ADVERTISEMENT

pioneer district

Aug 26, 2016
big pioneer district game coming up this week with narrows headed to parry mcCluer heard dawson didn't play this week will he be back for next week

Pioneer is down, but let's not get carried away. Narrows, Covington, and PM are okay. They are top five teams in Region C. They would be top five in Region D as well. Does Region B even have five teams? I know PM beat WC.... I'm not sure how they would stack up in Region A. Sadly, our playoff system won't let us answer such questions.

Pioneer is a soft district to be sure. But I would put most of those teams as #2 in MED behind Galax. I think Narrows/PM are still better than GW. That said...will any of that matter after round 2 of region play...probably not.

Reactions: obguthr
Pioneer is a soft district to be sure. But I would put most of those teams as #2 in MED behind Galax. I think Narrows/PM are still better than GW. That said...will any of that matter after round 2 of region play...probably not.
2A Grayson and Fort Chiswell make MED a little tougher and Grayson drops to 1C next year.

Grayson does make it tougher...I'll leave it at that. No doubt a better district. I remember when the original plan was to move Radford to Pioneer if they remained 1A...shew glad they avoided that grenade. It is simply that the talented teams in SWVA are spread hell to breakfast, so no district is great top to bottom. Rarely are they ever.

Grayson does make it tougher...I'll leave it at that. No doubt a better district. I remember when the original plan was to move Radford to Pioneer if they remained 1A...shew glad they avoided that grenade. It is simply that the talented teams in SWVA are spread hell to breakfast, so no district is great top to bottom. Rarely are they ever.
Radford in the Pioneer would be wrong in so many ways. I can't even believe it was discussed. I'm not just thinking about football. Think about Olympic sports. Radford vs. Highland or Craig? Dear Lord.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
I think it will be a close game if Dawson plays. If not, bleh...anyone know what his injury is and the status of said injury?

As far as the Pioneer being weak, yea I mean it's a strictly 1A district at this point so naturally they're not going to have as much success as the 2A's do in the split districts. Are there even any other strictly 1A districts in the state at this point? Not even sure. Without digging up the non district records for all the teams in the district I do believe Narrows, Covington, and PM have all shown pretty good efforts in their non-district games this year. Even Bath pulled out some wins this year. I know Covington lost by only 2 TD's vs. Glenvar and Narrows played Giles to the wire, granted Giles is down-n-out this year but still dont believe the Pioneer is as weak across the board as people may want to believe.

Northern neck district is strictly 1a, and in my opinion is one of the hardest district's in all sports to survive in. We tend to knock each other around come district and regional time. 9 times out of 10 we send 5 of the 6 teams to regionals and have a a team in the state final four.

The MED back in the 90s was a tough District. You had Narrows, Floyd and Fort chiswell who was all good during that time frame. Giles, Grayson County and Galax..

The MED back in the 90s was a tough District. You had Narrows, Floyd and Fort chiswell who was all good during that time frame. Giles, Grayson County and Galax..
In the 70s, all those teams were in the New River with Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Carroll, George Wythe, and Radford, except Grayson which hadn't been formed from Indepence and Fries yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT