ADVERTISEMENT

Pioneer4life....You can unpucker now lmao

He was thinking about getting another recruit from another school to help out lol Davis bailed them out again . 0-4 passing

Reactions: Chucksteel72
He was thinking about getting another recruit from another school to help out lol Davis bailed them out again . 0-4 passing
Heritage 23 offensive plays for the game and JF 88 offensive plays. 15 carries 368 yards 5 TDs from Davis. Its high school ball, if your stud is hot give him the ball.

Reactions: lyhsports
I live in the Staunton River school district yes.

Just wanted to say I watched you guys Friday and Damn overstreet is an absolute beast...kid runs so hard every play...and your other 2 backs are pretty darn good also....OL looks solid...defense looked a little shaky early but settled in.

Sit back and enjoy another deep run in playoffs buddy

But I talked to a guy from SR and he said you're loaded with seniors..is this accurate?

Good luck to SR....a fun team to watch

Just wanted to say I watched you guys Friday and Damn overstreet is an absolute beast...kid runs so hard every play...and your other 2 backs are pretty darn good also....OL looks solid...defense looked a little shaky early but settled in.

Sit back and enjoy another deep run in playoffs buddy

But I talked to a guy from SR and he said you're loaded with seniors..is this accurate?

Good luck to SR....a fun team to watch
Overstreet, Jones, and Tester are 3 really good backs. There are alot of seniors in this group. Defense seems to get better as the game winds on. Been that way all year and last year to be honest. This was the first 10-0 season in school history. We all in South Bedford are hoping for a great playoff run. I believe it will be a SR/Heritage semifinal game at SR this year if all goes as expected. But you never know. Where did you have to come from to catch the game Friday?

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
Overstreet, Jones, and Tester are 3 really good backs. There are alot of seniors in this group. Defense seems to get better as the game winds on. Been that way all year and last year to be honest. This was the first 10-0 season in school history. We all in South Bedford are hoping for a great playoff run. I believe it will be a SR/Heritage semifinal game at SR this year if all goes as expected. But you never know. Where did you have to come from to catch the game Friday?

I'm a giles guy...we was off and wanted to see you guys run single wing and to see overstreet also

Nice.. Not sure I'm spelling it correctly but the Biedleman kid. I was wondering what position in the backfield does he play for Giles?

Tailback...our tailback usually gets the majority of the carries...if overstreet played fullback for us like he does for you I can guarantee our fullback would then get 95% of the carries lol

Tailback...our tailback usually gets the majority of the carries...if overstreet played fullback for us like he does for you I can guarantee our fullback would then get 95% of the carries lol
Jones is our tailback, Tester is our wing back and Porter is our blocking back. Porter was the quarterback last year at neighboring Liberty high school.

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
I have seen Davis. Don't take this wrong, I agree he is unreal. Great size, vision, balance and power. However the reason he's not getting the D1 looks is his speed, or lack of. IMO

Reactions: VolNation85
If anybody wants to see two of the best running backs in the area, I'd be at Lynchburg City Stadium Thursday and Friday. Elijah Davis for Heritage on Thursday, and on Friday, Larry Basham comes to town to take on EC Glass.

Also, you'll want to check out up and comer Ty Foster, Sophomore for EC Glass. The kid has some speed. Hopefully they will give him some touches this Friday.

Reactions: Kimosabe5
Kimosabe....you got some bad information. I have no clue why Davis is not being recruited D1 but it's not because of speed. This kid has wheels.

Reactions: lyhsports
You do have a clue as to why he's not being recruited by D1. I just told you. Speed. With all his other attributes dude would be fighting off offers if he was fast. Look at Beck in Blacksburg. Davis may be better in a lot of areas, but not speed. Beck can fly. Speed draws attention

Davis clocked in somewhere in the high 4.4 range when he ran the 40 at Tech this year. Btw, not many backs in the nation have Olympic speed like Beck.

Sorry just didn't see that kinda speed in person. Can't argue with a clock, but I didn't see it. Not trying to tear down a great RB, just giving my opinion as to why he might not be getting more looks.

Some players just slip thru the cracks on recruiting trail. I recall Gretna WR Brandon Turner in 2003. He had no offers until the state championship game at Liberty University. The LU coach watched title game and made an offer after game. Turner started every game at WR for 4 years at LU.
Last week Davis had I believe 368 yards on 15 carries. That's worthy of D1 offer in itself. I am hoping he is on Liberty's recruiting Radar.

I'd love to see him at LU. I do believe the boy has serious talent.

Kimosabe....you got some bad information. I have no clue why Davis is not being recruited D1 but it's not because of speed. This kid has wheels.
I think a better description is his lack of quickness. Almost every FCS or FBS running back has incredible quickness and speed. The ones that are not blazing fast or quick are usually 6ft plus and 220lbs plus. Not at all hating on Davis because he is an outstanding high school running back, but he's not blazing quick and he's 5'9'' 200 lbs. That's not a good combination for FCS or FBS coaches.

By quickness I'm talking about his lateral movement. He breaks a lot of tackles at the high school level but he's not making anyone miss per say.

Last edited:
He is the state offensive player of the year in 3a. Not even debatable. This kid is a animal.
I would think it will be between him and Overstreet. I personally think Lala is a more complete RB than Overstreet but, it's going to be hard to beat out the defending player of the year and state's all time leader in career yards, touchdowns, and points.

As for Overstreet, I can't believe Richmond is planning to use him on defense, Reminds me of Al Groh moving Vic hall to defense at UVA.

I agree VolNation but if you go straight stats this year, it is a pretty easy decision. I know I am a heritage homer but the #'s don't lie. Davis has a ridiculous stat line this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT