ADVERTISEMENT

Piedmont District set

Sep 7, 2019
With Halifax's win over Magna Vista, they have secured the top seed in Districts and Regionals, and will have a 'bye week'.

2 seed GW (tied for 1st in standings) will face 7 seed Patrick County Friday

3 seed Martinsville will play 6 seed Bassett Friday

4 seed Magna Vista will face 5 seed Tunstall (I believe that's correct) Friday, and the winner will face Halifax Monday.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Didn't Halifax and GW have the same district record? What was the tiebreaker?
They did. We both had the same mutual district loss (Martinsville), so I’m assuming they did it by overall record. It makes sense, but it’s not really fair for GW’s tough non-con schedule. I guess there’s not any other fair way to decide it

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Dogwood District decided to not have district tournaments for any sports this school year.

Probably had a coin toss since the tournament means absolutely nothing except to make money. Has no effect on regional seeding for anybody
It’s an absolute joke now. Miss the days where if you didn’t make the championship game, you didn’t make the playoffs. The kids took it a lot more serious and Bassett’s gym would be capacity from the 1st round to the championship game. Good ole days. The best championship I think I’ve ever seen was the Martinsville/Tunstall championship games back in 04 and 05. Those guy played their hearts out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT