ADVERTISEMENT

Pioneer4life....You can unpucker now lmao

I would think it will be between him and Overstreet. I personally think Lala is a more complete RB than Overstreet but, it's going to be hard to beat out the defending player of the year and state's all time leader in career yards, touchdowns, and points.
Davis has 2300+ and 36 rushing TD's. Depending on how far Heritage goes in the playoffs, at the pace he is on he could eclipse the 3,000 yrd mark by the 3rd round!

Reactions: newleather
I think a better description is his lack of quickness. Almost every FCS or FBS running back has incredible quickness and speed. The ones that are not blazing fast or quick are usually 6ft plus and 220lbs plus. Not at all hating on Davis because he is an outstanding high school running back, but he's not blazing quick and he's 5'9'' 200 lbs. That's not a good combination for FCS or FBS coaches.

By quickness I'm talking about his lateral movement. He breaks a lot of tackles at the high school level but he's not making anyone miss per say.
What this kids highlights and look at the number of kids he makes miss with jukes and jump cuts and compare it to other D1 recruits highlights. Especially the run against Brookville when he makes 4 jump cuts in the box to make 6 kids mis s then bolt 65 yards for the score... I agree with Hampton Roads 6 and sadly I see it all the time. Some good/great talent falls through the cracks in this recruiting process.

I agree VolNation but if you go straight stats this year, it is a pretty easy decision. I know I am a heritage homer but the #'s don't lie. Davis has a ridiculous stat line this year.
D1 recruiters are looking for size and speed 1st. (Grades and behavior are obviously important as well) His stats are great and maybe he could do well at the next level, but there is so much competition at the next level it's difficult to get noticed. I think he will do well at a D2 or D3 level. (Maybe D1AA VMI)

What this kids highlights and look at the number of kids he makes miss with jukes and jump cuts and compare it to other D1 recruits highlights. Especially the run against Brookville when he makes 4 jump cuts in the box to make 6 kids mis s then bolt 65 yards for the score... I agree with Hampton Roads 6 and sadly I see it all the time. Some good/great talent falls through the cracks in this recruiting process.
I don't need to watch his highlights. I have watched him play in person since he was 5 years old. No doubt, that run against Brookville was a great run but, he doesn't have those types of runs very often. Again, no hating at all because he is a great player and a great person, he just lacks lateral quickness for a relatively "small" RB.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
I don't need to watch his highlights. I have watched him play in person since he was 5 years old. No doubt, that run against Brookville was a great run but, he doesn't have those types of runs very often. Again, no hating at all because he is a great player and a great person, he just lacks lateral quickness for a relatively "small" RB.
Not many 200+ lbs back make runs like that routinely but look at the number of kids he do makes miss in the "phone booth" routinely shows his lateral abilities. I've watched him since rec also. So you know that before the knee injury quickness and speed is what is game was all about. He bulked up to his 200+ frame after the knee injury. We gonna have to disagree on this one.

I have been fortunate enough to watch every single Seminole team play this season. I have been to all 8 stadiums, and have watched some great football games. Last week LCA @ Brookville was sensational. I say all that to say IMO out of all the running backs I have seen Davis is on another level. Much like Bernard is for Brookville. I don't mean that as a slight to any other team or player but these guys are amazing with what they can do. Personally, I think too much emphasis is put on D1 as be the end all be all. There are great players/teams at the D2/D3 level. For example, Mount Union or Mary Hardin-Baylor, are elite level D3 programs with extremely talented players. These two guys plus many more will have college opportunities and should go where their heart tells them is the best fit regardless of the "level"

It’s easy to measure a kids speed, quickness, size , strength, but very hard to measure his heart and determination. Just what I posted earlier about MV rb Hairston when he was getting recruited by basically no D1. There were a few d1s. but when you watched him you knew he had heart and determination. Coastal Carolina got them a player.

Not many 200+ lbs back make runs like that routinely but look at the number of kids he do makes miss in the "phone booth" routinely shows his lateral abilities. I've watched him since rec also. So you know that before the knee injury quickness and speed is what is game was all about. He bulked up to his 200+ frame after the knee injury. We gonna have to disagree on this one.
Lol fair enough.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
I have been fortunate enough to watch every single Seminole team play this season. I have been to all 8 stadiums, and have watched some great football games. Last week LCA @ Brookville was sensational. I say all that to say IMO out of all the running backs I have seen Davis is on another level. Much like Bernard is for Brookville. I don't mean that as a slight to any other team or player but these guys are amazing with what they can do. Personally, I think too much emphasis is put on D1 as be the end all be all. There are great players/teams at the D2/D3 level. For example, Mount Union or Mary Hardin-Baylor, are elite level D3 programs with extremely talented players. These two guys plus many more will have college opportunities and should go where their heart tells them is the best fit regardless of the "level"
I could not agree more. At the end of the day, if a player can get a college education paid for AND play football at the same time, who cares if it is FCS, FBS, D II, or D III?

They very well might be on the same field in the semifinals.
@Chucksteel72 You know I don't want to sound like your buddy Pioneer 4life but, unless some miracle happens, Heritage will be in the Semi finals. Brookville has the only real chance of knocking them off. Your boys just have to make sure they take care of business too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chucksteel72
Would this game be played in Lynchburg or Moneta?
Good question because I thought I read that this year Region C champ hosts the Region D champ and Region A champ hosts Region B champ. Then I heard that it would come down to who had the most power points. I'm curious also

I could not agree more. At the end of the day, if a player can get a college education paid for AND play football at the same time, who cares if it is FCS, FBS, D II, or D III?

Because DII has less athletic scholarship opportunities and DIII has none...

Paid for is paid for.

DIII can still find ways to make tuition much more affordable.

Reactions: VolNation85
Because DII has less athletic scholarship opportunities and DIII has none...
True but, who cares if school is paid for by athletic scholarships or some other form of scholarship? Paid for is paid for.

True but, who cares if school is paid for by athletic scholarships or some other form of scholarship? Paid for is paid for.

It's far from paid for.. DII allows 36 scholarships per team so likely they will give partials to most players. DIII does not allow any athletic scholarships at all. They may be able to throw some "academic" money your way but nowhere near "paid for".

It's much worse for other sports....

It's far from paid for.. DII allows 36 scholarships per team so likely they will give partials to most players. DIII does not allow any athletic scholarships at all. They may be able to throw some "academic" money your way but nowhere near "paid for".

It's much worse for other sports....
I’m sure by the time “academic money” is gven combined with Financial Aid, it could be paid for. As a matter of fact, I know several people that have went this route.

I’m sure by the time “academic money” is gven combined with Financial Aid, it could be paid for. As a matter of fact, I know several people that have went this route.

If someone told you they got a "full ride" athletic to a DII or DIII they are likely lying. They are definitely lying if it was for anything other than football...

If someone told you they got a "full ride" athletic to a DII or DIII they are likely lying. They are definitely lying if it was for anything other than football...
Lol that’s not what I said. I’ll concede though. You’re right, I’m wrong. LOL

Someone trying to give me a heart attack. Heritage has fans ??? SERIOUSLY! !!!

last week: 368 yards on 15 carries. that's good running, even it's against the cheerleaders. No average RB puts up numbers like that, unless they have 45 carries.

Well look anyone could post those numbers on Liberty there're horrible.. Hell put up numbers on Gw, Salem, Magna Vista,.. Just to name A few. Step out of the box and play some real out of conference games, heck heritage didn't want to step outside the box, hats off to Amherst for always playing the best competition year in and out.. But he is A great back..

Well look anyone could post those numbers on Liberty there're horrible.. Hell put up numbers on Gw, Salem, Magna Vista,.. Just to name A few. Step out of the box and play some real out of conference games, heck heritage didn't want to step outside the box, hats off to Amherst for always playing the best competition year in and out.. But he is A great back..
Those numbers against JF.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT