ADVERTISEMENT

Play calling cards...

DiamondDude

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
What is the rule about players having play cards in high school? Are they limited to the wrist or waist or both. I see the Jayem players pictured (on 10/22) on the main page has it on his belt. Is there a rule about this from the VHSL?

It's not a VHSL rule, it's a NFHS rule. And by rule, no, play cards cannot be worn on the belt.

I see them there quite often and I've never said a word about them and don't intend to start. They are functional, not decorative. No one wears them as adornments.

Know what else is illegal?

Pink towels. Know what else I'm not going to say a word about? Same answer.

Re: Know what else is illegal?

Frankly, I just don't understand some of these petty NFHS rules. I would think a towel should be any color, as long as there is no ad or logos.

Re: Know what else is illegal?

The reasoning behind the color prohibition is to prevent gang members from displaying their colors. A school that's black and gold won't have guys with red towels hanging off their pants. Hopefully that's not a big issue in Virginia but I suppose it could be.

that's the reason for the rule and I'm all for it, but if a team is supporting an effort like cancer awareness and it's obvious to all involved, nothing good can come from being a hard-@$$ about that rule.

From what I understand, some areas in Virginia are saying no pink towels, and my friends in Tennessee said their state office says flag anyone wearing a pink towel. I just don't get that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT