisa is going to be extremely good or Freedom is going to be extremely bad
I would think it’s more Freedom-W not being very good, more than Louisa being a world beater. I’m only saying that because a Louisa insider that I talked to was not very optimistic.

I’m surprised so many are picking Salem over LCA. Salem lost a lot and usually start slow. Hoping for a great game. LCA seems to be loaded again.

I definitely would pick Varina

I took Salem in the Pick Em, but I won’t be shocked if LCA wins. I’m one that believes home field plays a big part, normally. I don’t know what to think about Salem dismembering the Bees. I know they are rarely on the same level with Salem, but damn, to say they were dominated by Salem is an understatement.
I think Salem has answered most of the early season questions ahead of the normal time frame and are close to mid-season form already. And Brookville is in the opposite situation and trying to find out who can do what and where.

from what i saw on facebook it looked like the salem guys on the offensive line were being quite mean to the guys in white shirts.

• Haha
Reactions: mike salem
Good participation in the Pick em so far. Keep em coming. For this week the picks need to be in Thur by 7!

Almost half of our Pick em games happen on Thur! Don't miss out!

I count 28 players so far. I was hoping for 40.

Get your picks in. Deadline is Tomorrow at 7:00 pm. About 35 hours left.

The entry fee is $5,000,000,000.00 this year. But if you get your picks in by the deadline the entry fee will be waived.

• Haha
Reactions: 1Gensfan
I'm wondering if any games will be moved to Friday because of the heat 🔥 100 + and bad weather thunderstorm coming in tomorrow evening.

I'm wondering if any games will be moved to Friday because of the heat 🔥 100 + and bad weather thunderstorm coming in tomorrow evening.
Yeah, just check the weather for around kickoff tomorrow, some schedule changes might end up happening. Calling for thunderstorms from 4-6, then some lightning from 6-10.

Hey ClarkeFan, where are your picks? How about you Wikki? You know more about football than most of us guys.

mbonape1, come on, join us.

How about you BJ? You can put that new baby down long enough to make a few picks.
Yeah, just check the weather for around kickoff tomorrow, some schedule changes might end up happening. Calling for thunderstorms from 4-6, then some lightning from 6-10.
Friday in Dinwiddie looks better than Thursday, but it’s still 30-40% chance of rain. But the temperature is more tolerable, a high of 85. My guess is 80 at KO. Darn lightning though is the bigger problem. What’s the standard. 20 minutes after any strikes within 20 miles?

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Hey ClarkeFan, where are your picks? How about you Wikki? You know more about football than most of us guys.

mbonape1, come on, join us.

How about you BJ? You can put that new baby down long enough to make a few picks.

Friday in Dinwiddie looks better than Thursday, but it’s still 30-40% chance of rain. But the temperature is more tolerable, a high of 85. My guess is 80 at KO. Darn lightning though is the bigger problem. What’s the standard. 20 minutes after any strikes within 20 miles?
I think it is

Missed on the PH game.. Spot on for the Varina/Indian River game.

PH put Devin Roose at QB and they just may be playing 11-12 games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT